"parents" of 5 year old sue religious school because they said NO!

Private schools can do pretty much whatever the hell they please. This case should and will very likely get tossed out of court.

Yep, this is just another case of people thinking their alleged rights are more important than another person's actual rights. Quite sad.

Spot on.

I was discussing this exact same story elsewhere and some buffoon claimed I was anti-gay. I hope my husband doesn't find out and divorces me. lol.

I disagree with the school behaving in this manner, but support their right to do so. Exactly the same way I feel about oh so many other things on both sides. Being consistent in my views is wonderful, even if I do get bashed by the left and the right for doing so.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
I wouldnt put my kid into a school like that in the first place because they dont represent my beliefs. Why wouldnt the lesbians do that?
If (and that's if) they enrolled the child in the school knowing the rules, it's not unreasonable to imagine they may have done so knowing full well what could happen.

And if that's the case, the child is being used.

Exactly.

Assuming the parents did this for political purposes, yes I agree. But what if the parents simply wanted the best education for their child and felt that this was the school that could provide that? Obviously it isn't, based on their actions here. The motivations of the parents are irrelevant to the actions of the school. Two wrongs don't make a right.

You're asking Christians to forgo their beliefs because the parents knowingly broke the rules for questionable reasons?
I feel bad for the kid for a multitude of reasons,but these so called parents are completely at fault here.
They should have picked a different school and the child wouldnt be going through this.

How is allowing this kid to go to school somehow "asking Christians to forgo their beliefs"? Using your logic, I should have been kicked out of Catholic school because my dad rarely went to church.

You want to deal with someone, deal with the parents, don't take it out on the kid like some liberal bully.

It's an unfortunate situation but I dont fault the school one bit.
Had mommy and mommy just re enrolled the child in a different school the kid wouldnt have been any wiser.
You go to different schools as a child so whats the big deal here?
I'll tell you what the big deal is....lesbians using their kid as a pawn and dragging their kid through the mud for political/monetary gain.

If my kids had been kicked out of the private religious school I sent them to, my only other economically feasible choice at the time would have been to send them to public school. That would have been a big deal to me...and while I may not have filed a lawsuit, I darn sure would have been raising some hell and kicking some ass....literally.

This is San Diego we're talking about.
I'd bet they had other options.
Exercising rights, yes, but don't start with that utter liberal bullshit of "protecting the other kids". If you feel that a kid who has two mom's is some kind of a threat to your beliefs or your safety, the problem is you, not the kid or parents.

Rules are rules...the women knew this. They can enroll their child where it will be accepted along with the lesbian's lifestyle they have chosen

Rules are rules...ok, so Saint Sassy, you obey to the letter every single law of our land and of the Catholic church, right? You never miss a Sunday mass, you never disobey any of the ten commandments, you donate exactly how much of your income the diocese requires to your church, you never exceed the speed limit, you never roll through a stop sign, etc. etc. right?

You are as intolerant as any liberal leftist, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Stop running all over the map, the lesbians enrolled their child into the school knowing this could happen, it did. They have no chance of winning a lawsuit, it's just more BS trying to normalize the abnormal

I'm not the one punishing a kid for the actions of their parents, her Holiness. Note that you didn't answer my question, which speaks volumes.

Nobody is perfect...with that said the lesbians knowingly enrolled the child in a RELIGIOUS school and then are astounded when the school says nope, that goes against our rules.
Yes but what about all the other rules?

Do you really think the bible wants women to be independent? For men to practice unethical business?

Exercising rights, yes, but don't start with that utter liberal bullshit of "protecting the other kids". If you feel that a kid who has two mom's is some kind of a threat to your beliefs or your safety, the problem is you, not the kid or parents.

Rules are rules...the women knew this. They can enroll their child where it will be accepted along with the lesbian's lifestyle they have chosen

Rules are rules...ok, so Saint Sassy, you obey to the letter every single law of our land and of the Catholic church, right? You never miss a Sunday mass, you never disobey any of the ten commandments, you donate exactly how much of your income the diocese requires to your church, you never exceed the speed limit, you never roll through a stop sign, etc. etc. right?

