Outrageous! Congress acts to remove bust of Dred Scott decision author, Chief Justice Roger B. Taney

How is that fundamentally different? The Assyrians also practices slavery, BTW.
When you destroy a statue with dynamite is it demolished. Removing a statue to another location preserves the statue for display at another, more suitable location.

The institution of slavery is engrained in most all of human history. BFD!

Statues celebrating Roger Taney as an example of our society's aspirations and ideals should have been taken down long, long ago.

He is a historical figure whose decisions helped foment the start of the war. If nothing else, students of history could look at his imagine and say "So that's what that POS looked like!" We should never forget what he stood for.

I find this appalling. Chief Justice Roger Taney was an advocate for White civil rights. This is a travesty by removing this patriotic historical figure from the capitol. The founders and first Congress never intended for blacks to be citizens of the new country. Only White people. It should have stayed that way.
Congress_Taney_51313

He was a racist and so are you. The founding fathers said nothing about a white only America. Whatever is left of his body should be thrown into a garbage dump.

~~~~~~
My question to Democrats is when will they remove the statue of former KKK recruiter Robert Byrd from the Senate hall and change the names of his many federal buildings, bridges and road in West Virginia.
Thats a great question

Now we can listen to the crickets chirp in lib la la land

The founding fathers said nothing about a white only America.
Yes they did and now I'm going to prove how uneducated and stupid you are. The founders wanted free White people as the only citizens for the newly created United States of America. It's stated in the Naturalization Act of 1790, the first legislation by the first Congress:

The Naturalization Act of 1790 (1 Stat. 103, enacted March 26, 1790) is a law of the United States Congress that sets the first uniform rules for the granting of United States citizenship by naturalization. The law limits naturalization to "free White person(s) ... of good character", thus excluding Native Americans, indentured servants, slaves, free black people, and Asians.

I think they don't want reminders of tyrants and oppressors.
~~~~~~
Then why did Democrats erect the very statues they are ripping down and desecrating their graves, including naming our military bases after Confederate generals?

**********​
**********​
**********​

~~~~~~
Then why did Democrats erect the very statues they are ripping down and desecrating their graves, including naming our military bases after Confederate generals?

**********​
**********​
**********​
Times change.

~~~~~~
My question to Democrats is when will they remove the statue of former KKK recruiter Robert Byrd from the Senate hall and change the names of his many federal buildings, bridges and road in West Virginia.
Remove everything except for a statue to Washington.

Conservatives who post lies about ‘woke,’ ‘revisionist history,’ and history being ‘destroyed,’ you only exhibit your ignorance and stupidity.

The Dred Scott decision and Taney’s infamous opinion will forever be documented by the 14th Amendment, codifying the fact that all persons born or naturalized in the United States are citizens of the United States.

I find it distasteful to hide such a disgusting chapter in our history of cruelty to man. We should learn from history not hide from it.
And we’re not.

Enshrining the likes of Taney in the Capitol Building does a disservice to history and impedes future generations from leaning from this disgusting chapter in our history.

Indeed, the lesson will be much more powerful and compelling with a bust of Justice Marshall, whose ancestors, enslaved Americans, were wrongfully considered to not be citizens.

Statues celebrating Roger Taney as an example of our society's aspirations and ideals should have been taken down long, long ago.
I don't think so. I think all those statues of piece of shit racist Democrats like Roger Taney and confederates should stay up and have big Democratic party of slavery D symbols emblazoned on them for educational purposes.

Forum List

Back