Palin on Ukraine: I told you so

Some people still care about the grifter/quitter lady?

If reality TV stars are your favorite news source, why not just take foreign policy advice from HoneyBooBoo? After all, it would make more sense.

Last edited:
Some people still care about the grifter/quitter lady?

If reality TV stars are your favorite news source, why not just take foreign policy advice from HoneyBooBoo? After all, it would make more sense.
I see, you're apparently very familiar with HoneyBooBoo and we should respect your views on Palin. Makes sense.

Palin on Ukraine: I told you so ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

So which one is better?

A leftist who weakens America but is well read?

Or a genuine American whose instincts are spot on and whose heart bleeds Red White & Blue?

I'll take the latter every day of the week and twice on Sundays!

Sarah Palin can smile all the way to the bank.

Good for her.

Fuck her critics.

:fu:

And what is Palin claiming we should be doing that we're not doing? Be specific.

Too late now.

She gave the warning in 2008 when something COULD have been done. Like, voting GOP and sending a strong message to Putin to not get any ideas.

Like what. I said be specific. What was John McCain going to do that would have deterred Russia from doing what it's doing now?

Obama warned Putin not to invade Ukraine, he said there would be a cost to pay. So I guess that settles that.

what cost??

207x6c2.jpg

And what is Palin claiming we should be doing that we're not doing? Be specific.

Too late now.

She gave the warning in 2008 when something COULD have been done. Like, voting GOP and sending a strong message to Putin to not get any ideas.

Like what. I said be specific. What was John McCain going to do that would have deterred Russia from doing what it's doing now?

The same thing Ronald Reagan did to deter the Soviet Union. He talked tough with them. And he could back up his talk with action if needed.

Deterrence theory

In foreign affairs, deterrence is a strategy intended to dissuade an adversary from undertaking an action not yet started, or to prevent them from doing something that another state desires. Deterrence theory gained increased prominence as a military strategy during the Cold War with regard to the use of nuclear weapons. It took on a unique connotation during this time as an inferior nuclear force, by virtue of its extreme destructive power, could deter a more powerful adversary, provided that this force could be protected against destruction by a surprise attack. A credible nuclear deterrent, Bernard Brodie wrote in 1959, must be always at the ready, yet never used.[1]

In Thomas Schelling’s (1966) classic work on deterrence, the concept that military strategy can no longer be defined as the science of military victory is presented. Instead, it is argued that military strategy was now equally, if not more, the art of coercion, of intimidation and deterrence.[2] Schelling says the capacity to hurt another state is now used as a motivating factor for other states to avoid it and influence another state's behavior. To be coercive or deter another state, violence must be anticipated and avoidable by accommodation. It can therefore be summarized that the use of the power to hurt as bargaining power is the foundation of deterrence theory, and is most successful when it is held in reserve.[2]
Deterrence theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

McCain would have done the same thing.

Obama didn't do this.

Whether that's because of incompetence (BAD!) or because of an intention to weaken America (OUTRAGEOUS!!!) is less important at this moment than the fact that he didn't do it and we see the result.

Too late now.

The same thing Ronald Reagan did to deter the Soviet Union. He talked tough with them. And he could back up his talk with action if needed.

Deterrence theory

In foreign affairs, deterrence is a strategy intended to dissuade an adversary from undertaking an action not yet started, or to prevent them from doing something that another state desires. Deterrence theory gained increased prominence as a military strategy during the Cold War with regard to the use of nuclear weapons. It took on a unique connotation during this time as an inferior nuclear force, by virtue of its extreme destructive power, could deter a more powerful adversary, provided that this force could be protected against destruction by a surprise attack. A credible nuclear deterrent, Bernard Brodie wrote in 1959, must be always at the ready, yet never used.[1]

In Thomas Schelling’s (1966) classic work on deterrence, the concept that military strategy can no longer be defined as the science of military victory is presented. Instead, it is argued that military strategy was now equally, if not more, the art of coercion, of intimidation and deterrence.[2] Schelling says the capacity to hurt another state is now used as a motivating factor for other states to avoid it and influence another state's behavior. To be coercive or deter another state, violence must be anticipated and avoidable by accommodation. It can therefore be summarized that the use of the power to hurt as bargaining power is the foundation of deterrence theory, and is most successful when it is held in reserve.[2]
Deterrence theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

McCain would have done the same thing.

Obama didn't do this.

Whether that's because of incompetence (BAD!) or because of an intention to weaken America (OUTRAGEOUS!!!) is less important at this moment than the fact that he didn't do it and we see the result.

Oh so Reagan DIDN'T win the cold war.

Another fallacy finally laid to rest.

:clap:

Why do you people listen to Palin on this broad? I really don't understand how one could be so dense to admire Palin. It blows my mind. She is an idiot. Like the worst kind of political idiot. Probably even worse than Glenn Beck. So what if she made a semi correct prediction about two countries who have always had problems? What else exactly gives her any credibility? Absolutely nothing.

The fear is palpable - and growing daily! Hillary might have a Republican woman up against her. And not in a way she might prefer.
putin-palin1.jpg

Palin on Ukraine: I told you so ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

So which one is better?

A leftist who weakens America but is well read?

Or a genuine American whose instincts are spot on and whose heart bleeds Red White & Blue?

I'll take the latter every day of the week and twice on Sundays!

Sarah Palin can smile all the way to the bank.

Good for her.

Fuck her critics.

:fu:

Too late now.

Obama: There is no possible justification for these attacks. I reiterate my call for Russia to stop its bombing campaign, to stop flights of Russian aircraft in Georgian airspace, and to withdraw its ground forces from Georgia.
McCain: Russia should immediately and unconditionally cease its military operations and withdraw all forces from sovereign Georgian territory.

Too late now.

Yeah like what?

Like, voting GOP and sending a strong message to Putin to not get any ideas.
Obama: There is no possible justification for these attacks. I reiterate my call for Russia to stop its bombing campaign, to stop flights of Russian aircraft in Georgian airspace, and to withdraw its ground forces from Georgia.
McCain: Russia should immediately and unconditionally cease its military operations and withdraw all forces from sovereign Georgian territory.

“After the Russian army invaded the nation of Georgia, Senator Obama’s reaction was one of indecision and moral equivalence – the kind of response that would only encourage Russia’s Putin to invade Ukraine next.”--Sarah Palin 2008

Forum List

Back