Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Stone Temple Pilots

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Back in the day everyone thought they sounded a shitload alike. So with the passage of time, which band do you think is better?

When Core came out and Sex Type Thing was their first single to hit the air I thought they were a lot harder than they turned out to be. I like alot of STP... but they really did become second wave pop grunge. Pearl Jam, sellouts that they became, was a tighter band that actually defined the 90s rather than drifted along it's currents. And I fucking HATE Eddie Vedder and his voice which, by the album after Ten, was mixed louder than it should have been.. as if Eddie were the main gimmick.. Which, in all reality, he was.

This version of Alive was MTVs first taste of PJ. Notice, it's live. Once upon a time PJ insisted that all of their videos would be live like this. In fact, I prefer this version instead of the one that ended up on Ten. But, again, sellouts that they became... Jeremy came along and sucked the wind out of their anti-corporate mantra...
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_LQU2-GOXY[/ame]

STP

Pearl Jam has Ten and nothin' else.

I disagree. If Plush never hit the airwaves no one would know who STP was. Meanwhile, album sales alone, from almost every album, stack PJ above STP.

• Banned
For me it's a tough call, but I went with STP for their body of work.

But I still say Alice in Chains and Nirvana are better than both.

STP

Pearl Jam has Ten and nothin' else.

I disagree. If Plush never hit the airwaves no one would know who STP was. Meanwhile, album sales alone, from almost every album, stack PJ above STP.

I always hated Plush. I like all the other songs.

yea but lots of people did like Plush. and, I'd say, that was the one song that actually launched their career when little garage bands discovered how easy it was to play. I mean, their first single about raping a bitch just didn't really strike a chord with 90s flannel crowds.

I'd say that AIC was, hands down, the best band out of the four mentioned in this thread already. while not as notably popular as the white whale of nirvana and PJ I respect Jerry Cantrell more than anyone else in the lineup. Facelift is probably, in my opinion, the best album of any of the four bands.. followed closely by Dirt.

Nirvana... I still can't listen to anything after Nevermind. Live Nirvana music is like catshit-covered peanut butter wrapped in a Butter Cup package. The best thing to come out of that band was Dave Grohl.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ooHHveEZnM&feature=related[/ame]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_pIGZOq80Lo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_pIGZOq80Lo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​

Music Bank, AIC';s boxed set, is highly recommended.

Alice in Chains factoid: Did you know that Godsmack started out as and AIC tribute band?

I'd say that AIC was, hands down, the best band out of the four mentioned in this thread already. while not as notably popular as the white whale of nirvana and PJ I respect Jerry Cantrell more than anyone else in the lineup. Facelift is probably, in my opinion, the best album of any of the four bands.. followed closely by Dirt.

Nirvana... I still can't listen to anything after Nevermind. Live Nirvana music is like catshit-covered peanut butter wrapped in a Butter Cup package. The best thing to come out of that band was Dave Grohl.

The Foo Fighter are quality shit. Plus their videos are generally hilarious.

Forum List

Back