Pass this Bill!!

Greenspan yesterday: "If it takes raising the deficit to produce jobs, do it!"

Even though I agree with that prescription, this is a pretty bad appeal to authority. It's also an authority who has admitted to being one of the primary causes of the housing bubble that burst (by leaving interest rates too low for too long).

I might be tempted to support that if the proposal might produce jobs, but it just a smaller version of the Failed Stimulus and will result only additional corruption, additional postponment of union jobs cut due to poor management and additional waste of money that is needed elsewhere.

Where was the rpoposal to reduce government spending because they are the only entity in the world that is growing and that is only because the are doing less with more.

So, as far as creating jobs, what exactly is the GOP solution?
An earlier post of mine clearly showed that cutting taxes, cutting/eliminating Capital Gains didn't work during the last decade. All that resulted from that was large profits, great dividends and capital gains, with virtually no job creation, except overseas.
So what new approach?

Thanks for all the irrelevant claptrap, dittoheads- When the actual bill is presented as given already, what do you think? (if you can) Is it time for bought off greedy Pubs to compromise, stop the ideological BS, pandering to the greedy rich, fear mongering a relatively nondangerous debt, and do something about jobs, jobs, jobs?

Push it through, shove it through, waaaay through!

jakecheerleadercopy.jpg

Thanks for all the BS talking points, brainwashed dittohead/Foxbot/pub dupes, 1/2+ racist 20% jackass vote.

Greenspan yesterday: "If it takes raising the deficit to produce jobs, do it!"

Shove your idiotic deficit sky is falling BS up your azz! tyvm, shytteheads...
How much higher do we need to raise the deficit to produce jobs? Because, you know, the last trillion-dollar stimulus didn't produce any jobs.

Interesting... He says he will pay for it with the money that the special commission saves. You know, the 12 political hacks that are sitting there with dug in heels on each of their party's positions on issues. If I was a betting man, I'd bet this bill doesn't get passed, if it does, doesn't get paid for, and will be the focal point for the up-coming 2012 campaign trail. Another typical Obama political campaign speech. Yawn...

Yeah, it was pretty ridiculous for Obama to say this bill will be paid for because he's asking people who no one thinks can come to an agreement to come to an even bigger agreement. However, he is right that short-term spending should be paid for with long-term, rather than short-term cuts. By implication, Obama has signed off on anything the "super committee passes."

And if he says no to the cuts they propose, then HE becomes 'The President of No', and would be responsible for killing his own jobs bill.

No, he wouldn't. He's not responsible for anything.

Right, Obamabots?

So, as far as creating jobs, what exactly is the GOP solution?
An earlier post of mine clearly showed that cutting taxes, cutting/eliminating Capital Gains didn't work during the last decade. All that resulted from that was large profits, great dividends and capital gains, with virtually no job creation, except overseas.
So what new approach?

The approach that we should be taking is getting government out of the way of the Private Sector and let them do what they do best...invest, hire and grow the economy.

Allow the untaxed repatriation of overseas funds in return for that capital being invested either in hiring new employees or buying new equipment.

Allow the oil industry to drill again.

A moratorium on new regulations for the next two years.

Tort reform to lower the cost of health care.

Take away the ability of the EPA to enforce new standards without getting Congressional approval.

And the best thing about all those ideas? They won't cost a single thin dime, let alone a half a trillion dollars but will create REAL long term employment.

Thanks for all the irrelevant claptrap, dittoheads- When the actual bill is presented as given already, what do you think? (if you can) Is it time for bought off greedy Pubs to compromise, stop the ideological BS, pandering to the greedy rich, fear mongering a relatively nondangerous debt, and do something about jobs, jobs, jobs?
What -- you actually believe anything Obama wants is going to work?

Sucker! :rofl:

Pubs have blocked EVERYTHING since 1/2010- don't be duped...again. Stimulus worked-ran out in 2010.

And what, exactly, does that list include?

Google "bills blocked by Republicans"- hundreds- you dittoheads miss the actual news...

I did so and found a bunch of blogs from the leftist blogosphere. Below is one of the links to one of them.

Note that the date of the article is from January 2011. At that point the Dems still had the Super majority in the house and the just short of the filibuster proof majority in the Senate.

The only "Blocking" the Reps could have accomplished would have to have been bi-partisan for most of the Big 0's reign and after that, the slightest bit
of bi-partisanship by the Dems would have defeated any blocking attempts.

The slightest bit.

Why don't you go cry in the playground with the rest of the children.

If there was a shred of integrity in the Democrat Party, they could have moved legislation. There isn't. They didn't.

It's over.

I'm looking forward to Nancy Pelosi making a comment that "we have to pass it before it can be written".

I just passed a turd that probably put more people to work than this bill will. The difference in a turd and a Congressional bill is one of them should be read before passing. The Conservatives know which one to read, the libs don't seem to know the difference.

Forum List

Back