Our wonderful postal service

eagle7-31

Diamond Member
Mar 24, 2020

has security concerns with mailboxes. Just a week before election day. Gee wiz.

The U.S. Postal Service has announced that it has a security problem with its blue mailboxes:

According to 24/7 Wall Street, a personal finance site:

The U.S. Postal Service (USPS) has warned people not to use its blue boxes on specific dates. It particularly warned about the chances of theft from these on Sundays and holidays.
The USPS's warning suggested how people dodge the trouble. “If customers simply used retail service or inside wall drop slots to send their U.S. Mail, instead of depositing it to sit outside overnight or through the weekend, blue collection boxes would not be as enticing after business hours to mail thieves for identity theft and check-washing schemes.”
As a solution, people should go to their local post office or put mail in boxes after the last dispatch time.
Which is pretty queasy-making news, considering that election officials are asking voters to deposit their mail-in ballots with these same blue mail boxes with all these security problems.

The news comes at an inconvenient time, given that midterms are about a week away now.

The news is strikingly credible, because it's focused on consumer finance, and the security focus is on the mailing of checks.

A Google search of the matter shows that mail break-ins are being investigated in many places, and Postal Service warnings are going out through local radio stations in places such as Texas, New York, Indiana, California, Pennsylvania, Alabama -- to take just a random search. It suggests a rather widespread problem that hasn't been gotten under control, and they're under intense pressure from upset customers.

Meanwhile, over in electionville, Washington authorities are touting the wonderfulness of mail-in balloting, claiming it's utterly safe, convenient, and secure.

If a mailpiece, as they call it, is not secure from thieves who steal checks, why would a mail-in ballot be secure from political operatives fanatically committed to ensuring that their candidate wins by any means necessary?

Somehow, it's secure from one group and not the other? It suggests there are problems already and the with the post office had no choice but to warn consumers about them now, so maybe the voters should be warned as well -- before we hear the coming drivel about safest, securest elections in history.

I have NEVER used my mailbox for anything important. I am almost always at home when the mail comes and I take it out of the box immediately.

And I rarely use the blue boxes. If it's important, it's worth a trip inside the post office.

I have NEVER used my mailbox for anything important. I am almost always at home when the mail comes and I take it out of the box immediately.
You are not the only one. Which is why I vote in person on election day. I voted absentee a couple of times with no problems so far as I know. Will NEVER try this mail in BS.

Common sense should tell you to take your mail inside the PO after hours on a Saturday or on Sunday. Even on Holidays.

I've seen the drive-up boxes outside my PO so full on a early Monday morning that stuff was hanging out of them......Fuckin' people are morons.

You are not the only one. Which is why I vote in person on election day. I voted absentee a couple of times with no problems so far as I know. Will NEVER try this mail in BS.

Voting in WA State was miserable, especially after 2020. I now live in South Dakota where mail-in voting doesn't exist, except for bona fide absentee voters. My vote finally counts!

The U.S. Postal Service has announced that it has a security problem with its blue mailboxes:

According to 24/7 Wall Street, a personal finance site:

Which is pretty queasy-making news, considering that election officials are asking voters to deposit their mail-in ballots with these same blue mail boxes with all these security problems.

The news comes at an inconvenient time, given that midterms are about a week away now.

The news is strikingly credible, because it's focused on consumer finance, and the security focus is on the mailing of checks.

A Google search of the matter shows that mail break-ins are being investigated in many places, and Postal Service warnings are going out through local radio stations in places such as Texas, New York, Indiana, California, Pennsylvania, Alabama -- to take just a random search. It suggests a rather widespread problem that hasn't been gotten under control, and they're under intense pressure from upset customers.

Meanwhile, over in electionville, Washington authorities are touting the wonderfulness of mail-in balloting, claiming it's utterly safe, convenient, and secure.

If a mailpiece, as they call it, is not secure from thieves who steal checks, why would a mail-in ballot be secure from political operatives fanatically committed to ensuring that their candidate wins by any means necessary?

Somehow, it's secure from one group and not the other? It suggests there are problems already and the with the post office had no choice but to warn consumers about them now, so maybe the voters should be warned as well -- before we hear the coming drivel about safest, securest elections in history.
I have never had any problems with the U.S. Mail ever, and probably shipped/received somewhere around $60K worth of odds and ends over the years.

Voting in WA State was miserable, especially after 2020. I now live in South Dakota where mail-in voting doesn't exist, except for bona fide absentee voters. My vote finally counts!
Sadly here in Pennsylvania we have messed up mail bs system thanks to those GOP dimbulbs in the legislature.

I don't have a mailbox, problem solved!

~S~
Read the OP.....It's the blue USPS metal boxes.

You know:

OIF.RSnuHqhJgpzpUW9nSrhUaA

Finally!!!! A right winger is honest about the issues with voting in PA.

Thank You!....I really mean it.
Sure. the GOP jerks in the legislature believed demrat lies about it being secure and the same demats took the law to court and got whatever security protocols throw out.

the blue boxes that are most susceptible to vandalism are the ones out in the city sitting by themselves.....i had 5 on my route that were removed because of constant vandalism.....those things are pretty tough to break into...

Forum List

Back