Patriots Super Bowl ring

The saying around New England goes something like this...

They only hate us...because they ain't us!

Stop your whining about cheating and go get yourselves coaches that work hard and players that play hard. As the second half of the AFC Championship game and the Super Bowl proved...the Patriots don't need to "cheat" to win.
The pats were not the best team in the league. They were the best cheaters. Sure they won the super bowl, sure they were better than the other team in that game, but the only reason they got to the super-bowl in the first place is because they got away with cheating the better teams.

You know...that claim might be valid if the Patriots hadn't crushed the Colts in the second half of their playoff game playing with conforming footballs. Are you making the claim that the Patriots "cheated" the Ravens the week before that? Because even John Harbaugh came out and admitted that nothing the Patriots did was illegal...it was simply something the Ravens weren't ready for and didn't respond well to. You'll have to explain how it is you think the Patriots "cheated" the Seahawks. It was a great game between two great teams and the Patriots won on a fantastic play at the finish.
How about if we just talk about every close game the Patriots had this year. You know the ones where the advantage would have made a significant difference. This not to even involve discussions regarding momentum of small victories have to the overall games, given that most games are tossups decided based on said momentum.

Out of curiosity, do you care about things like this for any team, or is it just when the Patriots supposedly do it?
It's a sport. Cheating in sports is to be lambasted, not defended.

Before you "lambaste"...don't you think you should first prove that someone actually cheated? You haven't done so in any way at all...yet you still seem to feel that it's OK to find the Patriots guilty without doing so.
Your accusations are all so vague, RKM...is that on purpose?

The pats were not the best team in the league. They were the best cheaters. Sure they won the super bowl, sure they were better than the other team in that game, but the only reason they got to the super-bowl in the first place is because they got away with cheating the better teams.

You know...that claim might be valid if the Patriots hadn't crushed the Colts in the second half of their playoff game playing with conforming footballs. Are you making the claim that the Patriots "cheated" the Ravens the week before that? Because even John Harbaugh came out and admitted that nothing the Patriots did was illegal...it was simply something the Ravens weren't ready for and didn't respond well to. You'll have to explain how it is you think the Patriots "cheated" the Seahawks. It was a great game between two great teams and the Patriots won on a fantastic play at the finish.
How about if we just talk about every close game the Patriots had this year. You know the ones where the advantage would have made a significant difference. This not to even involve discussions regarding momentum of small victories have to the overall games, given that most games are tossups decided based on said momentum.

Out of curiosity, do you care about things like this for any team, or is it just when the Patriots supposedly do it?

I'm not sure there's a team in the league with a clean house and I'm not really sure why anything the Patriots have done is so much worse than anyone else.

Broncos? Cheated the salary cap and got caught illegally filming opponents
Panthers? Illegally tampered with game balls by heating them up on the sideline this past season
Seahawks? PEDs
Falcons? Illegally pumped in crowd noise, again, this past season
Dolphins? Tampering
Ravens? Deer antler spray
Steelers? Tomlin tripped Jacoby Jones on a kickoff return, on purpose. Oh, and steroids.
Buffalo? Steroids
Colts? PEDs, also allegedly pumped crowd noise into the RCA Dome during the 2006 AFC Championship
Browns - TextGate
Saints - BountyGate
Redskins - salary cap violations and PEDs
Cowboys - salary cap violations
Jets? This is the best one. Spygate was Mangini's revenge because the Patriots threw a JETS EMPLOYEE out of their stadium for doing the EXACT. SAME. THING.

Etc etc etc goddamn etc ad nauseam.
Overpaying employees and "tampering" with coaches by negotiating with them to get them to move to another franchise are league rules not game rules. Breaking a league rule is not the same breaking a rule on the field. Though apparently the league prosecutes one more than the other.

The saying around New England goes something like this...

They only hate us...because they ain't us!

Stop your whining about cheating and go get yourselves coaches that work hard and players that play hard. As the second half of the AFC Championship game and the Super Bowl proved...the Patriots don't need to "cheat" to win.

amen to that.:thup:

I call for carrol,belicheat and former raiders coach bill callahand to be put behind bars for cheating ans throwing games.Belicheat doesnt throw games but carrol and callahan obviously do.

