House votes to REMOVE all Confederate statues from Congress

Jim H - VA USA

Plutonium Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 19, 2020
Interesting that 120 Republicans voted against this campaign to tear down these statues of Democrats and erase our country's history.

Pretty sure that the Communists did similar.

House votes to REMOVE all Confederate statues from Congress and replace a bust of Chief Justice Roger Taney with Thurgood Marshall - despite opposition from 120 Republicans​

• Bill will remove statues and busts of Confederacy supporters from Congress
  • It includes a bust of Roger Taney, the U.S. chief justice best known for his Dred Scott pro-slavery decision
  • The statue of the President of the Confederacy Jefferson Davis will also go
  • Democrats were unanimous in their support for the bill and were joined by 67 Republicans, with the bill passed by a vote of 285-120.
  • 'Let me state a simple fact. All the statues being removed by this bill are statues of Democrats,' House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy said before the vote
1625062316500.png

When is the best time to remove statues of treasonous racists from the halls of government?

I would say now is the best time.

• 'Let me state a simple fact. All the statues being removed by this bill are statues of Democrats,' House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy said before the vote
Then Republicans should be in favor of it.

When is the best time to remove statues of treasonous racists from the halls of government?

“When is the best time to remove statues of treasonous racists from the halls of government?”

Probably when you have a Kenyan President...no?
Question for you....Will all the senseless theatrics improve black behavior?

You mean now when Democrats are stupid enough to believe anything as long as racist and/or white supremacy is used.

I love you guys. All of the men and women who have ph uked with others in all sides are quiet now. Saving their savagery for their salary, benefits and pensions. And destroying anyone in their way. However there are millions and millions who have not seem justice from this. And that is why the nation will die.

“When is the best time to remove statues of treasonous racists from the halls of government?”

Can't speak to this changing anything, but I'm sure black Democrats will be happy to know that slaveholders are not standing watch over these halls any longer. Can't say how Tim Scott will feel.

I am not in favor of canceling history, nor am I in favor of exalting treasonous racists. I don't think you'll find statues of Rommel and Guderian in the Reichstag.

Can't speak to this changing anything, but I'm sure black Democrats will be happy to know that slaveholders are not standing watch over these halls any longer. Can't say how Tim Scott will feel.

I am not in favor of canceling history, nor am I in favor of exalting treasonous racists. I don't think you'll find statues of Rommel and Guderian in the Reichstag.
How do you feel about all the statues depicting Spanish Conquistadors and Aztecs?

I want you to let hundreds of millions in here. And more. Pushing vengeance towards l.c.i.. And those macho muthas are silent right now. O.B.I.T. lives in surveillance. Ask them. The surveillance in all ways is expanding exponientaly. Destroy others and you will be destroyed. The target is anywhere we go. Meet me at dystopian authoritarian servitude. I live for the extermination of l.c.i. personnel who screwed me over. You know where I am at. End it.

There are entire museums dedicated to Hitler you dumbass.

A wise people are not bound by the mistakes made throughout history. What you judge as evil/bad today was the norm for its time. Erasing history changes nothing but your feelings.

I want you to let hundreds of millions in here. And more. Pushing vengeance towards l.c.i.. And those macho muthas are silent right now. O.B.I.T. lives in surveillance. Ask them. The surveillance in all ways is expanding exponientaly. Destroy others and you will be destroyed. The target is anywhere we go. Meet me at dystopian authoritarian servitude. I live for the extermination of l.c.i. personnel who screwed me over. You know where I am at. End it.

Take your meds and lie down.

odanny

Yet you will find a statue of Lenin in Seattle...go figure.

There are entire museums dedicated to Hitler you dumbass.

A wise people are not bound by the mistakes made throughout history. What you judge as evil/bad today was the norm for its time. Erasing history changes nothing but your feelings.
It doesn't change shit for me, I could give two fucks if they leave those statues there. It probably means something for African Americans in Congress, but I don't really care either way.

Perhaps we should also dedicate museums to Confederates in the same way Germans have to Nazi's. Great suggestion.

I think pronouns are more important

Interesting that 120 Republicans voted against this campaign to tear down these statues of Democrats and erase our country's history.

Pretty sure that the Communists did similar.

House votes to REMOVE all Confederate statues from Congress and replace a bust of Chief Justice Roger Taney with Thurgood Marshall - despite opposition from 120 Republicans​

• Bill will remove statues and busts of Confederacy supporters from Congress
  • It includes a bust of Roger Taney, the U.S. chief justice best known for his Dred Scott pro-slavery decision
  • The statue of the President of the Confederacy Jefferson Davis will also go
  • Democrats were unanimous in their support for the bill and were joined by 67 Republicans, with the bill passed by a vote of 285-120.
View attachment 507268

Jefferson Davis and James George have no business being remembered in the capital.

Cant we just remove the treasonous racists (AKA) Democrats from the halls of government and leave the statues alone?

Forum List

Back