Pelosi, Democrats furious over Netanyahu 'condescension'

The anti-Semitism coming from today's left is disgusting. What a bunch of vile pigs.

Pelosi, Democrats furious over Netanyahu 'condescension'

WASHINGTON — House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi politely stood and clapped when Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu entered the House chamber for his long-awaited, and highly controversial, speech to Congress. The longer he spoke, the less enthusiastic she got.

At one point, when Netanyahu suggested his nation's relationship with the United States should be above politics, Pelosi looked at her lap and shook her head. When he declared that, "if Israel has to stand alone, Israel will stand," Pelosi threw her hands up in exasperation. More than once, she turned to her deputy, Rep. Steny Hoyer of Maryland, and appeared to vent. And even before Netanyahu had begun his ascent up the center aisle toward the exit, Pelosi pivoted and headed out a different door and into the Democratic cloakroom.

"I was near tears throughout the prime minister's speech — saddened by the insult to the intelligence of the United States," she fumed in a statement afterward, adding that she didn't appreciate "the condescension toward our knowledge of the threat posed by Iran and our broader commitment to preventing nuclear proliferation."

Pelosi's was the highest-profile sign that Netanyahu had inflamed his relationship with some congressional Democrats with his address to Congress, a 39-minute warning that Obama's negotiations on limiting Iran's nuclear capability would all but guarantee that Tehran gets nuclear weapons. Even as he spoke, the Obama administration pressed on with those talks, and the president dismissed Netanyahu's speech by noting that "foreign policy runs through the executive branch and the president, not through other channels."

More than four dozen Democrats skipped the speech altogether, offended by an array of developments before they even got to the policy substance of the speech itself.

*snip*

"It was putting Netanyahu on an equal level with the president of the United States," said Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn. "And that was wrong."

*snip*

But Cohen and 11 other House Democrats later expounded on their multiple frustrations with the speech, including the substance. His statement about Israel standing alone particularly chafed.

"I think that's delusional," said Rep. Earl Blumenauer, D-Ore., who skipped the speech. "The notion somehow that he thinks that Israel can just bull through this on their own against the world ... Israelis don't believe that."

"What I heard today felt to me like an effort to stampede the United States into war once again," said Rep. Jan Schakowsky, D-Ill., who also skipped the speech.

Rep. John Yarmuth, D-Ky., said the speech was "straight out of the Dick Cheney playbook — fearmongering at its worst."
Obabble is the King of condescension...if not for his stupidity Bibi could have stayed home

The anti-Semitism coming from today's left is disgusting. What a bunch of vile pigs.
I think it is part sympathy for the victim and belief in the inherent good in man. Unfortunately these feelings are very misplaced when dealing with parties who shout, "Death to America!"

I LOVE seeing the wedge between US and Israel getting larger and larger.
Not really.

More like the wedge between the Failed Messiah (Obumble) and the American People.
The American people showed how much they like Obama in November 2012. :)
Yep and in 2014 also.
He wasn't on the ballot in 2014.

No, but his policies were, and so were a great many members of his party, whose fortunes are tied, in part, to the public confidence in the standard bearer for the party.

Else, why would he have said that HE got a 'shellacking' after the 2010 mid-terms (he wasn't on the ballot in that one, either, eh)?
Red states simply re-hired Red Senators in 2014.

Not really.

More like the wedge between the Failed Messiah (Obumble) and the American People.
Yep and in 2014 also.
No but his policies were. His own words.
Oh, now you take him at his word.
4i6Ckte.gif

Not really.

Yep and in 2014 also.
No but his policies were. His own words.
Oh, now you take him at his word.
4i6Ckte.gif
Well he was full of shit then too, I mean his policies were awful and he thought they were good. So thanks Obama.

Pelosi is a freaking joke.

She really is.

Her hysteria and stupidity is beyond words!

Pathetic!
I'm starting a fund to let Turkey Neck Nan get that neck smoothed out.

It's almost unbelievable.....she has no manners no courtesy no politeness ...no nothing!

What a bitch!:mad-61:
Nancy showed the other day where her loyalty lies. Not with the country or her constituants but to the party. She's worried about the poorer members of Congress living from paycheck to paycheck.

So you think you’ve got it bad? Try being in Congress. Those poor bastards are practically homeless.

