papers, please - once again republicans are working against freedom

Not exactly.

11. Specifies that, in addition to any violation of federal law, a person is guilty of trespassing if the person is:

a) present on any public or private land in the state and

b) is not carrying his or her alien registration card or has willfully failed to register.

SB1070 - 492R - Senate Fact Sheet

Which means that any person who resembles an illegal alien, in other words most of the sizable Hispanic population of the state and anyone else that has darker skin and an accent, will be arrested if they don't have ID on them.

Wrong again. Illegals don't look like Hispanic Americans. Guess you just have to be there and know what you're talking about.

Not exactly.

11. Specifies that, in addition to any violation of federal law, a person is guilty of trespassing if the person is:

b) is not carrying his or her alien registration card or has willfully failed to register.

Which means that any person who resembles an illegal alien, in other words most of the sizable Hispanic population of the state and anyone else that has darker skin and an accent, will be arrested if they don't have ID on them.

Perhaps if the federal government did their job in protecting our borders, the state wouldn't be in a position that it finds itself now, no?

Yes if you're an illegal alien and you do not have valid ID your ass will be arrested and deported. If you are a citizen of the United States of America and you do not have proper ID, you will detained until your legal status can be determined. Which would take me about two minutes to determine.

Answer me this, what state do you currently reside in and have you ever lived in a southern border state?

I'm sorry, but how is "detained" different from "arrested", besides the legal mumbo-jumbo?

I live just outside the New York City limits, and though I have not lived in a southern border state, there are a hell of a lot of illegals here, so I know just what you're going through.

There's about 100 of them that line up in the morning outside the local grocery store to find day labor.

detain /dɪt'eɪn/
Synonyms:
verb: delay, stop, hold, keep, arrest, withhold, restrain, retain
detains 3rd person present; detaining present participle; detained past tense, past participle
When people such as the police detain someone, they keep them in a place under their control. VERB formal
The act allows police to detain a suspect for up to 48 hours. V n
He was arrested and detained for questioning. V n
To detain someone means to delay them, for example by talking to them. VERB formal
Thank you. We won't detain you any further. V n

arrest /ər'est/
Synonyms:
verb: stop, apprehend, detain, seize, check, capture, catch
noun: detention, apprehension, custody, capture, seizure
arrests plural, 3rd person present; arresting present participle; arrested past tense, past participle
If the police arrest you, they take charge of you and take you to a police station, because they believe you may have committed a crime. VERB
Police arrested five young men in connection with one of the attacks. V n
The police say seven people were arrested for minor offences. 'be' V-ed + 'for' Also V n 'for' n
Arrest is also a noun. N-VAR oft 'under' N
...a substantial reward for information leading to the arrest of the bombers.
Police chased the fleeing terrorists and later made two arrests.
Murder squad detectives approached the man and placed him under arrest.
If something or someone arrests a process, they stop it continuing. VERB formal
The sufferer may have to make major changes in his or her life to arrest the disease. V n
The law could arrest the development of good research if applied prematurely. V n

See the difference between arrested and detained?

And no you have no idea what I go through or what cattle ranchers on the border go through. Have you ever had your fences cut and your cattle scattered throughtout three counties? Ever had your livestock slaughtered or your camphouse ransacked?

No you have no idea what border ranchers go through or you wouldn't be arguing on the side of the illegals.

Yes if you're an illegal alien and you do not have valid ID your ass will be arrested and deported. If you are a citizen of the United States of America and you do not have proper ID, you will detained until your legal status can be determined. Which would take me about two minutes to determine.

Answer me this, what state do you currently reside in and have you ever lived in a southern border state?

I'm sorry, but how is "detained" different from "arrested", besides the legal mumbo-jumbo?

I live just outside the New York City limits, and though I have not lived in a southern border state, there are a hell of a lot of illegals here, so I know just what you're going through.

There's about 100 of them that line up in the morning outside the local grocery store to find day labor.

The point is, you are excusing criminal behavior. Entering the US illegally is a CRIME.

How do you think I feel being inconvenienced at DWI checkpoints because lefgtwingnuts like to take LSD and drive?:cuckoo:

You're making excuses. You have no argument.

detain /dɪt'eɪn/
Synonyms:
verb: delay, stop, hold, keep, arrest, withhold, restrain, retain
detains 3rd person present; detaining present participle; detained past tense, past participle
When people such as the police detain someone, they keep them in a place under their control. VERB formal
The act allows police to detain a suspect for up to 48 hours. V n
He was arrested and detained for questioning. V n
To detain someone means to delay them, for example by talking to them. VERB formal
Thank you. We won't detain you any further. V n

arrest /ər'est/
Synonyms:
verb: stop, apprehend, detain, seize, check, capture, catch
noun: detention, apprehension, custody, capture, seizure
arrests plural, 3rd person present; arresting present participle; arrested past tense, past participle
If the police arrest you, they take charge of you and take you to a police station, because they believe you may have committed a crime. VERB
Police arrested five young men in connection with one of the attacks. V n
The police say seven people were arrested for minor offences. 'be' V-ed + 'for' Also V n 'for' n
Arrest is also a noun. N-VAR oft 'under' N
...a substantial reward for information leading to the arrest of the bombers.
Police chased the fleeing terrorists and later made two arrests.
Murder squad detectives approached the man and placed him under arrest.
If something or someone arrests a process, they stop it continuing. VERB formal
The sufferer may have to make major changes in his or her life to arrest the disease. V n
The law could arrest the development of good research if applied prematurely. V n

See the difference between arrested and detained?

