Patriots Super Bowl ring

RKM seems to think that a team who breaks salary cap rules enabling them to put a player on the field who otherwise wouldn't be there, is somehow less guilty of breaking the rules then a team who videotapes their opponents from the sidelines instead of from a fixed position above the field. It's a tough sell...

That's why I asked for clarification. Because Spygate was about a league rule...
HUH? they were using tech to get the play calls... WTF are you talking about?

Yes a rule designed to limit the amount of MONEY A MAN MAKES FOR A LIVING. Is not the same as a rule regarding on the field play.

The salary cap is about trying to keep parity in the game...so that rich big market teams can't scoop up all the high cost free agents. So when a team violates salary cap rules how are they not cheating the system that's been set up? In my estimation that's a much bigger violation of the rules then videotaping from an unapproved position as opposed to an approved position.

RKM seems to think that a team who breaks salary cap rules enabling them to put a player on the field who otherwise wouldn't be there, is somehow less guilty of breaking the rules then a team who videotapes their opponents from the sidelines instead of from a fixed position above the field. It's a tough sell...

That's why I asked for clarification. Because Spygate was about a league rule...

Yes a rule designed to limit the amount of MONEY A MAN MAKES FOR A LIVING. Is not the same as a rule regarding on the field play.

The salary cap is about trying to keep parity in the game...so that rich big market teams can't scoop up all the high cost free agents. So when a team violates salary cap rules how are they not cheating the system that's been set up? In my estimation that's a much bigger violation of the rules then videotaping from an unapproved position as opposed to an approved position.
BS. The rule is to artificially limit the amount of pay the owners have to shovel out. How'd you like to have your salary capped by a monopoly on your profession? Parity my ass.

As for the video taping thing... yeah and the nixon tapes were just innocent guys taping from an unapproved location as opposed to an approved location. ROFL

And calling players making millions a year "slaves" of teams is an amusing concept, RKM.
You or someone else referenced collusion. For example, like back when the dolphins negotiated to hire Shula. Pretty sure Shula was only making thousands not millions.

When a player or coach is "locked" into working for a team or not working at all in their profession by a monopoly... hell yes that's a form of enslavement.

And calling players making millions a year "slaves" of teams is an amusing concept, RKM.

They all suffer from delusional hatred. :cuckoo: Bunch of nutters. Lol.

B7_CuIfCUAA348S.jpg

every one of the pats AFC titles and superbowl wins in the Belicheat era,need to have asterisks next to them.their first superbowl win beyond a doubt needs to have on just as much as this last one the fact they benefitted from the bullshit tuck rule,easily the worst call in any playoff game ever in NFL history.

Had that game been in Oakland,no way in hell would those refs have been cowards and invented that bullshit rule,they were just afraid of getting out of boston alive had they made the correct call that it was a fumble.

BS. The rule is to artificially limit the amount of pay the owners have to shovel out. How'd you like to have your salary capped by a monopoly on your profession? Parity my ass.

As for the video taping thing... yeah and the nixon tapes were just innocent guys taping from an unapproved location as opposed to an approved location. ROFL

I would LOVE to have my salary "capped" at the level of the average NFL player! I would also LOVE to have a guaranteed contract where I got paid no matter how badly I performed! If that is your definition of "'slavery" then sign me up!

I have no idea what your reference to the Nixon tapes have to do with the NFL rules on taping. Do you? The fact of the matter is that the NFL rules border on the absurd when you CAN take as many still pictures of an opponent's side line from where ever you care to shoot from as you want...but you aren't allowed to record with a video camera, unless it's from a certain location.

every one of the pats AFC titles and superbowl wins in the Belicheat era,need to have asterisks next to them.their first superbowl win beyond a doubt needs to have on just as much as this last one the fact they benefitted from the bullshit tuck rule,easily the worst call in any playoff game ever in NFL history.

Had that game been in Oakland,no way in hell would those refs have been cowards and invented that bullshit rule,they were just afraid of getting out of boston alive had they made the correct call that it was a fumble.

So now you're claiming the refs "invented" the tuck rule so that they could placate the New England fans? You're not all that bright...are you?

Oh, and just so you know...Foxboro Stadium is nowhere near Boston! It's actually rather close to Rhode Island's border.

Last edited:
You or someone else referenced collusion. For example, like back when the dolphins negotiated to hire Shula. Pretty sure Shula was only making thousands not millions.

When a player or coach is "locked" into working for a team or not working at all in their profession by a monopoly... hell yes that's a form of enslavement.

Players and coaches sign multi-million dollar guaranteed contracts to be "locked" into working for a team. I hear very few coaches complaining about how they being "enslaved". I WISH I had a job where if I was terrible and got let go...my employers would still have to pay me the balance of a multi-million dollar contract while I hit the golf course!

