"parents" of 5 year old sue religious school because they said NO!

Are they turning away the kids who parents are divorced also? I mean if they are standing on their principals and stuff

One again (this is getting tiresome) how would they know if the divorced parents haven't asked for forgiveness? This is over your head
The divorced parents haven't asked for forgiveness? And then were no longer sinning by being divorced? How convenient, eh?

5-year-old dismissed from school due to having two moms

And they will lose. :) That is if our constitution still means anything.

Private school. Well within their rights.

Punishing the child for the alleged sins of the parents is hardly the Christian thing to do.
You immoral Leftists, when will you learn? It's the parents punishing the child by deliberately depriving her of a father she deserves to have.
Hey...the child could have a budding serial killing cat murdering father instead.

Private schools can do pretty much whatever the hell they please. This case should and will very likely get tossed out of court.
I agree.....anyone can sue, doesn't mean they will win. The good news by they doing this is everyone in San Diego gets to see what this school is really about. It would be fun to point out the families with divorced and/or remarried parents, single parents, etc.

normally id agree but the school has let in way too many kids with sinner parents. I just think hypocrits should be treated with contempt. Call me old fashioned, traditional even...

Who are they letting in that are openly and deliberately disobeying God's law?

That's irrelevant anyway.

As an example, look at the TOS for this message board, breaking rules MAY result in yada yada yada. Moderator discretion yada yada yada. ANY legal entity is going to have such loopholes that allows them to selectively enforce and discipline.

Are they turning away the kids who parents are divorced also? I mean if they are standing on their principals and stuff

One again (this is getting tiresome) how would they know if the divorced parents haven't asked for forgiveness? This is over your head
The divorced parents haven't asked for forgiveness? And then were no longer sinning by being divorced? How convenient, eh?

A divorced parent isn't necessarily living in sin. Divorce is allowed in the case of sexual immorality.

Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

I disagree with kicking the child out of school. Far better IMO to keep him there and teach him Biblical truth. Let him learn things his two mothers won't tell him. If they want to send him to a Christian school, they should not be surprised when he learns Christian things.

In all seriousness, this is the Church falling into a carefully crafted trap, wherein it shows condemnation instead of love and mercy. They need to walk a fine line, loving those they disagree with while refusing to endorse (AND participate in) sin.

I disagree with kicking the child out of school. Far better IMO to keep him there and teach him Biblical truth. Let him learn things his two mothers won't tell him. If they want to send him to a Christian school, they should not be surprised when he learns Christian things.

In all seriousness, this is the Church falling into a carefully crafted trap, wherein it shows condemnation instead of love and mercy. They need to walk a fine line, loving those they disagree with while refusing to endorse (AND participate in) sin.

Of course it's a trap, no different than many gays who going to bakeries SPECIFICALLY looking for a fight.

One that could backfire if more people would just start saying "we don't give a flying fuck, go find a school/baker/photographer whatever that wants your business.

It is stories like this that make me roll my eyes at gay folks. What will suing this school accomplish? I mean besides tying the court system with frivolous lawsuits? These two women are getting some very shitty legal advice.

I asked my husband about it, he said the same thing, they need better attorneys, bad advice because they can't win this one

This isn't about whether the parents are wrong or right or whether they can win some lawsuit...it's about taking it out on the poor child who doesn't have any choice or any say-so on the matter. If this were a Catholic school, wouldn't you prefer to see the child raised with a good Catholic education, rather than to throw her out and create yet another victim of public education?

I stand with the school. Our children attend private schools and I would stand with theirs if this happened. It part of the reason we chose private schools, that and to keep them away from the leftist indoctrination
Yep. I got one in public school and one doing online school because the school closest to us is 75% Mexican and 60% that don't speak English as a first language and barely understand it. She is AHEAD in her studies that my retired teacher mother is doing with her. I would LOVE to put my kids in a private school but I worry to much about the religious teaching to do it.....

Of course it's a trap, no different than many gays who going to bakeries SPECIFICALLY looking for a fight.