You may not know, or care, that the deadline for continued funding of the Department of Homeland Security is tomorrow. But if something isn’t done immediately, if those miserable Republicans don’t stop being evil, small children and wheelchair-bound grandmothers at airports will be forced to humiliate themselves.

Nancy Pelosi to the rescue:

Hell, Pelosi is so down on her luck these days, she had to burn the Constitution just to keep warm. Also, because she hates it.

Nancy Pelosi Congress Is Living Paycheck To Paycheck The Daily Caller

Pelosi is a freaking joke.

She really is.

Her hysteria and stupidity is beyond words!

Pathetic!
I'm starting a fund to let Turkey Neck Nan get that neck smoothed out.

It's almost unbelievable.....she has no manners no courtesy no politeness ...no nothing!

What a bitch!:mad-61:
Nancy showed the other day where her loyalty lies. Not with the country or her constituants but to the party. She's worried about the poorer members of Congress living from paycheck to paycheck.

So you think you’ve got it bad? Try being in Congress. Those poor bastards are practically homeless.

You may not know, or care, that the deadline for continued funding of the Department of Homeland Security is tomorrow. But if something isn’t done immediately, if those miserable Republicans don’t stop being evil, small children and wheelchair-bound grandmothers at airports will be forced to humiliate themselves.

Nancy Pelosi to the rescue:

Hell, Pelosi is so down on her luck these days, she had to burn the Constitution just to keep warm. Also, because she hates it.

Nancy Pelosi Congress Is Living Paycheck To Paycheck The Daily Caller

yes... like the Clintons....they are broke

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR bloody thieves!:mad-61:

I'd say it just got smaller, if not disappeared entirely - except for the Obamans, but we all know they're just a bunch of foreign policy airheads, and their words are drivel. The notion of referring a bunch of nutjob Obamans as "the US' is one of the most preposterous things I've ever heard.

Netanyahu and Israel's solidarity has never been stronger than after this speech, and Obama's popularity just dropped even further. If he wasn't Black, his support status would probably be less than 10% right now (single digits) I'm guessing the Congress is becoming a lot more popular (among all those people who voted them in - the REAL poll).

Looks like the idiot in the White House is going to continue to ENDANGER the American people, as are Nancy (back-turn) Pelosi, et al gooneybird Democrats, all clueless on foreign policy.

The Congress needs to come up with some way to derail this moronic accomodation to Iran (masquerading as a "deal"), before the idiot-in-chief winds up getting us all killed.

"It was putting Netanyahu on an equal level with the president of the United States," said Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn. "And that was wrong."

Of course it was wrong. The fool on the hill is nowhere near to the level of a REAL head-of-state like Netanyahu. He makes Obama look like a silly little boy, struggling to tie his shoelaces. On foreign policy, compared to Netanyahu, Obama is just being born.

Well, Nancy. That "condescension" is what you get what you appear to NOT HAVE ANY knowledge of the threat posed by Iran.

And that condescension was there for a good reason. Because YOU DESERVE IT.

Rep. John Yarmuth, D-Ky., said the speech was "straight out of the Dick Cheney playbook — fearmongering at its worst."

This is a perfect example of how utterly CLUELESS Democrats are on foreign policy. The party of domestic affairs once again shows off their detachment from reality. Can you believe this idiot calling Netanyahu's awesome speech "fearmongering" ? Wow!

If Iran and it's closeness to getting nuclear weapons, and this assinine accomodation of Iran (massive giveaway), isn't something to greatly fear, what in hell ever would be ? Iran's situation should be the greatest fear the American people have ever had in our entire history. It is a pathway (or paved road, as Netanyahu put it) to the nuclear annihilation of the USA.

Yarmuth is a perfect example of how someone can be elected to Congress, and yet be a complete IDIOT.

She has to placate her anti-semitic base.

How ironic. All of these years, the left wing sacks of shit called republicans nazis.

It has been the demented fucking brain damaged left that have been the nazis the whole time.

The whole time.

The worst ones are the left wing JINOS.

The insidious left showing all of us what we have been saying all along. The fucking left hate Israel.

Hate Israel.

I think it is funny that every last sack of shit left winger are destined for hell.

Yuck it up. You pieces of insidious shit.

Forum List

Back