You are as intolerant as any liberal leftist, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Stop running all over the map, the lesbians enrolled their child into the school knowing this could happen, it did. They have no chance of winning a lawsuit, it's just more BS trying to normalize the abnormal

I'm not the one punishing a kid for the actions of their parents, her Holiness. Note that you didn't answer my question, which speaks volumes.

Nobody is perfect...with that said the lesbians knowingly enrolled the child in a RELIGIOUS school and then are astounded when the school says nope, that goes against our rules.

What goes against their rules? The child living with gays or the gays who arent in school at all?

I'm willing to bet there isnt ONE rule that says that children cannot have gay parents. I'd bet my life savings, which is my comic collection and a rare MJ rookie card lol

I'm willing to bet there isnt ONE rule that says that children cannot have gay parents. I'd bet my life savings, which is my comic collection and a rare MJ rookie card lol

Irrelevant

You can bet your MJ card they have a clause in their guidelines that allows them to refuse a child for ANY reason. Being a private school, they have that right.

Absent so called public accommodation laws which might apply that is.

Irrelevant

You can bet your MJ card they have a clause in their guidelines that allows them to refuse a child for ANY reason. Being a private school, they have that right.

The school is not open to the public. PA laws do not apply.

Irrelevant

Yeah maybe, but then you cant say that the lesbians KNEW this might happen. If they have a clause saying ANY reason then EVERYONE KNOWS this MIGHT happen. But like I said I bet MONEY they dont have have anything in the rules that says a child cannot have 2 mothers.

Then why have they been letting all these feminsts in for the last half century? Whatever hapened to, "better off drowned in the deepest ocean than lead someone away from God"?

I fail to see anyone who fits that description more than a feminist.

Totally irrelevant to the story. This religious school is allowed to admit, or not admit, students for any damn reason they choose.

Yes, they are...but that still doesn't mean what they are doing is right, moral or Christian.

Why is it not right?

It was the parent who put the child in this position, not the school.

The school has a policy...it is a Bible based policy. The adults should have known and understood the policy before enrolling the child.

It is irrelevant whether you or they agree with the policy.
normally id agree but the school has let in way too many kids with sinner parents. I just think hypocrits should be treated with contempt. Call me old fashioned, traditional even...

Right, and they are only going after SOME of the people who violate their morals and principals and not others who are doing to same. I'd like to see that policy that says "Meh, If you feel like enforcing the rules of the bible you can, but you dont HAVE to"
Its the retreating trench warfare
Then why have they been letting all these feminsts in for the last half century? Whatever hapened to, "better off drowned in the deepest ocean than lead someone away from God"?

I fail to see anyone who fits that description more than a feminist.

Totally irrelevant to the story. This religious school is allowed to admit, or not admit, students for any damn reason they choose.

Yes, they are...but that still doesn't mean what they are doing is right, moral or Christian.

Why is it not right?

It was the parent who put the child in this position, not the school.

The school has a policy...it is a Bible based policy. The adults should have known and understood the policy before enrolling the child.

It is irrelevant whether you or they agree with the policy.
normally id agree but the school has let in way too many kids with sinner parents. I just think hypocrits should be treated with contempt. Call me old fashioned, traditional even...

Right, and they are only going after SOME of the people who violate their morals and principals and not others who are doing to same. I'd like to see that policy that says "Meh, If you feel like enforcing the rules of the bible you can, but you dont HAVE to"
Its the retreating trench warfare of the conservotards.

Private schools can do pretty much whatever the hell they please. This case should and will very likely get tossed out of court.

They shouldnt be allowed to discriminate, period

It is a religious institution and they are allowed to discriminate against all those that do not meet the spiritual criteria set forth by the school.

I understand that but the child did nothing wrong. Now they are discriminating against the child for the parents wrong doing. How far can they go with this really? The cousin of a murderer cant go to their school? The granddaughter of a divorced person?

They arent even going after the person...they are going down the line
So whats your stand on the parents using their kid as a pawn?

If that is what they are doing...I got no use for them...but I will deal with them on the matter, not take it out on their child like a common thug.