So now you're claiming the refs "invented" the tuck rule so that they could placate the New England fans? You're not all that bright...are you?

Oh, and just so you know...Foxboro Stadium is nowhere near Boston! It's actually rather close to Rhode Island's border.

Has 9/11 ever seemed particularly intelligent to you? Pretty amazing how those refs invented the tuck rule right then and there...even though it was called AGAINST the Patriots when they played the Jets earlier that exact. same. season.

One thing I've found that seems to apply pretty much across the board is that the more dedicated a Patriot hater a person is, the less rational they become. Completely driven by emotions over facts, and generally not that intelligent.

For example: I watched the Super Bowl sitting next to a group of Seahawks "fans" (only one of them seemed legit to me, hence the quotes). There was one guy in particular who was unbearably obnoxious. Every time the Patriots scored he started a "cheaters" chant. However, we had the following arguments:

Him: the Patriots are cheaters!!
Me: sure you should be throwing stones when you're rooting for the Seahawks? With Carroll as the coach and the PED use?
Him: what are PEDs? And Carroll doesn't matter because he cheated in college and he's never been caught in the NFL.

Him: no other team in the NFL has been caught and fined for cheating in the past 10 years! Just the Patriots!
Me: the Broncos were fined for videotaping from the sideline in 2010.
Him: I don't think so.
Me: here's the article that says so
Him: I don't care about any article, I don't believe that that happened.

Sadly, this level of idiocy is not rare when discussing the Pats. This thread is basically proof of that.

Has 9/11 ever seemed particularly intelligent to you? Pretty amazing how those refs invented the tuck rule right then and there...even though it was called AGAINST the Patriots when they played the Jets earlier that exact. same. season.

One thing I've found that seems to apply pretty much across the board is that the more dedicated a Patriot hater a person is, the less rational they become. Completely driven by emotions over facts, and generally not that intelligent.

For example: I watched the Super Bowl sitting next to a group of Seahawks "fans" (only one of them seemed legit to me, hence the quotes). There was one guy in particular who was unbearably obnoxious. Every time the Patriots scored he started a "cheaters" chant. However, we had the following arguments:

Him: the Patriots are cheaters!!
Me: sure you should be throwing stones when you're rooting for the Seahawks? With Carroll as the coach and the PED use?
Him: what are PEDs? And Carroll doesn't matter because he cheated in college and he's never been caught in the NFL.

Him: no other team in the NFL has been caught and fined for cheating in the past 10 years! Just the Patriots!
Me: the Broncos were fined for videotaping from the sideline in 2010.
Him: I don't think so.
Me: here's the article that says so
Him: I don't care about any article, I don't believe that that happened.

Sadly, this level of idiocy is not rare when discussing the Pats. This thread is basically proof of that.

Well, when you're starting a discussion with someone who REALLY thinks that 9/11 was an "inside job" then you shouldn't be shocked that they're not the sharpest tool in the shed! :rolleyes-41:

cheating, wife beating and you people are still "fans" :eusa_doh: Color me surprised :doubt:

Professional sports has the same "issues" as society, Sparky. Deal with it!

So did you want to spill the beans about what team YOU'RE a fan of? Or are you still hoping to avoid answering that question?

Players and coaches sign multi-million dollar guaranteed contracts to be "locked" into working for a team. I hear very few coaches complaining about how they being "enslaved". I WISH I had a job where if I was terrible and got let go...my employers would still have to pay me the balance of a multi-million dollar contract while I hit the golf course!
Not all coaches get millions... but they do like to force all coaches to sign contracts. Apparently you are good with monopolies so long as you get paid well. What about monopolies that screw people by paying them minimum wages? You good with that too? I mean, essentially you have agreed that you want everyone to be a slut slave and we are just negotiating the amount that is sufficient to make you get on your knees right?

Not all coaches get millions... but they do like to force all coaches to sign contracts. Apparently you are good with monopolies so long as you get paid well. What about monopolies that screw people by paying them minimum wages? You good with that too? I mean, essentially you have agreed that you want everyone to be a slut slave and we are just negotiating the amount that is sufficient to make you get on your knees right?

What NFL coach do know that's NOT getting millions?

What NFL coach, player or even staff member is getting screwed with minimum wages?

You don't even have a point to argue at this juncture...do you? You're just trying to bluster your way out of this ridiculous stance you've taken that people in the National Football League are "slaves".

What NFL coach do know that's NOT getting millions?

What NFL coach, player or even staff member is getting screwed with minimum wages?

You don't even have a point to argue at this juncture...do you? You're just trying to bluster your way out of this ridiculous stance you've taken that people in the National Football League are "slaves".
Every team has dozens of coaches. Most don't make that much money. For example, Bill Belichick made $50 per week as an NFL assistant coach in 1970.

Forum List

Back