Our Solar/Alt Energy Future

That shot is from a place where loggers are not held to any environmental standards Grumbles. That is not the norm everywhere

~S~
That's what they did here. Knocked down all the oaks and everything just to get to the planted pine.

It wasn't my backyard, it was my hunting spot in a national forest.
The same is happening in my State Forest hunting ground. Clear cutting may be good for the deer but that acreage becomes inaccessible to hunters as it soon becomes an impenetrable thicket. Or in many areas it never recovers at all and is not fit habitat for anything. Sustainable forestry is anathema to both logging companies and state governments that want to maximize profits at any cost.

There's a saying among loggers, "We're not here to make the woods look pretty."

Last edited:
  1. If every American home replaced just one light bulb with an Energy Star bulb, the amount of energy saved could light more than 3 million homes for a year.​

look, they've been sayin' this for decades Woodz

many poco's will send a customer a nastygram re> , 'you're usage is more than your neighbors' :mad:

then they call a spark up, retro the whole house, appliances, lights, you name it

and get the same nastygram a year later....o_O

~S~
That because every new generation begins by wasting energy, until they finally 'see the light' (pun intended). :auiqs.jpg:

Schellenberger is an ignorant, sold out, two-faced jackass. Gee, why remain a genuine environmentalist when one can gain so much more wealth and notoriety by talking nonsense? What's hilarious is how the haters here have been painting solar power promoters as idiotic for trying to ameliorate the negative impacts of climate change technologically, when that's exactly what this boob argues for along with apparently unlimited population growth and nukes being spotlessly clean / too cheap to meter. What a load of crap.

Dec 28, 2022 — In North Carolina, the utility Duke Energy instituted rolling blackouts. While Texas was able to keep the lights on despite the cold weather ( ...
Both red states that resist government in favor of privatized industry, correct?

We all know, at least those of us who consume actual news media, that Texas has separated from the national grid and privatized their utility, with disastrous results. I would bet there is a similar fuckup in NC.

IIRC, the last time the solar fields popped up was during the Obama administration's tax giveaway, maybe '09
That's bullshit. There are solar fields installed all over, many per year. I just finished posting the news about FP&L in Florida. 60 of them, 10 in the past year, with 6 more to go this year. And that's just one company.

And a Republican bitching about a tax giveaway? Do you have an honest bone in your body?

The Green Stimulus in 2009 was not a tax giveaway, regardless. It was a stimulus, and a damn good one.

Here is my post from 2017:

A lot of them were direct benefits to small businesses. It was designed that way. Remember, it was a Green stimulus?

Through that stimulus grant to my city I was able to purchase a new GE Hybrid energy water heater ($1430.00 at Lowes, now $899) and receive back from the city $1200.00 in credit on my energy bill, which meant I didn't get an electric bill for 5 months. Pretty great.

One catch: I had to hire a local plumber to professionally install it. This was by design in the stimulus: stimulate business for local companies. They charged me an outrageous $400, but look what I got: professional installation and a new 50 gallon water heater that costs an EnergyGuide average of $198 per year instead of the $600-$800 per year with my old Kenmore. All for $630.

And GE sold another cutting edge tech water heater. Helping their profits.

And Lowes had another water heater sale. Helping their profits.

And my local plumber had a $400 job on the books. Helping their profits.

And that's the 2009 Stimulus Act in a nutshell.

And that water heater is still going strong, 13 years later.

Now show me any Republican tax cut that had these provisions and mandates attached, in order to actually do what they claim it would do. You can't. Because Republican tax cuts ARE just tax giveaways, no strings attached.

All that just for your neighbor's solar powered path lights? You sure?
Not just my neighbor's (which neither have BTW), but for my own as well.

Yes, I'm sure.

Plastic is a large part of the material used in such and plastic comes from hydrocarbons (mostly petroleum and also natural gas), incorrectly referred to as "fossil fuels"*, via mining material~manufacture~transports~marketing, etc.

Most of our modern world is built upon plastics so there is only so much hydrocarbon(petroleum) resources that can be replaced/eliminated before quality of life and sustaining agriculture decline significantly.

I encourage you and others of your kind(ilk) to lead the way and forego petroleum influence in your lives and lifestyles. Bare naked in the wilderness, digging grubs and eating bugs is the lifestyle you seem to expect of others but deserve more for yourselves.

*"Fossil Fuels" is a term promoted by fossil minds.
FWIW, ethanol and wood are hardly "fossil" yet are major hydrocarbon resources used in current industry and lifestyles.

Not just my neighbor's (which neither have BTW), but for my own as well.

Yes, I'm sure.

Plastic is a large part of the material used in such and plastic comes from hydrocarbons (mostly petroleum and also natural gas), incorrectly referred to as "fossil fuels"*, via mining material~manufacture~transports~marketing, etc.

Most of our modern world is built upon plastics so there is only so much hydrocarbon(petroleum) resources that can be replaced/eliminated before quality of life and sustaining agriculture decline significantly.

I encourage you and others of your kind(ilk) to lead the way and forego petroleum influence in your lives and lifestyles. Bare naked in the wilderness, digging grubs and eating bugs is the lifestyle you seem to expect of others but deserve more for yourselves.

FWIW, ethanol and wood are hardly "fossil" yet are major hydrocarbon resources used in current industry and lifestyles.
Natural gas: Earth farts.

they've switched to refitting it all with cheap, delta-wye circuitry instead of sticking with the much safer, more reliable delta-delta standard that had always worked just fine prior.
delta, especially high leg delta on the secondary side has been a thing of the past now so long it should be a museum attraction

delta on the high side of poco xformer's and distribution is obvious due to 4 wires , not 3

~S~

actually, oil was never a 'fossil fuel' at all Stryder....~S~

delta, especially high leg delta on the secondary side has been a thing of the past now so long it should be a museum attraction

delta on the high side of poco xformer's and distribution is obvious due to 4 wires , not 3

~S~
And if you gave a crap you'd buy this e-book and study it to better understand related problems in your field.

actually, oil was never a 'fossil fuel' at all Stryder....~S~
In the so-called minds of the wobbly 'Greenies' and other deadwoods, it is and always has been. Despite their claims about "science", precision of terms is not their strong suit.
Speaking of precision, I believe the term should be petroleum, not "oil".

Forum List

Back