Parents knowingly broke the rules and put their child into the position they know find themselves in.
Who's the cause of this damage if any?

Who cares? Why are you people so rabid on punishing the child for the actions of her parents? The child obviously has a biological father. If the mother and father were married and the father was in prison for murder, would you take that out on the child too. NO, LITTLE SUZY, YOU CAN'T HAVE A GOOD EDUCATION BECAUSE OF WHAT YOUR PARENTS HAVE DONE.

All completely irrelevant. The school has the right to set its own rules and limitations. Life's tough sometimes.

Not irrelevant at all. Yes they can do what they like...but that doesn't make what they are doing either right nor Christian. I don't give a flying fuck about the parents or lawsuits...my concern is with the child and her future...you'd think the both the school and the parents would share that concern as their top priority. A pox on both the parents and the school.

It doesn't have to be right or Christian by your definitions, which renders such concerns irrelevant.

Irrelevant

Yeah maybe, but then you cant say that the lesbians KNEW this might happen. If they have a clause saying ANY reason then EVERYONE KNOWS this MIGHT happen. But like I said I bet MONEY they dont have have anything in the rules that says a child cannot have 2 mothers.

As I said, I think the school is being silly, but you can bet they consulted a lawyer before doing this. And silly or not, they ARE within their rights.

And the school is not being any sillier than the two mothers who made this a national news story. For fuck sakes, what is the point of that? If you're going to sue, sue, you don't need to take your story to the National Enquirer.

Bad bet...their parent/student handbook specifically addresses "practicing homosexual lifestyle"

I don't know if these parents knowingly put their kid in this school to start a fight, or if they even read the parent/student handbook (I'd bet half the parents here have no clue what is in their own)...but to me that isn't the point. The point, to me, is that if this school truly had Christian beliefs and practices, they would not be punishing the child for the sins of the parent, but would rather want to keep that child in their school so they could hopefully show her the proper way to live and save her from repeating the sins of the parent.

I guess it just goes to show that most schools, private and public, don't really give a crap about the kids, it's all about money and self-perpetuation.

Bad bet...their parent/student handbook specifically addresses "practicing homosexual lifestyle"

I don't know if these parents knowingly put their kid in this school to start a fight, or if they even read the parent/student handbook (I'd bet half the parents here have no clue what is in their own)...but to me that isn't the point. The point, to me, is that if this school truly had Christian beliefs and practices, they would not be punishing the child for the sins of the parent, but would rather want to keep that child in their school so they could hopefully show her the proper way to live and save her from repeating the sins of the parent.

I guess it just goes to show that most schools, private and public, don't really give a crap about the kids, it's all about money and self-perpetuation.

um what? no one is punished by being rejected from a school. Overly dramatic much?

um what? no one is punished by being rejected from a school. Overly dramatic much?

What? Being rejected because of the actions of your parents isn't punishment? OK, fine, if I reject your business because you are white, I am not discriminating against you either....it's just business...or lack thereof.

I wonder what would happen if this school applied their policy equally and kicked out ever kid who's parent had an affair? Rules are rules, right?

Indeed. Their rules. They can apply them as they wish.

As long as they are applied equally....which was my point. If selective enforcement of the rules is OK, then I guess I can selectively pay my tuition too, right? It's my right, by gawd!

OK, fine, if I reject your business because you are white, I am not discriminating against you either....it's just business...or lack thereof.

Fine with me.

I'll take my cash elsewhere, no problem.

So there.

What? Being rejected because of the actions of your parents isn't punishment? OK, fine, if I reject your business because you are white, I am not discriminating against you either....it's just business...or lack thereof.

Correct, and guess what, I am all for your right to reject my business b/c I'm white, or a man, or whatever other reason you wish to reject it for.

I wonder what would happen if this school applied their policy equally and kicked out ever kid who's parent had an affair? Rules are rules, right?

As long as they are applied equally....which was my point. If selective enforcement of the rules is OK, then I guess I can selectively pay my tuition too, right? It's my right, by gawd!

Have you graduated high school yet? Your arguments are singularly puerile.

No, in fact it is not your right to pay money you've agreed to pay LOL

Forum List

Back