Pa-12

CNN Projects Tim Burns has LOST!

Take that right-wing whackos!

LOL.

I was waiting to hear such a response!

You are aware the Democrat candidate was against the healthcare bill, supports the 2nd amendment, and is Pro Life, right??? :eusa_whistle:

May or may not be a bellweather, but it was an election GOoPers were touting as a must-win.

:clap2:

LOL.

You are aware the Democrat candidate was against the healthcare bill, supports the 2nd amendment, and is Pro Life, right??? :eusa_whistle:

I was against the health care bill, very pro-2nd amendment still a democrat and right wingers call me a "librul".

Then again I'm strongly pro-choice... but Hell we can't all agree on everything.

I think the big story tonight is the establishment of both parties getting the middle finger from the electorate.

Rand Paul and Joe Sestak both were running against their own party establishments and won pretty nicely. I consider that a good sign for this nation.

I'm just waiting for them to call Arkansas.

LOL.

I was against the health care bill, very pro-2nd amendment still a democrat and right wingers call me a "librul".

Then again I'm strongly pro-choice... but Hell we can't all agree on everything.

I think the big story tonight is the establishment of both parties getting the middle finger from the electorate.

Rand Paul and Joe Sestak both were running against their own party establishments and won pretty nicely. I consider that a good sign for this nation.

Far more likely liberals would call you a WING NUT.

I agree - the establishment is getting shaken up, but most of that shaking is taking place under the Obama Tree, and we are finding it to be a near-rootless tree prone to toppling! :eusa_pray:

LOL.

Who's to say he would have voted against it had he been in the House at the time, though? And as far as the 2nd Amendment goes, you guys can keep beating that drum, but it really isnt the major issue it used to be.

LOL.

Who's to say he would have voted against it had he been in the House at the time, though? And as far as the 2nd Amendment goes, you guys can keep beating that drum, but it really isnt the major issue it used to be.

You miss the forest for the trees pard.

What is clearly shows is that he was running as an ANTI- OBAMA Democrat in order to secure a win. Democrats are realizing that in order to have a chance of winning, they must now veer toward the appearance of conservatism and hope to God they can be convincing enough...

Once again, some insight into PA-12...
___

President Obama is playing an unusual role in tomorrow's special election in Pennsylvania to replace the late Rep. Jack Murtha, king of Democratic pork barrelers. Both major party candidates are doing their best to distance themselves from Mr. Obama's policies.

It's not surprising that Republican Tim Burns would be running against the Obama White House. But Mark Critz, a former staffer to Mr. Murtha, is spending much of his time as the Democratic candidate beating up on the president's priorities too.

As a sign of just how much blue-collar districts like Mr. Murtha's are shifting, Mr. Critz sometimes appears to be trying to outflank Mr. Burns, a local businessman, on the right. He declares that he wants to be "an independent voice" and highlights how he disagrees with Washington Democrats by opposing gun control and abortion rights. But he goes further and says he would have voted against ObamaCare and the cap-and-trade climate change bill passed by the House last year. Both pieces of legislation were supported by Murtha. Nor has Mr. Critz asked President Obama to campaign for him or even sought an endorsement.

Everybody vs. Obama - WSJ.com

May or may not be a bellweather, but it was an election GOoPers were touting as a must-win.

Really?

A "Must Win"????

Who said that?

Well, looking back at the link I posted in the OP, it appears I was mistaken, at least as far as that particular phrase goes. No Republicans were quoted as saying it's a "must-win", other talking heads were.

And as for the gift that keeps on giving....

The NRCC has spent $958,897 -- one tenth of their cash on hand -- and nine (9) shady outside groups have spent more than $445,000 to defeat Democrat Mark Critz. Republican Committee Chairman Michael Steele guaranteed victory for Republican Tim Burns.

:D

LOL.

Irrelevant. A Democrat win helps us keep the House, because it's highly unlikely this guy will be kicked out in November. Democratic control of the House helps us move our Progressive ideas.

And by the way, I'M PRO 2ND AMMENDMENT. You can't broadbrush everyone with the same philosophies just because they're a liberal or a progressive or a democrat.

LOL.

Far more likely liberals would call you a WING NUT.

I agree - the establishment is getting shaken up, but most of that shaking is taking place under the Obama Tree, and we are finding it to be a near-rootless tree prone to toppling! :eusa_pray:

I get shit from both sides. Go figure.

And yeah, of course Obama's getting shit right now, so's Mitch down in Kentucky. Obama now represents the establishment, because he IS the establishment.

All the cheap talk about "change" was bull and the people caught on all of a sudden.

The base is pissed. The rest of the country is pissed. The right was always pissed.

The establishments of both parties are catching Hell, for this reason.

johnmurtha20080318.jpg

OO-RAH!!!!!!!

How are we doing on thining the current Congressional herd? Looks like that is happening a fair amount today.

We'll see what happens. I'm more interested whether Sestak or Specter will win the Senate nomination. I still cant decide which is the lesser of two evils there.
bush_coronation.jpg

You can have him (back....where he belongs), Republicans!!!

I love this argument.. the right has to lean farther left to beat the far left.....

UH... say, uh ...nnnn WHAT?

Forum List

Back