You people tell yourselves whatever it is you have to :blowup:, to justify that league's existence :boohoo:

Still can't name your team, can you Dottie? Too funny...
reading is not your strong suit I see chigger boi.

I just condemned the whole league of cheaters &/or wife-beaters and their apologists (the commissioner) Gawd but you Football-watchers are dupes.:banghead:

amen to that.after watching carrol throw the seahawks game,I can now acknowledge how i have been duped by the NFL all these years. i wont be watching anymore superbowls for years to come.

You people tell yourselves whatever it is you have to :blowup:, to justify that league's existence :boohoo:

Still can't name your team, can you Dottie? Too funny...
reading is not your strong suit I see chigger boi.

I just condemned the whole league of cheaters &/or wife-beaters and their apologists (the commissioner) Gawd but you Football-watchers are dupes.:banghead:

amen to that.after watching carrol throw the seahawks game,I can now acknowledge how i have been duped by the NFL all these years. i wont be watching anymore superbowls for years to come.

Yeah, you can tell that Carroll was trying to lose that game by the "I just got punched in the gut" reaction he has when Butler makes the interception! Nobody "threw" that game...somebody made an incredible play. If you can't come to terms with that you probably SHOULDN'T watch sports period!

whatevs clown boi.

Back to your important discussion about your infatuation w/ grown men running around on AstroTurf :gay:

whatevs clown boi.

Back to your important discussion about your infatuation w/ grown men running around on AstroTurf :gay:

I readily admit that I'm a fan of football. I also readily admit that I'm a longtime fan of the New England Patriots. You on the other hand can't admit who you root for because I assume you realize it will make you look like the whiny little whiner that you actually ARE!

I'm not sure there's a team in the league with a clean house and I'm not really sure why anything the Patriots have done is so much worse than anyone else.

Panthers? Illegally tampered with game balls by heating them up on the sideline this past season
Seahawks? PEDs
Dolphins? Tampering
Steelers? Tomlin tripped Jacoby Jones on a kickoff return, on purpose. Oh, and steroids.
Buffalo? Steroids
Colts? PEDs, also allegedly pumped crowd noise into the RCA Dome during the 2006 AFC Championship
Browns - TextGate
Saints - BountyGate
Jets? This is the best one. Spygate was Mangini's revenge because the Patriots threw a JETS EMPLOYEE out of their stadium for doing the EXACT. SAME. THING.

Overpaying employees and "tampering" with coaches by negotiating with them to get them to move to another franchise are league rules not game rules. Breaking a league rule is not the same breaking a rule on the field. Though apparently the league prosecutes one more than the other.

Are you saying that breaking league rules or game rules are the more egregious of the two?

Their rings will be fashioned after this

thumb.aspx

RKM seems to think that a team who breaks salary cap rules enabling them to put a player on the field who otherwise wouldn't be there, is somehow less guilty of breaking the rules then a team who videotapes their opponents from the sidelines instead of from a fixed position above the field. It's a tough sell...

RKM seems to think that a team who breaks salary cap rules enabling them to put a player on the field who otherwise wouldn't be there, is somehow less guilty of breaking the rules then a team who videotapes their opponents from the sidelines instead of from a fixed position above the field. It's a tough sell...

That's why I asked for clarification. Because Spygate was about a league rule...

Their rings will be fashioned after this

thumb.aspx

this is a great post that should be advertised to their AFC east rivals,when they go on the road,those fans can hold those up with signs saying superbowl rings.lol.

That's about as close to a ring as the Patriot's AFC East rivals are going to get any time soon...just saying...

Seahawks? PEDs
Dolphins? Tampering
Buffalo? Steroids
Browns - TextGate
Saints - BountyGate

Are you saying that breaking league rules or game rules are the more egregious of the two?
I'm saying negotiating with potential employee to offer him a job, is not the same as using stickem or bleeding air from a ball to improve the passing game.

If you can't tell the difference between a rule designed to make employees slaves of a team and a rule regarding on the field play.. yeah well here's your sign.

That's why I asked for clarification. Because Spygate was about a league rule...
HUH? they were using tech to get the play calls... WTF are you talking about?

Yes a rule designed to limit the amount of MONEY A MAN MAKES FOR A LIVING. Is not the same as a rule regarding on the field play.

Forum List

Back