Pawlenty Drops Out

The media doesn't report on left wing flip floppers? Was I dreaming the Kerry/Bush race?

What exactly is this "liberal media" (myth, myth...yes?) doing to promote Romney?

A Measure of Media Bias

educate yourself, you fool.

You can read a liberal study rationalizing that liberalism is truth and therefore it's not biased to report the news with a constant liberal skew

or

You can watch the news and see the overt liberal agenda.
"watch"? You can only be referring to one network :eusa_whistle: :clap2: :lol:

We all know Minnesota is a liberal state, but it does have a GOP controlled legislature and in last years governor's race, a recount had to be used. This indicates that Minnesota is THAT liberal.
In a Minnesota a June 26th USA/Survey Poll, Pawlenty was in a virtual tie with Obama, where as Bachmann lost to Obama by 14 points.
To a majority of Minnesotans, Bachmann is a joke/embarrassment. Minnesotans know her very well and are very up on her long history of being ,,,,well wacky! All the way from hiding behind a bush watching a Gay Rights event to claiming she was kidnapped by two lesbians (which she pressed charges but the charges were dropped by the police because of Bachmann's ever changing story of the events).
It's very hard to understand why anyone would even consider Bachmann as presidential material. It's just plain crazy.

You know, I typically think you're a moron. But you nailed this one.
Bachmann comes across as a ditz who's learned just enough to name drop. I couldn't imagine her being president.

The media doesn't report on left wing flip floppers? Was I dreaming the Kerry/Bush race?

What exactly is this "liberal media" (myth, myth...yes?) doing to promote Romney?

Gee, have you actually watched any of it. They keep talking about the Android from Kolob in the most glowing terms, like he's the only one with credibility.

Forget he only served one term while Perry served three and T-Paw served two. Nope, Romney is the one with "Gravitas".

Now, much like John McCain, I suspect that this kid glove treatment is going to stop five minutes after he gets the nomination.

Then they'll be doing all sorts of stories about sad ex-AmPad workers and crazy Mormon beliefs.

The case he should have made was that he was a conservative in the state so liberal it gave the country Hubert Humphrey and Walter Mondale, and yet he got elected twice, was able to work across the ailse and get things done, and could win even in a year like 2006 when the GOP brand was toxic.
more like "get rid of the only two people who can debate on the issues". I like the way things are looking from a Left perspective

These are important points. Once again the GOP is shutting down its more reasonable candidates and moving toward a radical extremist, in this case Bachmann. Is the GOP ever going to be interested in participating in sound governance again? At this point it seems not.

I don't think Bachmann will get the nomination, but given how badly the Community Organizer has screwed up the economy, the GOP could run the Cheney/C'Thulhu ticket and win at this point.

As of this date I’ve yet to hear a response from anyone from the right exactly how Obama managed to ‘screw up’ an economy already screwed up when he took office. The December 2007 recession didn’t occur after 2009.

I think Pawlenty is a fool for dropping out. What is it with these candidates who drop out before the race really starts? So he didnt do well in the Straw poll. big freakin deal. McCain didn't either and he still got the nomination and he was in alot worse shape then Pawlenty is.

Good riddance. Anyone who doesn't have the resolve to stay in till the end doesnt deserve to be President. We need a real leader. Not someone who is going to drop out at the first sign that things might not be perfect.

As of this date I’ve yet to hear a response from anyone from the right exactly how Obama managed to ‘screw up’ an economy already screwed up when he took office. The December 2007 recession didn’t occur after 2009.

Not our fault you don't listen or undestand basic economics. burdening the people further doesnt a strong economy build. Try to blame Bush as much as you want, Obama has had 2 2/3 years to fix it and has made it worse. You're blame Bush policy doesnt work when people realize it's been years since Bush has been in office.

I sure hope so. Give Paul the nomination now and spare us the drama.

Pawlenty to Drop GOP Presidential Bid - FoxNews.com

Who didn't see that coming? Even though Pawlenty's team came up with one of best campaign commercials of all time, his campaign never got very far off the ground. He was reduced to tugging at the pant cuffs and skirt of the other candidates to get attention.

...I like Kucinich. (but I have realistic expectations)

I like Mrs. Kucinich. Mr. K? Not so much.

elizabeth-kucinich-1820-20080119-56.jpg

I think Pawlenty is a fool for dropping out. What is it with these candidates who drop out before the race really starts? So he didnt do well in the Straw poll. big freakin deal. McCain didn't either and he still got the nomination and he was in alot worse shape then Pawlenty is.

Good riddance. Anyone who doesn't have the resolve to stay in till the end doesnt deserve to be President. We need a real leader. Not someone who is going to drop out at the first sign that things might not be perfect.

