Paul supporters, what are you going to do....

I'm inclined to agree with you that Obama is less of a risk to get us into Iran than all republican candidates not named Ron Paul. But it's certainly not because anything he said during his candidacy gives me any confidence in that regard.

Yeah.. I'm not getting that at all. Are you just going by the generally more hawkish reputation of Republicans? Obama has us mixed up in all kinds of 'adventures'.

I'm inclined to agree with you that Obama is less of a risk to get us into Iran than all republican candidates not named Ron Paul. But it's certainly not because anything he said during his candidacy gives me any confidence in that regard.

Yeah.. I'm not getting that at all. Are you just going by the generally more hawkish reputation of Republicans? Obama has us mixed up in all kinds of 'adventures'.

Obama has overseen the draw-down in Iraq and is pulling us out of Afghanistan. I suppose you could reference Libya, but he didn't put boots on the ground.

But yeah, I am basing that off of the more hawkish reputation of the GOP and the rhetoric that is starting to come out of the campaigns.

Yes, combined with my subjective application to Iran specifically.

Good post. Thanks.

The only point of contention: I don't think the GOP/DNC keep the third parties down. I think it's a biproduct of our winner takes all election system. Look at a parliamentary system, that encourages power sharing versus ours.

Look at the crazy election laws third party candidates have to go through just to get on the ballot. All those laws were written by Democrats and Republicans.

Which laws?

Ballot access laws come to mind.

You know exactly what I meant in drawing a comparison, but play stupid if you like.:D

No, I really don't. Lay it out for me. I have no idea what you think Hillary supporters did after she lost the primary. I only referenced the PUMA movement, because that is the urban legend I hear the most around here.

Alright, try to follow the bouncing ball....you made a comment about the GOP throwing Paul under the bus, so my comparison was the DNC throwing Hillary under the bus....in spite of that, most Hillary supporters voted for Obama at the end of the day, and I expect most Paul supporters will vote for the GOP nominee. Whether you agree or not, it's really not that complicated.

Well a recent poll shows that only about 50% of Ron Paul supporters will vote for the GOP nominee if it's not Ron Paul. I certainly wouldn't vote for any of the other GOP candidates.

I think you're fooling yourself if you don't think Obama is just as capable of involving us in Iran.

Well, he's been in office for almost three years and hasn't been that hawkish towards Iran at this point. That beings said, given the right scenario, sure; he could turn hawkish. I have my doubts though. A large part of his candidacy was opposing military adventurism.

Obama is your typical politician who will grandstand for AIPAC and the War Party if he sees that his re-election is in jeopardy.

Dr Paul will neither grandstand for AIPAC, the military industrial complex nor for the hawks. Reason the warmonger wing of the GOP hates his guts.

Which laws?

In primaries or generals?

I don't think most third parties have primaries honestly. I know in Ohio you can ask for the Libertarian Party ballot to vote in their primary, but you generally only have one candidate running for the nomination in the races where a Libertarian is running. When it comes to the Presidential primary the LP does a convention rather than a primary election. I think this is all pretty standard for third parties. The real problem is getting on the ballot for the general elections.

For example, back in 2008 both Obama and McCain failed to file to be on the ballot in Texas on time, so the only candidate who legally should have been on the ballot was Bob Barr of the Libertarian Party. Of course he lost his case and both Obama and McCain were on the ballot. Now had this been reversed, and it had been Bob Barr who failed to file on time, do you really think he would have been allowed on the ballot?

In primaries or generals?

I don't think most third parties have primaries honestly. I know in Ohio you can ask for the Libertarian Party ballot to vote in their primary, but you generally only have one candidate running for the nomination in the races where a Libertarian is running. When it comes to the Presidential primary the LP does a convention rather than a primary election. I think this is all pretty standard for third parties. The real problem is getting on the ballot for the general elections.

For example, back in 2008 both Obama and McCain failed to file to be on the ballot in Texas on time, so the only candidate who legally should have been on the ballot was Bob Barr of the Libertarian Party. Of course he lost his case and both Obama and McCain were on the ballot. Now had this been reversed, and it had been Bob Barr who failed to file on time, do you really think he would have been allowed on the ballot?