One that could backfire if more people would just start saying "we don't give a flying fuck, go find a school/baker/photographer whatever that wants your business.
True, or if more would say, "Here are the designs we use on our napkins, tablecloths, and banners. You can pick from any of these Bible verses".

normally id agree but the school has let in way too many kids with sinner parents. I just think hypocrits should be treated with contempt. Call me old fashioned, traditional even...

Sarah and Jonathan..

I mean wtf kinda question is that anyway?

Goose claimed the school was hypocritical...I wrongly supposed he had information to back that up.

Gay marriage is flagrantly and knowingly disobeying God's law.

No two ways about it.

Sarah and Jonathan..

Goose claimed the school was hypocritical...I wrongly supposed he had information to back that up.

No two ways about it.
im a she.

Sarah and Jonathan..

No two ways about it.
im a she.

Goose claimed the school was hypocritical...I wrongly supposed she had information to back that up.

No two ways about it.

Sarah and Jonathan..

No two ways about it.

No you wrongly asked for personal examples of something that cannot be produced. Its like you saying there arent any homeless people unless I can produce the SS# of one of them.

What you could've done to determine if what Goose said was true was think of the odds that 100% of the people who attend that school arent sinners.

That punches a clear hole thru your bullshit and shows the school to be hypocrits

5-year-old dismissed from school due to having two moms

And they will lose. :) That is if our constitution still means anything.

Here is an excerpt from the article:

[The school's parent and student handbook, obtained by KGTV, reads that the school has the right to refuse admission of applicants or discontinue the enrollment of students.

"This includes, but is not necessarily limited to, living in, condoning or supporting sexual immorality; practicing homosexual lifestyle or alternative gender identity; promoting such practices; or otherwise having the inability to support the moral principles of the school," the handbook continued, according to the news station.

Also, under the First Amendment, the academy has right to bar membership based on religious beliefs, because it is a private institution.]

So I do not see how the school should be reprimanded or their decision reversed? It seems apparent that this school takes what they consider to be of grave immoral matter quite seriously. Yes, adultery and divorce, etc. can be considered grave as well, but overt homosexuality all the more according to this school, as it is more likely to become an exposure or have some affect on the other young children. I am sure there are a few more situations just as reproved.

Do I think other students being told that their classmate has two mothers or two dads will have some affect on them? Yes, I surely do. I think it is also reprehensible that some school districts have 2nd grade students reading books like “Johnny has two dads.” And equally reprehensible that graphic sexual matters of any kind are taught in elementary schools to young children. Secular minds are poorly formed and have no care or consideration of spiritual ramifications, so I think they should be challenged vigorously as to what liberties they take in public schools.

Finally, the media will never report the many accounts of young adults, etc. who have told their stories growing up in a home with same sex parents. Many awful effects they have had to hide or live with that are very damaging. So all I am saying is if the government or media want to play a role in telling the rest of us that gay parents are perfectly Ok, then have the honesty to give both sides of the story an audience. Of course that will never happen, that is why this nation has degenerated in so many ways.
Now's your opportunity....tell us about the "many accounts of young adults.....many awful effects..that are very damaging".

Tell us.

Sarah and Jonathan..

No two ways about it.

No you wrongly asked for personal examples of something that cannot be produced. Its like you saying there arent any homeless people unless I can produce the SS# of one of them.

What you could've done to determine if what Goose said was true was think of the odds that 100% of the people who attend that school arent sinners.

That punches a clear hole thru your bullshit and shows the school to be hypocrits

They are ALL sinners. Romans 3:23.

This is why reading for comprehension is so important.

Openly, flagrantly, deliberately, unrepentantly...these are the operative words.

Do you believe these married lesbians openly, flagrantly and deliberately living in defiance of God's law are repentant?

Sarah and Jonathan..

No two ways about it.

Openly, flagrantly, deliberately, unrepentantly...these are the operative words.

Do you believe these married lesbians openly, flagrantly and deliberately living in defiance of God's law are repentant?

Do you believe they know that all the other sinners there are repentant?

Sarah and Jonathan..

No two ways about it.

Do you believe they know that all the other sinners there are repentant?

I think that if it was as obvious as in this instance that they are not, they would also be asked to leave.

Google "tolerance of deliberate, continuing sin" and get back to me later. I've got some other things to take care of now that my wife is home.

Forum List

Back