Palestinians: 10,000 years ago, since Abraham or since the Mandate for Palestine?

Way back on March 31, 1977, the Dutch newspaper Trouw published an interview with Palestine Liberation Organization executive committee member Zahir Muhsein. Here's what he said:

That's true. There's no difference between Lebanese, Syrians, Jordanians and Palestinians. They are intermarried and have cousins in all four countries. The Palestinians are just people who have lived in Palestine for 2000 years. They didn't immigrate from Europe or Russia. They just aren't as racist and nationalistic as the Zionists.

Last edited:
It is not about who he is CEO of.

I just posted above the relevant paragraph in his article.

The article which by the way you did not bother to read.
I have read most of Farah's stuff. The guy is a hatemonger.

That's true. There's no difference between Lebanese, Syrians, Jordanians and Palestinians. They are intermarried and have cousins in all four countries. The Palestinians are just people who have lived in Palestine for 2000 years. They didn't immigrate from Europe or Russia. They just aren't as racist and nationalistic as the Zionists.
That is not what he is talking about. Not at all. It is not about intermarriage.

I have read most of Farah's stuff. The guy is a hatemonger.
It is not Farah who says it. You refuse to read the article. Here it is again:

Way back on March 31, 1977, the Dutch newspaper Trouw published an interview with Palestine Liberation Organization executive committee member Zahir Muhsein. Here's what he said:

The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct "Palestinian people" to oppose Zionism.

For tactical reasons, Jordan, which is a sovereign state with defined borders, cannot raise claims to Haifa and Jaffa, while as a Palestinian, I can undoubtedly demand Haifa, Jaffa, Beer-Sheva and Jerusalem. However, the moment we reclaim our right to all of Palestine, we will not wait even a minute to unite Palestine and Jordan.

somethings need repeating
:)-

It is understandable that some posters may confuse or deny the use of the word Palestinians, for a people, with the word Palestine, for a region in Ancient Canaan.

Which is it? Has a Palestinian identity and culture existed since a mass migration to Canaan 10,000 years ago, (was there such a mass migration?) or were they there since the time of Abraham, or are they a more modern creation after the Balfour Declaration, Mandate for PALESTINE, and Israel's Independence in 1948?

Was the identity created by Nasser in 1964 in Moscow with the help of the Soviet KGB? For what reason?

This is the thread to show Palestinian History before the Mandate for Palestine. The Palestinian Museum is rather silent about it.

Palestine, the region:

The word Palestine derives from the Greek word, Philistia, which dates to Ancient Greek writers' descriptions of the region in the 12th century B.C. Since the fall of the Ottoman Empire in World War I to 1948, Palestine typically referred to the geographic region located between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River. Arab people who call this territory home have been known as Palestinians since the early 20th century. Much of this land is now considered present-day Israel.

Scholars believe the name “Palestine” originally comes from the word “Philistia,” which refers to the Philistines who occupied part of the region in the 12th century B.C.

Throughout history, Palestine has been ruled by numerous groups, including the Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Arabs, Fatimids, Seljuk Turks, Crusaders, Egyptians and Mamelukes.

From about 1517 to 1917, the Ottoman Empire ruled much of the region.

Palestinians, the People:

I cannot find one invader or visitor to the area who identified any of the population present as Palestinian. Any Arabs, Bedouin or Druze who might have called themselves or would be identified by that national identity by any of those invaders, visitors or inhabitants.

The Ottoman Census of 1831 to 1917 divides the population of the region as such:

Thanks to all who join this conversation

There were many Palestinians both Muslim and Christian working in Saudi Arabia in the 1950s. They were called Palestinians. You probably know Palestine was a province of Syria. Herodotus wrote about them in 500 BC.

There were many Palestinians both Muslim and Christian working in Saudi Arabia in the 1950s. They were called Palestinians. You probably know Palestine was a province of Syria. Herodotus wrote about them in 500 BC.
Get real.

No Mandate for Palestine, NO Palestinian Jews, Muslims, Christians, Druze, Bedouins, etc.

NO ONE was called a Palestinian before the Mandate.

