Pelosi changes deadline for infrastructure bill to Halloween

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
What happened to Pelosi’s power? She cant cobble together this fleecing of the taxpayer…….so move the fuck on.

IT IS RECKLESS TO ADD MONEY AND PULL SUPPLIES FROM THIS ECONOMY. INFLATION IS ABOUT TO GET VERY BAD!

After a week of failed negotiations with no vote on infrastructure or on reconciliation, Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) has announced a new deadline for a House vote on infrastructure. At least she says she does. The new deadline is Sunday, October 31, according to a "Dear Colleague" press release from the speaker's office, as highlighted by Jordan Williams for The Hill.

"The Speaker said she wants to pass the bipartisan bill by Oct. 31, when the 30-day reauthorization of federal highway programs expires. The House passed the extension Friday night amid the Democratic infighting over infrastructure," Williams wrote.

Pelosi is playing politics and not rushing to a bad deal if she doesn’t have to

Question is, why aren’t Republicans on board?
They say they want infrastructure and demand a reduced package

Then they won’t vote for it

You know why they wont vote for it, it was not a bipartisan agreement, it was a cover because they were going to pass all the compromises anyway.

So of course Republicans are not going to vote for it, it was negotiated in bad faith.

You know why they wont vote for it, it was not a bipartisan agreement, it was a cover because they were going to pass all the compromises anyway.

So of course Republicans are not going to vote for it, it was negotiated in bad faith.
It was a bipartisan agreement to cut down the $3 trillion infrastructure bill to a $1.2 trillion pure infrastructure bill

Like with Obamacare, Republicans demand changes and then won’t vote for it when you put them in

These projects are desperately needed in Red States, yet their elected Representatives put Party over their own people

Who cares? Only right wingers are worried about deadlines. Since there won't be any large Republican support for these bills, Democrats can take their time and craft bills that will pass.
Manchin and Sinema have a number (I'm guessing its about 2.2 trillion or so). The progressives will play ball.

It'll get done. All with no Republican support.
Boy, that's not gonna look good in the 2022 campaign ads. :)

Who cares? Only right wingers are worried about deadlines. Since there won't be any large Republican support for these bills, Democrats can take their time and craft bills that will pass.
Manchin and Sinema have a number (I'm guessing its about 2.2 trillion or so). The progressives will play ball.

Let Dems campaign in Red States on how their Republican representative voted against billions of dollars in projects for their state

It was a bipartisan agreement to cut down the $3 trillion infrastructure bill to a $1.2 trillion pure infrastructure bill

Like with Obamacare, Republicans demand changes and then won’t vote for it when you put them in

These projects are desperately needed in Red States, yet their elected Representatives put Party over their own people
How do you know the Republicans won't vote for the bi-partisan $1.2T infrastructure Bill?
I know they won't vote for the "social infrastructure" bill, but I never saw any Republican say they would not vote for the $1.2T Bill.

Please provide a link or you are lying.

Here is a link that proves the $1.2T bill is supported by Republicans, its the democrat progressives that are voting "no" on it until the "$3.5T" bill is included, which will NEVER happen.

Nancy cannot get the votes.

This says alot.

I care.

Why are you asking “Who cares”?

In the mean time my all GOP led state has just increased taxes on the populace for road infrastructure in the form of a higher gas tax and a fee on processing fees for auto's brought from dealers, one reason I stay away from dealers and they increased the cost of tag renewal, so much for smaller less intrusive govt. the GOP propagandizes about.

Because a lot of it isn't infrastructure. If they put up a clean bill that was literally nothing but fixing highways, roadways, bridges, etc. this would have already passed close to unanimously.

In the mean time my all GOP led state has just increased taxes on the populace for road infrastructure in the form of a higher gas tax and a fee on processing fees for auto's brought from dealers, one reason I stay away from dealers and they increased the cost of tag renewal, so much for smaller less intrusive govt. the GOP propagandizes about.
You got a money tree that we don't know about?
Every dollar the government spends comes from taxpayers, or is borrowed for taxpayers.
There is no free money, you should know that Mr. Economist.

Because a lot of it isn't infrastructure. If they put up a clean bill that was literally nothing but fixing highways, roadways, bridges, etc. this would have already passed close to unanimously.
The $1.2T bill IS pure infrastructure, but the dems want their $3.5T "social infrastructure" scam money for the Green New Deal, Nancy's $200,000,000 park fund, free community college, free baby sitting, green cards and freebies for illegals, Solyndra-2, and "affordable housing", aka "projects".

And they did not cut it down. They stuck with the 3 trillion. Like I said, in bad faith. And you are aware of that and you don't care. That is fine. What is moronic is coming here and pretending that is not the case.

A Bill that is longer than half a dozen Stephen King novels and twice as scary. The Halloween date is appropriate.

What happened to Pelosi’s power? She cant cobble together this fleecing of the taxpayer…….so move the fuck on.

IT IS RECKLESS TO ADD MONEY AND PULL SUPPLIES FROM THIS ECONOMY. INFLATION IS ABOUT TO GET VERY BAD!

After a week of failed negotiations with no vote on infrastructure or on reconciliation, Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) has announced a new deadline for a House vote on infrastructure. At least she says she does. The new deadline is Sunday, October 31, according to a "Dear Colleague" press release from the speaker's office, as highlighted by Jordan Williams for The Hill.

"The Speaker said she wants to pass the bipartisan bill by Oct. 31, when the 30-day reauthorization of federal highway programs expires. The House passed the extension Friday night amid the Democratic infighting over infrastructure," Williams wrote.
This drama over the “infrastructure bill” and reconciliation is so funny. Obvious manufactured drama by a bored media. Why does everybody feed into it so much. Who cares when they get it done. It’s a nonissue issue

This drama over the “infrastructure bill” and reconciliation is so funny. Obvious manufactured drama by a bored media. Why does everybody feed into it so much. Who cares when they get it done. It’s a nonissue issue
Because these far reaching, expansive spending bills have real impact. It is not a 'nonissue.'

This is so accurate.

This $5 trillion of spending between these 2 bills is simply a bad decision at this time.

Forum List

Back