Pat Toomey: Background Checks Died Because GOP Didn't Want To Help Obama

By Amanda Terkel

Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) revealed that some members of his party opposed expanding background checks for gun sales recently because they didn't want to "be seen helping the president."

Two weeks ago, only three Republican senators voted for the bipartisan background checks amendment sponsored by Toomey and Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), despite overwhelming popular support for such a measure.

"In the end it didn’t pass because we're so politicized. There were some on my side who did not want to be seen helping the president do something he wanted to get done, just because the president wanted to do it,” Toomey admitted on Tuesday in an interview with Digital First Media editors in the offices of the Times Herald newspaper in Norristown, Pa.

More: Pat Toomey: Background Checks Died Because GOP Didn't Want To Help Obama

90 percent of Americans want expanded background checks on guns. Why isn't this a political slam dunk?

Even after watering it down they still wouldn't vote for it. So sad. So un-American. Four Democrats should also live in shame - and be voted out of office.

Then tell your pussy Leftytoon overlords to step up and address the actual problem. Until you do that you are ok with people dying for the sake of politicization.

Tax laws don't prevent all tax cheating.

Speeding laws don't prevent all speeding.

Pollution laws don't prevent all pollution.

But they help...

Need a tissue?

Yes, and many more caskets for future gun violence victims.

:Boom2:

Nice...................they talk about gun violence victims and you then provide an automatic cannon.

You really don't care that people die from gun violence, do you? I bet that for you (and just asking a question like the GOP does), you don't really care who dies, as long as it's not someone from your family, eh?

Yes, and many more caskets for future gun violence victims.

:Boom2:

Nice...................they talk about gun violence victims and you then provide an automatic cannon.

You really don't care that people die from gun violence, do you? I bet that for you (and just asking a question like the GOP does), you don't really care who dies, as long as it's not someone from your family, eh?

how do you care? We have victums rights groups in this country, because of liberals loving the criminals......why do you get upset with the weapon and not the killers?

The legislation sputtered, farted, and fell down, because Americans from across the political spectrum gave their Representatives more than a couple of ears full.

I know quite a few Democrats personally (relatively speaking, of course); and not a single one of them supports new anti-gun legislation of any kind.

Take off the donkey-colored blinders, Lakhota, and stop believing every propagandist poll that supports your myopia.

how do you care? We have victums rights groups in this country, because of liberals loving the criminals......why do you get upset with the weapon and not the killers?

Actually.......................I DO get upset with the killers.

Why else would someone like me (and 90 percent of the American population) support background checks on gun sales?

I don't want some idiot who is insane having a weapon.

The legislation sputtered, farted, and fell down, because Americans from across the political spectrum gave their Representatives more than a couple of ears full.

I know quite a few Democrats personally (relatively speaking, of course); and not a single one of them supports new anti-gun legislation of any kind.

Take off the donkey-colored blinders, Lakhota, and stop believing every propagandist poll that supports your myopia.

I happen to be a lefty gun nut - and I and almost all my gun/hunting friends agree with UNIVERSAL BACKGROUND CHECKS.

I happen to be a lefty gun nut - and I and almost all my gun/hunting friends agree with UNIVERSAL BACKGROUND CHECKS.

Good for you.

Try stepping off the reservation once in awhile.

J/K

Good for you.

J/K

Why are you a racist?

Why else would someone like me (and 90 percent of the American population) support background checks on gun sales?

Yeah except that's BS. If you do care then stop parroting Piers Morgan and tell your senators to address the real problem.

Yeah except that's BS. If you do care then stop parroting Piers Morgan and tell your senators to address the real problem.

I don't watch CNN. They're a bunch of idiots.

The real problem is that we have too many guns that are accessible to people who are idiots or who are insane.

And....................they always seem to find the semi-automatic weapons.

Good for you.

J/K

Why are you a racist?

Yeah, that must be it.

Take the admission under advisement, though; I learned a long time ago to never dignify a stupidly played race card with a legitimate defense.

Have a nice day.

Yeah yeah scary rifles. You don't parrot anyone. Like I said you don't care about the real problem.

Forum List

Back