Oyster Prices

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I remember that in 1976 it was a thing for a local store we order our oysters from to sell a gallon of oysters (selects) this time of year for $19.76 to celebrate the Centennial.

That's $106.63 in today's money.

A gallon of oysters (selects) this year was $175.00 at the same store.....Up $30.00 a gallon from last year....Thanks Biden.

I remember that in 1976 it was a thing for a local store we order our oysters from to sell a gallon of oysters (selects) this time of year for $19.76.

A gallon of oysters (selects) this year was $175.00 at the same store.....Up $30.00 a gallon from last year....Thanks Biden.
You really are a sophist dumbshit.

Industrialization and dredging of the waters in England led to overfishing, and as more people moved to the coast, more and more sewage ended up dumped in oyster-growing waters. Soon, there were outbreaks of typhoid and other diseases, and many oyster beds had to be closed.

Why Oysters Are so Expensive Now and Why They Used to Be Cheap​

I remember that in 1976 it was a thing for a local store we order our oysters from to sell a gallon of oysters (selects) this time of year for $19.76 to celebrate the Centennial.

Makes me wonder what a gallon of oysters weighs.
1703369079784.png

Conservatives tend to live in the past.

The present and future are rooted in the past. If you don't know where you came from, how can you know where you are going?

Worse--- 99.99999% of our lives and development all lie in our past--- the future does not yet exist, the present is but a blink, here and gone, leaving only our past.

Forum List

Back