No Mandate for Palestine, NO Palestinian Jews, Muslims, Christians, Druze, Bedouins, etc.
So true, Palestinians are NOT Jews.
Palestine (Arabic: فلسطين, romanized: Filasṭīn), officially the State of Palestine(دولة فلسطين, Dawlat Filasṭīn), is a de jure sovereign state located in Western Asia, it is officially governed by the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) and claims the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. However, its claimed territory has been occupied by Israel since the Six-Day War of 1967;
State of Palestine - Wikipedia

Palestine, area of the eastern Mediterranean region, comprising parts of modern Israel and the Palestinian territories of the Gaza Strip (along the coast of the Mediterranean Sea) and the West Bank (west of the Jordan River).

The term Palestine has been associated variously and sometimes controversially with this small region, which some have asserted also includes Jordan. Both the geographic area designated by the name and the political status of it have changed over the course of some three millennia.

The word Palestine derives from Philistia, the name given by Greek writers to the land of the Philistines, who in the 12th century BCE occupied a small pocket of land on the southern coast, between modern Tel Aviv–Yafo and Gaza. The name was revived by the Romans in the 2nd century CE in “Syria Palaestina,”
Palestine | History, People, & Religion

1661966792309.jpeg

State of Palestine
On 3 March 2021, the Prosecutor announced the opening of the investigation into the Situation in the State of Palestine. This followed Pre-Trial Chamber I's decision on 5 February 2021 that the Court could exercise its criminal jurisdiction in the Situation and, by majority, that the territorial scope of this jurisdiction extends to Gaza and the West Bank, including East Jerusalem.
State of Palestine

After finding proof that Palestine did exist way back then I decided to look for evidense of Israels existense. I could not find any historical referense to the state of “Israel” until 1947ad. Having said that I did find a biblical reference to “Israel”.

Genesis 32:28

And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.
Israel was a person, not a place.
And he was a bad, bad boy

Palestine (Arabic: فلسطين, romanized: Filasṭīn), officially the State of Palestine(دولة فلسطين, Dawlat Filasṭīn), is a de jure sovereign state located in Western Asia, it is officially governed by the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) and claims the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. However, its claimed territory has been occupied by Israel since the Six-Day War of 1967;

Palestine, area of the eastern Mediterranean region, comprising parts of modern Israel and the Palestinian territories of the Gaza Strip (along the coast of the Mediterranean Sea) and the West Bank (west of the Jordan River).

The term Palestine has been associated variously and sometimes controversially with this small region, which some have asserted also includes Jordan. Both the geographic area designated by the name and the political status of it have changed over the course of some three millennia.

The word Palestine derives from Philistia, the name given by Greek writers to the land of the Philistines, who in the 12th century BCE occupied a small pocket of land on the southern coast, between modern Tel Aviv–Yafo and Gaza. The name was revived by the Romans in the 2nd century CE in “Syria Palaestina,”

View attachment 689613

State of Palestine
On 3 March 2021, the Prosecutor announced the opening of the investigation into the Situation in the State of Palestine. This followed Pre-Trial Chamber I's decision on 5 February 2021 that the Court could exercise its criminal jurisdiction in the Situation and, by majority, that the territorial scope of this jurisdiction extends to Gaza and the West Bank, including East Jerusalem.
State of Palestine

After finding proof that Palestine did exist way back then I decided to look for evidense of Israels existense. I could not find any historical referense to the state of “Israel” until 1947ad. Having said that I did find a biblical reference to “Israel”.

And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.
Idiot.

There would not be the PA " State of Palestine" if it had not been for the Mandate for Palestine.

There were no people calling themselves Palestinians, at all, before the Mandate for Palestine.

Let us see you prove that there were such people, before 1920.

Arafat, father of “Palestinian nationalism,” was born in 1929, in Egypt. Not very ancient. Not very “Palestinian.”

Herodotus didn’t write about “Palestinians.” Did you just make that up?

View attachment 689613

State of Palestine
State of Palestine

The ICC does not grant statehood.

Yasser Arafat, thinking he invented Pal'istanians back in the late 1960's, invented neither Pal'istanians nor any imagined ''State of Pally'land''.

Forum List

Back