And no you have no idea what I go through or what cattle ranchers on the border go through. Have you ever had your fences cut and your cattle scattered throughtout three counties? Ever had your livestock slaughtered or your camphouse ransacked?

No you have no idea what border ranchers go through or you wouldn't be arguing on the side of the illegals.

You do of course realize that the definitions you just supplied list arrest and detain as synonyms of one another, right?

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: blu
The point is, you are excusing criminal behavior. Entering the US illegally is a CRIME.

How do you think I feel being inconvenienced at DWI checkpoints because lefgtwingnuts like to take LSD and drive?:cuckoo:

I'm not excusing anything of the sort. Personally I could care less about the deportation of the illegal aliens themselves. They are in fact committing a crime and should be deported.

I am concerned solely with the rights of American Citizens in this case.

I'm not excusing anything of the sort. Personally I could care less about the deportation of the illegal aliens themselves. They are in fact committing a crime and should be deported.

US citizens merely need show their ID they're supposed to have anyway and they go their way, same as at a DWI checkpoint which is violating my freedoms because others choose to operate motor vehicles under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Or being required to produce a social security card and photo ID to obtain a job only to end up on job sites half-manned by illegals who have neither.

You're more than willing to let Big Brother ransack the wallets of those that earn and redistribute those earnings to those that don't; yet, Heaven forbid someone inconvenience you if you can politicize a common sense measure that doesn't even come close to the fascism we have currently at the Federal level.

Not exactly.

Wrong again. Illegals don't look like Hispanic Americans. Guess you just have to be there and know what you're talking about.

Gunny, you are not stupid, so stop sounding as if you are. (1) Arizona will not be allowed to enforce the law, and (2) shut the border. Now that was not hard.

US citizens merely need show their ID they're supposed to have anyway and they go their way, same as at a DWI checkpoint which is violating my freedoms because others choose to operate motor vehicles under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Or being required to produce a social security card and photo ID to obtain a job only to end up on job sites half-manned by illegals who have neither.

You're more than willing to let Big Brother ransack the wallets of those that earn and redistribute those earnings to those that don't; yet, Heaven forbid someone inconvenience you if you can politicize a common sense measure that doesn't even come close to the fascism we have currently at the Federal level.

there is no requirement to have ID

Permits and licenses, yes. IDs about citizenship, no. A requirement for such is an assault on all our liberties and freedoms. Any so-called far right conservatives that want this are revealing they are wannabee little fascists.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

Gunny, you are not stupid, so stop sounding as if you are. (1) Arizona will not be allowed to enforce the law, and (2) shut the border. Now that was not hard.

Arizona will enforce its laws if Arizona chooses to. That's not your call. They don't observe MLK Day against a Federally-declared holiday. Don't assume everyone's got no balls just because some have no balls.

I already said shut the border, Einstein, so calling me stupid for saying the same thing you are is .... ummm .... stupid?

Depends on what state you live in, doesn't it? If you have no ID in Texas, you WILL be detained. It's that simple.

Oh, and that law IS enforced here contrary to the beliefs of some who say the it can't be enforced.

So...85% or the time your ID is in your wallet in your right rear pocket. If you were stopped, you would properly identify yourself and the police would verify your identity in a couple of minutes. You are on your way. Why are you giving illegal folks a break?

Because 15% of the time I don't have my wallet.

And if I happened to be of Hispanic decent in the area in question, I would be detained and arrested.

So...for your personal convenience, this law should be repealed, in a state you don't even live in. Further, it could save someone's life from a dangerous illegal immigrant, by catching them and deporting them. Seems a little selfish too me.

Why not confiscate all guns if it would 'save someone's life'? Surely a few lives would be saved, somewhere, somehow, if we ended all private gun ownership.

Permits and licenses, yes. IDs about citizenship, no. A requirement for such is an assault on all our liberties and freedoms. Any so-called far right conservatives that want this are revealing they are wannabee little fascists.

Your argument is backwards assed and hypocritical to your argument on government fascist healthcare.

Because 15% of the time I don't have my wallet.

And if I happened to be of Hispanic decent in the area in question, I would be detained and arrested.

So...for your personal convenience, this law should be repealed, in a state you don't even live in. Further, it could save someone's life from a dangerous illegal immigrant, by catching them and deporting them. Seems a little selfish too me.

Why not confiscate all guns if it would 'save someone's life'? Surely a few lives would be saved, somewhere, somehow, if we ended all private gun ownership.

Another pointless ad hominem.

Another pointless ad hominem.

I believe you were looking for deflection? ad hominem can only be against a person

Arizona will enforce its laws if Arizona chooses to. That's not your call. They don't observe MLK Day against a Federally-declared holiday. Don't assume everyone's got no balls just because some have no balls.

I already said shut the border, Einstein, so calling me stupid for saying the same thing you are is .... ummm .... stupid?

You are stupid if you think it is limited to and for the border only. Research it. And, no, if the US says AZ won't enforce it, then guess what: it won't be enforced.

You are normally a fairly realistic conservative. I don't understand why you are so far off the reservation on this one, tonto.

Depends on what state you live in, doesn't it? If you have no ID in Texas, you WILL be detained. It's that simple.

Oh, and that law IS enforced here contrary to the beliefs of some who say the it can't be enforced.

Link, please, because I know that it is not true about Texas.

Forum List

Back