Oscar Winner Viola Davis Says in Hollywood You Have to Be a ‘Black Version of a White Ideal’ or White to Succeed

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
77b3a0a22818e071c8d41f083ac81da0.gif

Apparently the left likes to stereotype blacks for some reason.

"Academy Award-winning actress Viola Davis says “you either have to be a black female version of a white ideal, or you have to be white” in order to succeed in Hollywood — an industry that claims to be liberal and inclusive. Davis is the latest in an ever growing list of Hollywood women who have accused the entertainment industry of racism and sexism.
Davis noted that many of the characters she fit the description for were drug-addicted mothers, and that the “pretty” or sexualized roles were never given to her, even when the producers were black."
In summation: Hollywood likes to stick to black stereotypes at all times in movies. Black stereotypes meaning what white people usually think blacks should be like.

Just act like you're in the groove and remember that all blacks can sing and dance.....at least in movies.

the-help-emma-stone-viola-davis.jpg

View attachment 632726

"Academy Award-winning actress Viola Davis says “you either have to be a black female version of a white ideal, or you have to be white” in order to succeed in Hollywood — an industry that claims to be liberal and inclusive. Davis is the latest in an ever growing list of Hollywood women who have accused the entertainment industry of racism and sexism.
Davis noted that many of the characters she fit the description for were drug-addicted mothers, and that the “pretty” or sexualized roles were never given to her, even when the producers were black."
In summation: Hollywood likes to stick to black stereotypes at all times in movies. Black stereotypes meaning what white people usually think blacks should be like.

Just act like you're in the groove and remember that all blacks can sing and dance.....at least in movies.

View attachment 632728

Really?

1650334731843.jpeg

The right characterizes blacks also, the OP has told us how they are welfare-loving thugs who have a high rate of crime and homes without dads and they are low IQ.

I am sure she feels that way based on her own personal experiences, but it has been discussed before that the reason Hollywood is "racist" is because foreign box office makes or breaks a movie and foreign audiences really do not like movies with blacks in leads. Hollywood sees green and green only.

The right characterizes blacks also, the OP has told us how they are welfare-loving thugs who have a high rate of crime and homes without dads and they are low IQ.
I think nba tried to do a black version of friends recently. I bet viola would make fun of each of the characters.

But here’s the thing. You can’t win with them. Either we are guilty of only casting white blacks or they accuse us of casting the stereotype street black. So which is ok?

View attachment 632726

View attachment 632728

I don't think she would be considered for the part of Marilyn Monroe in the Joe DiMaggio Story. Maybe she would be considered for the Michelle Obama part in the Raping of America story.

I am sure she feels that way based on her own personal experiences, but it has been discussed before that the reason Hollywood is "racist" is because foreign box office makes or breaks a movie and foreign audiences really do not like movies with blacks in leads. Hollywood sees green and green only.
Screen Actors Guild only sees black in their diversity catalog for the Oscars.

View attachment 632726

View attachment 632728

We should ask her what should blacks be like? If it’s wrong for us to cast them as blacks who talk and act white, and we are wrong if we ask them to speak eubonics, what would be appropriate?

I say the perfect black is Dave Chappell.

I think nba tried to do a black version of friends recently. I bet viola would make fun of each of the characters.

But here’s the thing. You can’t win with them. Either we are guilty of only casting white blacks or they accuse us of casting the stereotype street black. So which is ok?
The business is run by Jews what do you expect?

No....that's Hollywood's version of what blacks are supposed to be....I.E. authentically black.
You ain't black lesson you voted for Biden.

As an actress I respect Viola's work. She was particularly good in the Jessie Stone series.

I don't think she would be considered for the part of Marilyn Monroe in the Joe DiMaggio Story. Maybe she would be considered for the Michelle Obama part in the Raping of America story.
Shave her head she can play jada pinket Smith in the movie they make about the oscars. The movie will include what led up to the smack. Jada fucking other men. Will wants us to keep his wifes name out his mouth. Let’s make a movie about her.

No....that's Hollywood's version of what blacks are supposed to be....I.E. authentically black.
You ain't black lesson you voted for Biden.
They should make a movie abou omorosa s time with trump. She voted for him. Or Herman cain. Or Ben Carson. Or colon Powell. Or condi rice. Notice every one of them is a token? Not one of them was elected by Republican voters, just appointed by white men. Tokens.

Real black Americans.

We should ask her what should blacks be like? If it’s wrong for us to cast them as blacks who talk and act white, and we are wrong if we ask them to speak eubonics, what would be appropriate?

I say the perfect black is Dave Chappell.
There is no perfect black. They come in all shapes, sizes, religions, and whatever other thing you can imagine.
They are what they are and they shouldn't have to act the way that whites or blacks want them to.

There is no perfect black. They come in all shapes, sizes, religions, and whatever other thing you can imagine.
They are what they are and they shouldn't have to act the way that whites or blacks want them to.
I’m just saying I like my blacks to have a hint of ghetto in them. Not erkle but not Charlie murphy.

Forum List

Back