Peaceful counter-protestors show up to free speech rally and violence erupts.

Trump w/his divisive rhetoric has managed to whip up the citizenry so much that we're against each other throats.
The free speech Trump supporters were not “whipped up”

its was the anti trump crowd who were violent and looking to hurt someone

but I question the thinking of pro trump groups who hold events like this in an insane place like san francisco without expecting and being prepared for violence

like freedom itself, free speech is not free for the asking

sometimes it has to be fought for

"One "counter-protestor" that was interviewed stressed what she believes to be an important message that black Trump supporters in particular must be singled out, confronted and their faces spit in in order to cure them of their "brainwashing".

Dat be wayciss!

Trump w/his divisive rhetoric has managed to whip up the citizenry so much that we're against each other throats.
V
He needs to go.
I understand your comment is based on your anti-Trump sentiments, but your statement has a much wider and more important implication. That individuals, or groups of people, are not responsible for their individual actions. In my playbook, it's not okay to blame others for one's actions. I used to try that as a kid when I'd do something wrong and try to find a good reason to justify my behavior. I learned early on, however, that smart people don't really go for that kind of thing, and it's better all around to just accept being in charge of one's actions...way more honest as well;) If our society devolves into sharing the belief that people are basically incapable of making their own decisions, that it's okay to act out violently in groups when emotionally charged, and if there is a convenient scapegoat to "justify" all actions than by all means do it...our world will be beyond dismal.

If more people begin to subscribe to the idea that we aren't personally responsible for our choices and actions, we'll be taking a huge leap towards anarchism (pick a side, both are in the gutter as they are political extremes). If people avoid taking personal responsibility because they are just reactively angry, and the onlookers accept this, violent protests could soon replace all peaceful ones.

When people begin to think "Well, it's just another day in the neighborhood" when they see groups of people targeting others in order to instill harm in some way so they turn a blind eye saying "Oh, that's just angry protesters destroying property down the street and terrifying my neighbors.... but they can't help it, they lack the ability to control their own actions and it's all the fault of (fill in the blank here with any scapegoat of your choice)." Reminds me of the old saying "the devil made me do it" used as a cop out.

If you really believe what you've texted, and I assume you do, where do you draw the line at blaming others for our own actions, or is this just a Trump type of reactive premise?

This is exactly what happens when you raise children to disrespect the law.
They were raised by bleeding heart liberals who dont believe in any form of discipline, and everyone gets a trophy.

He needs to go.

I got news for you-----I am an old lady. "DIVISIVENESS" in the USA ain't
nuthin new. I watched the complete trashing of the fine city of NEWARK NJ---
midsixties. I watched the complete destruction of new campuses in
New Brunswick and Piscataway, NJ I saw Paterson NJ-----crumble----in the sixties and Jersey City------then-----to top it off I came to NEW YORK---in the mid seventies----
-------moving FORWARD---I spent the year 1991 in----of all places CROWN HEIGHTS ---
watta mess. -------over the next decade I had the great honor of evaluating lots and
lots of young black males ------with gunshot wound to the head. The present mess is just an extension of the disaster that grew in the 1960s. It has nothing to do with Trump and
it has nothing to do with "police brutality" Why blame Trump?----you could, just as
logically, blame the Pope or the new Asteroid BGB or the erstwhile planet---URANUS--now an asteroid. You are USING A LIBEL

Forum List

Back