Pat Toomey: Background Checks Died Because GOP Didn't Want To Help Obama

It's all about 2014.

Do you think a bill would have reached the president even if the Senate would have had an up/down vote on that amendment? Was the House prepared to pass a simular bill?

Why didn't Democrat Senators up for reelection vote for the bill?

WTF

If all the dems voted for it, it would have passed. Obozo could not even rally his own party to vote for his bullshit bill. wonder why.

I think the "up for reelection" thing might provide a clue -- which is super strange considering the widely reported *fact that 90% of Americans supported the legislation.

(*in the strictly non-factual sense of the word)

Nice to see that the vote on this bill was made public.

Interestingly enough, did you know that quite a few of those that voted against gun regulation are dropping rapidly in the polls?

Interestingly enough, did you know that quite a few of those that voted against gun regulation are dropping rapidly in the polls?

And you think it's because of their vote or could it be something else?

Actually, it's because of their vote, since many of them that voted against the background checks have seen their popularity drop several points.

Might wanna look up the guy who said he's below pond scum sometime..............and yeah........he said it was because of the way he voted on the background checks.

Actually, it's because of their vote, since many of them that voted against the background checks have seen their popularity drop several points.

Might wanna look up the guy who said he's below pond scum sometime..............and yeah........he said it was because of the way he voted on the background checks.

I think you're full of shit

Didn't McCain vote for the background check bill? Yes I think he did.

PHOENIX -- A new poll revealed that support for Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) in Arizona has dropped to its lowest numbers in 21 years, while Gov. Jan Brewer's approval rose among registered Republicans, but fell overall.

McCain's approval ratings fall to new low in Arizona - Phoenix News - KTAR.com

PHOENIX -- A new poll revealed that support for Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) in Arizona has dropped to its lowest numbers in 21 years, while Gov. Jan Brewer's approval rose among registered Republicans, but fell overall.

Cool.................you're a one trick pony trying to prove a point that is wrong with one point that you've cherry picked....................

Gun control: NH Sen. Ayotte faces backlash for vote

That's the one that shows Kelly Ayotte is losing political points.

And here's a link that shows that Jeff Flake himself said he's lower than pond scum because of his vote, as well as shows others who have lost points because of their vote against gun registration..................

The Note: Gun Control?s Spring Awakening - ABC News

Oh yeah.....................btw Little Retarded Rebecca...................the new gun control legislation that was voted down by idiots in the GOP (as well as the 4 in the Democratic party) already said that it would be illegal to create a gun registration database.

Ya wanna neg me again because you thought I lied? Look it up for yourself ya fucking moron.

Oh yeah.....................I'm retired, but you said you're still working a job.................I can sleep until whatever hour I want (I'm retired), but why the fuck are you still up at 2:39 CST?

Are you a nocturnal plumber, or just really bad at your job?

Cool.................you're a one trick pony trying to prove a point that is wrong with one point that you've cherry picked....................

And here's a link that shows that Jeff Flake himself said he's lower than pond scum because of his vote, as well as shows others who have lost points because of their vote against gun registration..................

Oh yeah.....................btw Little Retarded Rebecca...................the new gun control legislation that was voted down by idiots in the GOP (as well as the 4 in the Democratic party) already said that it would be illegal to create a gun registration database.

Ya wanna neg me again because you thought I lied? Look it up for yourself ya fucking moron.

Oh yeah.....................I'm retired, but you said you're still working a job.................I can sleep until whatever hour I want (I'm retired), but why the fuck are you still up at 2:39 CST?

If your link had any truth to it "because of his vote for the gun control bill" why hasn't the people of New Hampshire pushed their state legislature for more gun control. After all New Hampshire is a state with hardly any gun control.

If your link had any truth to it "because of his vote for the gun control bill" why hasn't the people of New Hampshire pushed their state legislature for more gun control. After all New Hampshire is a state with hardly any gun control.

They're fixing to do it..................trust me.................Ayotte is finished as a politician.

They're fixing to do it..................trust me.................Ayotte is finished as a politician.

They are? When should we start looking for this legislation?

Toomey is beginning to get the hang of being a Senator from a purple state. He must want the job for awhile.

I am a native West Virginian who has moved between there and Pennsylvania my entire life. Manchin has always been a moderate Democrat, but Toomey is a tool. He is definitely only pandering to Pennsylvanians to keep his job.

Pandering is a word people often use when they don't like a politician representing a certain point of view held overwhelmingly by his constituents.
Toomey is very bad on a lot of issues. I'm not going to let his flash of sanity and reason change my general opinion of him.

Gun Control died because the GOP is okay with more Newtowns, Auroras, VA Techs, Columbines, and the list will no doubt grow over time. The GOP/NRA will have more blood on their hands.

You're full of shit to think that.

And FYI: Columbine happened while the Assault Weapons Ban was in effect.

Forum List

Back