Oy. So much for cheaper labor.

I guess you had to be here to understand what I am complaining about. It took 2 old people 20 minutes to move some river rocks around a juniper bush. The area was stated in the OP. The weeding area was about the size of my bathroom floor. Why did I want someone to do it for me? My wrists have a hissy due to the RA and my back cannot do the up and down thing with lifting medium size rocks and there were about 25 of them. So yeah...it took a 62 year old and a 67 year old to do it in 20 minutes, but 5 years ago, it would have taken me alone, 8 minutes.
And the point is...DAYUM! That is STILL a high price!
Most yard workers charge outrageous rates for even very simple work these days and I never really understood why.

The end result is that you are not going to get any jobs. Just to cut my grass would cost over a hundred bucks a month for 2 cuts. The same costs less than half and with more service in CA. It takes around 10 minuets to do the job - I am not spending that kind of money for a ten minute job and I doubt a whole lot of others are as well.
Costs me 75 per cut.
with my size lawn (small) that is way to much

I guess you had to be here to understand what I am complaining about. It took 2 old people 20 minutes to move some river rocks around a juniper bush. The area was stated in the OP. The weeding area was about the size of my bathroom floor. Why did I want someone to do it for me? My wrists have a hissy due to the RA and my back cannot do the up and down thing with lifting medium size rocks and there were about 25 of them. So yeah...it took a 62 year old and a 67 year old to do it in 20 minutes, but 5 years ago, it would have taken me alone, 8 minutes.
And the point is...DAYUM! That is STILL a high price!
Most yard workers charge outrageous rates for even very simple work these days and I never really understood why.

The end result is that you are not going to get any jobs. Just to cut my grass would cost over a hundred bucks a month for 2 cuts. The same costs less than half and with more service in CA. It takes around 10 minuets to do the job - I am not spending that kind of money for a ten minute job and I doubt a whole lot of others are as well.
Costs me 75 per cut.
with my size lawn (small) that is way to much
How big is your lawn?

Forum List

Back