House votes to REMOVE all Confederate statues from Congress

Oh look, the bitter nobody who is upset slavery went away is an authority on Constitutional law. You beg and beg for proof then whine like a little bitch "yeahbut yeahbut..."
All history is subject to revision, dumbass.
It's not subject to childish lies by bitter, impotent fools.
You've devolved to pure ad hominems. That's what you always do whenever you're losing.

Oh look, the bitter nobody who is upset slavery went away is an authority on Constitutional law. You beg and beg for proof then whine like a little bitch "yeahbut yeahbut..."
You've devolved to pure ad hominems. That's what you always do whenever you're losing.
Once again, YOU have lost this same argument over and over again. The traitorous scum who started the American Civil War never represented anything other than a criminal organization threatening the UNITED States of America. The 'confederacy' was never a sovereign entity, and those states they temporarily occupied (against the will of many, many loyal Americans in those states and the nation as a whole) never left the Union. Every state occupied by the traitorous scumbags of the so-called 'confederacy' had regiments of loyal Americans who fought against their criminal acts. The traitorous scumbags got a fraction of what they had coming.

Look at a map before the war, look at a map after the war, read Texas v White, and shut the fuck up, loser.

Once again, YOU have lost this same argument over and over again. The traitorous scum who started the American Civil War never represented anything other than a criminal organization threatening the UNITED States of America. The 'confederacy' was never a sovereign entity, and those states they temporarily occupied (against the will of many, many loyal Americans in those states and the nation as a whole) never left the Union. Every state occupied by the traitorous scumbags of the so-called 'confederacy' had regiments of loyal Americans who fought against their criminal acts. The traitorous scumbags got a fraction of what they had coming.

Look at a map before the war, look at a map after the war, read Texas v White, and shut the fuck up, loser.
You can stamp your feet and declare your theories correct all you like, but that doesn't prove. You have presented no facts or logic that support your case. Your opinion is proof of nothing.

Funny, the vets of that war, from the Union side, didn't mind.

What moral authority do you have, that is greater than that of the people that fought and bled to save teh union and free the slaves?
If you speak for the United States troops who were killed defending the nation, please explain your authority to do so.

I'm not speaking for them, I am pointing to their actions which demonstrate that they were fine with it.

I ask again, what moral authority do you have that out weights theirs?

I'm not speaking for them, I am pointing to their actions which demonstrate that they were fine with it.
You have no evidence that they were "fine with it."

Who?
Please provide your link to what "they" said.
Again, when I take exception to monuments erected on United States public land to honor individuals who rejected the United States Constitution and waged war against the United States, slaughtering United States military who defended the United States, I only speak for myself.

Statues erected by avowed racists during the Jim Crow era have no place anywhere in America today in my opinion.

The most recent comprehensive study of Confederate statues and monuments across the country was published by the Southern Poverty Law Center last year. A look at this chart shows huge spikes in construction twice during the 20th century: in the early 1900s, and then again in the 1950s and 60s. Both were times of extreme civil rights tension.​
In the early 1900s, states were enacting Jim Crow laws to disenfranchise black Americans. In the middle part of the century, the civil rights movement pushed back against that segregation...​
The executive director of the American Historical Association, says that the increase in statues and monuments was clearly meant to send a message.​
"These statues were meant to create legitimate garb for white supremacy," Grossman said. "Why would you put a statue of Robert E. Lee or Stonewall Jackson in 1948 in Baltimore?"
Alexander Stephens, who would go on to become vice president of the Confederacy: "[Our new government's] foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man," Stevens said, in Savannah, Ga. "That slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition."
To build Confederate statues... in public spaces, near government buildings, and especially in front of court houses, was a "power play" meant to intimidate those looking to come to the "seat of justice or the seat of the law."
Statues to losers who were the sworn enemies of the United States defiling the United States, are odious to American values.

You have no evidence that they were "fine with it."

Who?
Please provide your link to what "they" said.
Again, when I take exception to monuments erected on United States public land to honor individuals who rejected the United States Constitution and waged war against the United States, slaughtering United States military who defended the United States, I only speak for myself.

Statues erected by avowed racists during the Jim Crow era have no place anywhere in America today in my opinion.

The most recent comprehensive study of Confederate statues and monuments across the country was published by the Southern Poverty Law Center last year. A look at this chart shows huge spikes in construction twice during the 20th century: in the early 1900s, and then again in the 1950s and 60s. Both were times of extreme civil rights tension.​
In the early 1900s, states were enacting Jim Crow laws to disenfranchise black Americans. In the middle part of the century, the civil rights movement pushed back against that segregation...​
The executive director of the American Historical Association, says that the increase in statues and monuments was clearly meant to send a message.​
"These statues were meant to create legitimate garb for white supremacy," Grossman said. "Why would you put a statue of Robert E. Lee or Stonewall Jackson in 1948 in Baltimore?"
Alexander Stephens, who would go on to become vice president of the Confederacy: "[Our new government's] foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man," Stevens said, in Savannah, Ga. "That slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition."
To build Confederate statues... in public spaces, near government buildings, and especially in front of court houses, was a "power play" meant to intimidate those looking to come to the "seat of justice or the seat of the law."
Statues to losers who were the sworn enemies of the United States defiling the United States, are odious to American values.