No. Good point.

when the GOP tosses your boy under the bus again? Because you, me, and everybody else knows it's going to happen. There is simply no way in hell that an isolationist who wants to dismantle the FED is ever going to be given the keys to the GOP kingdom. We all know it.

My question is, as this is Paul's last hurrah, why do you guys even try to find a home in the GOP? Why not just run as a Libertarian. In this election cycle, that might actually work, as people are pissed at both parties. Even if not the case, why keep doing the same thing and expecting different results? From what I can tell of the Paul supporters, they aren't exactly in the bag for the GOP machine either. I mean, they stole your Tea Party idea. No you would think that Michelle Bachman came up with the idea.

Frankly, I just don't get it. Perhaps you can enlighten me.

Congrats on the second place finish behind Bachmann in Iowa. I do respect the groundswell that Paul carries with him.

However, we all know where this is heading.

the gop will put him to sleep, just as the dems tried to put Nader to sleep, though at least nader did have an effect and ran on his own ticket.

they both kill anything in the womb as fast and hard as they can to protect themselves and keep the country one the 2 party hook..... and both have screwed up, nader and perot, both arguably cost them elections.

same here. as to why he won't run as an indy, who knows, I have asked myself that question too...has Paul ever said?

Oh, I wrote in Paul in 08......the best of the worst.

heaven help me and maybe 'us' if I have to do that again this time round.

That's a good comparison, though I think Paul is much more of a candidate then Nadar.

Your post kind of goes to the heart of my OP. Do you think Paul will run on the LP ticket? I don't see why not, he's not going to run for re-election, so he doesn't have to worry about cheesing off his constituents.

No, he won't.

He represents Texas 14, parts of which was hardcore dem. and become/is a mod. Rep. /dem. district of Houston as that district was gerrymandered from parts of Tex 22 since 97, *shrugs*

If he had that kind of fire he would have dropped out from the republican caucus by now, ( were he still could have ostensibly voted with his party but drew a line) ala Saunders or Jeffords and gone truly rogue, more than probably still gotten elected since his views were well known in his district since his reelection over the last 14 years, what 6 times?

ron paul can win, he is electable and he will mop the floor with obama. fox,cnn, and msnbc wont say this though because they are owned, bought, and paid for by the globalists who have an iron grip on america and the world. they know that if ron paul wins, their jig is up and they will be prosecuted and thrown in prison.

Jon Stewart is nailing Fox News for ignoring Ron Paul. It's pretty funny.

I hope it wasn't just Fox. Everyone essentially ignored him after Ames.

It was mostly Fox pundits, but that was mostly because they were the ones who covered the Ames Straw Poll and moderated the debates. You can find the clip here:

Jon Stewart: Media 'Pretending Ron Paul Doesn't Exist' In GOP Race (VIDEO)

That's a great video thanks for posting it.

I hope it wasn't just Fox. Everyone essentially ignored him after Ames.

It was mostly Fox pundits, but that was mostly because they were the ones who covered the Ames Straw Poll and moderated the debates. You can find the clip here:

Actually, upon re-watching it; it was all the news outlets. Fox, CNN, CBS, MSNBC. I guess I focused more on Fox due to their coverage of the the Ames debate and the opening bit. But clearly, all of the media outlets are not taking Paul seriously.

Paul is doing fantastic. He just came out of Iowa in a close second all while handing Sanatorium his ass over foreign policy.

Paul's message of liberty, limited government, looking at the Fed, and changing our foreign policy is catching on as people slowly awake from their slumber.

LOL, the Iowa straw poll is all about who can bus in the most people. Paul has the most loyal, but very small, band of supporters! See, with Paul, you either love the man with a sick passion that would scare small children, or you think the man is a radical dope!

He will do good in things like this, since usu only very dedicated people show us and its really a tiny crowd, when compared to a state. However, when it comes to appealing to a full state, count out 95% of the voters right off the bat.

Actually, upon re-watching it; it was all the news outlets. Fox, CNN, CBS, MSNBC. I guess I focused more on Fox due to their coverage of the the Ames debate and the opening bit. But clearly, all of the media outlets are not taking Paul seriously.

Verifies my earlier post stating that Ron Paul would be a lot further than he is now if the media did not ignore him.

When is Paul going to stop wasting his supporters money and just give up?........The man doesn't have a chance of ever being elected, and that's a fact.

Same goes for Bachmann

Forum List

Back