The problem was, Pawlenty was a serious candidate. The fact he came in third place in a straw poll behind two crazy people (who still manage to get elected to Congress) tells the serious donors a serious candidate needs that he doesn't have the legs to go all the way.

His whole strategy was winning Iowa, and Bachmann took that away from him.

McCain, by contrast, never contested Iowa. Those people were still mad at him for ignoring them in 2000 and denouncing the Ethanol Corporate Welfare Plan. So he had no stake in it. Similarly, Perry and Romney fared worse than Pawlenty, but they are going to go on.

Pawlenty bet it all on black and it came up red.

I don't think Bachmann has legs, either. She spent a lot of money and only BARELY edged out Ron Paul. That's going to give people pause.

I don't think Bachmann will get the nomination, but given how badly the Community Organizer has screwed up the economy, the GOP could run the Cheney/C'Thulhu ticket and win at this point.

Well, I would argue his policies of saddling business with a huge new expense in the form of ObamaCare, was without a doubt a factor, as was his war in Libya, which has driven up inflation on energy costs (and by extention, everything else). Running up the debt with stimulus programs didn't help any. His increase in banking regulations have made banks less likely to take risks and make loans.

In short, he found what should have been a short recession and extended the agony. In the past, recessions were usually over in a year or two, and we were back to robust growth- a classic "V" recession like 2001 or 1991.

We are now in the third year of this, all on his watch.

I sure hope so. Give Paul the nomination now and spare us the drama.

Pawlenty to Drop GOP Presidential Bid - FoxNews.com

Who didn't see that coming? Even though Pawlenty's team came up with one of best campaign commercials of all time, his campaign never got very far off the ground. He was reduced to tugging at the pant cuffs and skirt of the other candidates to get attention.

...I like Kucinich. (but I have realistic expectations)

I like Mrs. Kucinich. Mr. K? Not so much.

elizabeth-kucinich-1820-20080119-56.jpg

Mrs K,,,,,,,Whoa! :razz:

If you run Bachman you will seal the history of just how insane this current republican party is and your sound defeat in the next election.

250px-46_Dick_Cheney_3x4.jpg

Cheney

Cthulhu_and_R%2527lyeh.jpg

C'Thulhu

Why vote for the LESSER of two evils?

I'm not sure who is the lesser of two evils in that picture ...

I don't think Bachmann will get the nomination, but given how badly the Community Organizer has screwed up the economy, the GOP could run the Cheney/C'Thulhu ticket and win at this point

I think Romney could lose. He's another free spender in the W, McCain mode. He contradicts himself which unlike when Democrats do it the liberal media will report. And the Left who preach tolerance will once again demonstrate they have none scaring people about a Mormon becoming President. He's getting it relatively light right now from the left and their military wing, the media, specifically because they want him nominated. They even try to help with the innuendo they are afraid most of him. Clearly they are not given how hard they are working to get him nominated.

Romney could lose. As could all the Republican candidates.

This election is going to be about economic competence, not about who is the freest, most conservative candidate. Romney has a huge amount of credibility on the economy. Perry does as well, given that Texas has done well over the past decade. But Perry sort of reminds one of a Texan John Kerry. Ron Paul is certainly unique but he doesn't look nor sound the part, and won't get the nomination.

Too bad. T Paw's remark that Obama is like a (Chicago) manure spreader disseminating in the wind was priceless.

Well, what do I know? I was predicting that Pawlenty would stay in after Ames just hours before he dropped out.

I still think that he had about the chances of Bachmann or Huntsman, and better than Cain, Paul, Gingrich or Santorum, but I guess he made a different valuation about the benefits of staying in the race. He also seems to have been actively running since sometime in 2009, so maybe he's just tired.

I agree. I didn't think he'd win but I didn't expect him to drop out this fast either. I'm guessing there was private polling he faced up to going into Iowa that the results confirmed. He also had the dumbest line in the debate I heard when he chastised Bachman for being a poor leader by not having stopped Obamacare. A member of the House? Please, what a moron.

Pawlenty ran out of money.

Pawlenty ran out of gas and spent his campaign on the Ames poll. Anything short of a win or close second would have made this result happen.

His support is likely to go between Romney, Cain, and maybe a few to Bachmann.

Huntsman is another one that needs to drop out. He tried to be Ronald Reagan giving his entrance speech from the same spot...with different message.

Huntsman tried the 'Civility' route...where Reagan excoriated Carter and where the problem was.

Night versus day. Perhaps he shoulda stayed Obama's Ambassador to China?

Forum List

Back