1. I posted a picture from the joint Union/Confederate veterans reunion held in Gettsyburgh with union and confederate veterans standing there getting their picture taken together with both the American FLag and the Confederate Flag flying.

What more do you want?

2. Teh veterans of hte war, the generation that actually had to fight the war, decided to accept it. I ask again, what moral authority do you have that is greater than theirs?

1. I posted a picture from the joint Union/Confederate veterans reunion held in Gettsyburgh with union and confederate veterans standing there getting their picture taken together with both the American FLag and the Confederate Flag flying.
So you are claiming that a few guys posing for a picture meant that they all endorsed monuments later being erected by racists on United States soil to be endured in perpetuity? That does not follow.
2. Teh veterans of hte war, the generation that actually had to fight the war, decided to accept it. I ask again, what moral authority do you have that is greater than theirs?
What right do you have to speak for them when you are unable to contrive any statement by them indicting that they were okay with racists imposing monuments upon United States soil to individuals who rejected the United States and killed United States troops who were defending the United States?

You are claiming that they have the right to dictate to Americans today what they must endure, as well as making up their affection for racist monuments.

That's the equivalent of telling Americans that they must tolerate statues of King George III erected by diehard monarchists because some conservatives opposed the American Revolution.

That was then; this is now.

So you are claiming that a few guys posing for a picture meant that they all endorsed monuments later being erected by racists on United States soil to be endured in perpetuity? That does not follow.
What right do you have to speak for them when you are unable to contrive any statement by them indicting that they were okay with racists imposing monuments upon United States soil to individuals who rejected the United States and killed United States troops who were defending the United States?

You are claiming that they have the right to dictate to Americans today what they must endure, as well as making up their affection for racist monuments.

That's the equivalent of telling Americans that they must tolerate statues of King George III erected by diehard monarchists because some conservatives opposed the American Revolution.

That was then; this is now.

1. Those "few guys" were part of a massive reunion, organized by the state of Pennsylvania and supported by 33 states, without over 50k attendees. It was part of a policy of reconciliation and it healed the wounds of the war and helped unite the united states again.

2. I am not speaking for them. I am pointing to their actions and letting them speak for themselves.

3. i ask again, what moral authority do you have that out weights theirs?

If the confederacy was not a sovereign entity, then why wasn't it paying taxes into the federal treasury?

Obviously, your claim is bullshit.

1. Those "few guys" were part of a massive reunion, organized by the state of Pennsylvania and supported by 33 states, without over 50k attendees. It was part of a policy of reconciliation and it healed the wounds of the war and helped unite the united states again.

2. I am not speaking for them. I am pointing to their actions and letting them speak for themselves.

Your love of public monuments honoring defeated enemies of the United States erected by racists on United States soil is indefensible.

You can't point to reconciliations after World War II and pretend that is justification for Hideki Tojo statues in Steubenville.

Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 11.57.11 AM.png

Your love of public monuments honoring defeated enemies of the United States erected by racists on United States soil is indefensible.

You can't point to reconciliations after World War II and pretend that is justification for Hideki Tojo statues in Steubenville.

Different situations in different times and different places involving different people were handled differently?

What a shock.

My point stands. Those that actually paid the price to defeat the confederacy and save the union, were fine with their former foes and now fellow citizens, celebrating their symbols.

My question stands. What moral authority do you have, that out weights theirs?

Different situations in different times and different places involving different people were handled differently?

What a shock.

My point stands. Those that actually paid the price to defeat the confederacy and save the union, were fine with their former foes and now fellow citizens, celebrating their symbols.

Personal reconciliations after wars do not license avowed racists erecting monuments to enemies of the United States in the United States decades later.

If you are thrilled by it, so be it.

What a shock.

Personal reconciliations after wars do not license avowed racists erecting monuments to enemies of the United States in the United States decades later.

If you are thrilled by it, so be it.

It was not a series of "personal reconciliations". It was the nation as a whole, choosing reconciliation.

ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION. WHAT IS YOUR MORAL AUTHORITY THAT IS GREATER THAN THEIRS?

There you go again. You are presented with facts and you just ignore them and cry "no facts!" over and over again like some stupid little child. They were wrong. They lost. You are wrong. You lost. Again.

There you go again. You are presented with facts and you just ignore them and cry "no facts!" over and over again like some stupid little child. They were wrong. They lost. You are wrong. You lost. Again.
You claim they are facts, but you post nothing to support your claim.

Stamping your foot and insisting you're right doesn't prove a thing, moron.

You claim they are facts, but you post nothing to support your claim.

Stamping your foot and insisting you're right doesn't prove a thing, moron.
It is posted over and over again and you choose to ignore it. Forget it dimwit, you can't change reality.

Forum List

Back