Pat Toomey: Background Checks Died Because GOP Didn't Want To Help Obama

From Lakhota's latest propagandist article:

[...]That’s right, you are reading it correctly: Almost half (44 percent) of all self-described Republican voters say they believe “an armed revolution might be necessary to protect our liberties.” Just as bad, more Republicans believe an armed revolution might be necessary than believe one isn’t necessary. [emphasis added]

What a coincidence, so did 100% of the founding fathers.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

Of course, believing that an armed revolution might one day be necessary, and believing that one is currently necessary, are two entirely different animals; and I'm guessing the writer of that stupid article knows it.

Amazing to see a repubican admit to the reason for "NO" votes.

Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) revealed that some members of his party opposed expanding background checks for gun sales recently because they didn't want to "be seen helping the president."

Two weeks ago, only three Republican senators voted for the bipartisan background checks amendment sponsored by Toomey and Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), despite overwhelming popular support for such a measure.

"In the end it didn’t pass because we're so politicized. There were some on my side who did not want to be seen helping the president do something he wanted to get done, just because the president wanted to do it,” Toomey admitted on Tuesday in an interview with Digital First Media editors in the offices of the Times Herald newspaper in Norristown, Pa.
<more>

he'll be gone.

By Amanda Terkel

Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) revealed that some members of his party opposed expanding background checks for gun sales recently because they didn't want to "be seen helping the president."

Two weeks ago, only three Republican senators voted for the bipartisan background checks amendment sponsored by Toomey and Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), despite overwhelming popular support for such a measure.

"In the end it didn’t pass because we're so politicized. There were some on my side who did not want to be seen helping the president do something he wanted to get done, just because the president wanted to do it,” Toomey admitted on Tuesday in an interview with Digital First Media editors in the offices of the Times Herald newspaper in Norristown, Pa.

More: Pat Toomey: Background Checks Died Because GOP Didn't Want To Help Obama

90 percent of Americans want expanded background checks on guns. Why isn't this a political slam dunk?

Even after watering it down they still wouldn't vote for it. So sad. So un-American. Four Democrats should also live in shame - and be voted out of office.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/7176821-post1.html

<more>

he'll be gone.

Fuck em. I want them all gone. Each and every one of these men are poisonous to our nation.

Don't forget to bring your "muskets"...

2423835942_b7e04659a8.jpg

Actually.......................I DO get upset with the killers.

Why else would someone like me (and 90 percent of the American population) support background checks on gun sales?

Yeah except that's BS. If you do care then stop parroting Piers Morgan and tell your senators to address the real problem.

I don't watch CNN. They're a bunch of idiots.

The real problem is that we have too many guns that are accessible to people who are idiots or who are insane.

And....................they always seem to find the semi-automatic weapons.
It's bull shit to claim 90% for anything when most Americans don't think gun control is important.

Gallup: Only 4% of Americans Think Gun Control is an Important Problem | CNS News

Gun Control died because the GOP is okay with more Newtowns, Auroras, VA Techs, Columbines, and the list will no doubt grow over time. The GOP/NRA will have more blood on their hands.

yeah, and liberals will defend the assholes that did those and want them out on good behavior or because they wrote a book or some shit

Gun Control died because the GOP is okay with more Newtowns, Auroras, VA Techs, Columbines, and the list will no doubt grow over time. The GOP/NRA will have more blood on their hands.

Because of their support for disarming Americans, gun control supporters have plenty of bloody hands

<more>

No, Pat Toomey is wrong. Background checks already exist...you cant buy a gun from a dealer, show or online without a FBI background check before picking up the weapon...the states already took care of that issue.

What killed the bill was all the BS restrictions / regulations & outright banning of weapons they were attempting to place on law abiding citizens.

The bill failed because it was a steaming pile of horse squeeze and no other reason.

What is there? FOUR OR FIVE threads on this?

so damn what if that is the case..Obama is a lame duck now and you Obamabots better understand that...He isn't going to able to thug his way over people this term

Nice...................they talk about gun violence victims and you then provide an automatic cannon.

You really don't care that people die from gun violence, do you? I bet that for you (and just asking a question like the GOP does), you don't really care who dies, as long as it's not someone from your family, eh?

how do you care? We have victums rights groups in this country, because of liberals loving the criminals......why do you get upset with the weapon and not the killers?

If they were serious about addressing gun violence, they would favor stronger consequences for serial and cop killers with the death penalty. However they would rather coddle the criminal with protecting THEIR lives, while imposing stricter gun laws that more often effect "law abiding" citizens.

Often I feel if you oppose the death penalty on criminals found guilty through strong DNA evidence in a court of law, then you are respecting the life of a criminal as considerably more important than the protection of a cop or state trooper. This is where the left's implied tissue-box belief that they "value" human life is more "ideological" than of any real concern, when the life of a cop truly pales in comparison to the protection of the criminal. How about we instill stronger penalties on criminals with the gun laws we DO have, instead of painting with such a broad brush MORE laws towards all gun owners for the sake of appearing compassionate to the victims. It is the criminal, after all, that could care less how many gun laws you pass... they never go out of their way to a abide by them anyways. It's as though the left believes having a world of "honest criminals" will make this nation safer. They truly don't get it.

Why did democrats vote against this insane law? They don't want to help obama either????

Forum List

Back