Our Country Music Chat

Go here for a rather interesting piece of news concerning Jennifer Nettles of the Sugarland duo.

God bless you and her and Kristian always!!!

Holly

P.S. I've never been a big fan of the act but I did see what I believe was Jennifer's first acting role, The Coat Of Many Colors that is, and I thought that she did a wonderful job playing Mrs. Parton. :) :) :)

Go here for the latest concerning Morgan Wallen.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly (an east Tennessean like him)

P.S. I will admit that I am not a huge fan of him, but I do love his song named "Seven Summers Ago". :) :) :)

Go here for a rather interesting write up concerning the song named "Purple Rain". Apparently, several singers in Nashville decided to give it the salute that they thought it deserved.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

I glanced thru the thread (time permitting).

Most of this is not REAL COUNTRY? More like AM top 40 pop?
George Jones, Loretta Lynn, Hank Williams SR. are REAL COUNTRY.

Earlier today, Rascal Flatts announced that the tour that they do this year will be their farewell tour after being on the radio for the past 20 years now. Go here for the news clip and their tour dates.

Country music stars Rascal Flatts announce farewell tour after 20 years together

I was able to see them back in 2003 when they opened for Kenny Chesney during his Neyland Stadium show in Knoxville, TN. They were awesome. My most favorite song from them is “While You Loved Me”.

God bless you and the guys and Kenny always!!!

Holly

P.S. Am I the only person here who realizes that they never once were given a Grammy award? “Bless The Broken Road” was named Best Country Song, but that award never goes to the singer. The guys were able score four nominations in the Best Country Duo/Group Performance category, but currently that may be as far as their Grammy road has taken them. (shrugs)
They've given us a lot of great songs. Hopefully the lead signer goes solo or becomes a cast member on the Voice.

Go here for the latest concerning Kenny Chesney.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly
What is it about Kenny Chesney that's mysterious? I want to know more about the guy. I'm fascinated with what is he really like? I think there is a movie where the main character is obsessed with Kenny. Love his music. I wonder if he writes his own stuff or is he just part of the Kenny Chesney machine?

I'm fascinated with all these country guys with their great voices. It's awful rare for guys to have voices like they all do. Were they really popular when they were in high school? Garth probably wasn't. He's short and bald. But Blake Sheldon, Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan's. Did they all have those voices in junior high?

^^^ I know that Kenny is an awesome songwriter and Gary Levox of Rascal Flatts already has some solo material out there. An EP named One On One is out there as well as a song named "Get Down Like That".

Go here for the latest concerning John Rich of Big & Rich.

God bless you and the guys of country music always!!!

Holly

Here is a performer I do remember and almost forgot. Interesting life she had, married at 13 years old they were two working-class kids who made good. Not all teen marriages work out as with finding success. She was a fine singer and thought I would share it. Anyone else remember her?

Forum List

Back