OPINION: Being black means constantly rendering yourself unthreatening to white people

I was in high school. I'm 57 and no such discrimination has ever taken place against whites.
Hundreds of millions of whites have been hobbled (whole lives ruined) by affirmative action, because of their race, and continue to be, all over America, in the largest malicious racism in America, victimizing, by far, the largest group of Americans, for over 50 years now. No other racial discrimination even comes close.

AA is BANNED in 8 states. Maybe you can tell all those legislators and governors in those states that "no such discrimination has ever taken place against whites"
Just be advised of the ramifications of uttering such statements >>

th

No such discrimination has ever taken place against whites.

I was in high school. I'm 57 and no such discrimination has ever taken place against whites.
Hundreds of millions of whites have been hobbled (whole lives ruined) by affirmative action, because of their race, and continue to be, all over America, in the largest malicious racism in America, victimizing, by far, the largest group of Americans, for over 50 years now. No other racial discrimination even comes close.

AA is BANNED in 8 states. Maybe you can tell all those legislators and governors in those states that "no such discrimination has ever taken place against whites"
Just be advised of the ramifications of uttering such statements >>

th

You are fucking crazy. "Hundreds of millions"?

There are approximately 200 million white people in America, and roughly 37 million black people.

What you are claiming is mathematically questionable.

It is likely that in the 8 states that AA is not enforced in, that the proven most prosperous beneficiariesof the initiative (white females) are less successful.

Last edited:
Joy-Ann Reid Everyday racism in America: Being black means constantly rendering yourself unthreatening to white people

You mean unthreatening like Joy-Ann Reid interviewing "experts"
in regards to how to remove President Trump from the White House if he refuses to leave
even though there isn't a reason for her questions?

Opinion | Joy Reid: Everyday racism is the small, daily reminders that we're still not equal

Joy-Ann Reid Everyday racism in America: Being black means constantly rendering yourself unthreatening to white people
To be white in America is to assume ownership of public spaces. To be black is to live under constant threat of removal.

May.29.2018 / 8:23 PM ET / Updated May.30.2018 / 1:00 PM ET

[snipped]
Thus, being black or brown in America means living under that constant threat of removal. And yet there is really no way to render yourself unthreatening enough to prevent that 911 call. At the same time, you are expected to act grateful for being “allowed” to be here at all (see: Trump suggesting NFL players who kneel during the national anthem should "maybe" be deported). As if we had a choice.

Reversing everyday racism means somehow getting white Americans to recognize and cede this presumption of sole ownership of public spaces, and to see in each person of color an individual humanity. Thankfully, many of our fellow Americans have already embraced this ecumenical idea, as we can see from individual acts of ally-ship. Inside that now infamous Philadelphia Starbucks, for example, white patrons formed a chorus of outrage as police dragged two black men out in handcuffs for doing nothing more than sitting in a shared space.

Importantly, black and brown Americans cannot do this work for their white peers. The work of anti-racism can only take place inside each individual soul, where we all try to grow into better people. There is no national tonic or instant cure.
Does anyone else know if the rise in these incidents has anything to do with the government encouraging people to "see something say something" and then it turned into something else?
Opinions like that in the linked article always make me laugh. I read about how terrible everything is, then I go to work with black folks, go to dinner with black folks, hang out and drink a few cold ones with black folks, watch my kids playing and hanging with black kids, spend family get togethers with my cousins daughter and her black husband and biracial kids, golf with a good black friend every friday, go to music venues and dance with black folks, go to ball games and insult the other team with my fellow hometown fans, who happen to be black, rely on black police officers, firemen, doctors, nurses, paramedics. I then wonder, "what world do these other people live in?".
Maybe this one >>

upload_2018-6-12_7-41-41.jpeg

I never watch MSNBC ("Democratic Party headquarters," as Jay Leno once called it), but (as a fair-minded moderate), I agree with Ms. Reid that African Americans are considered "scary" by some people.

1. Maybe one's perception depends on one's age, gender, occupation, or ethnicity.

2. It probably also depends on one's personal experiences or those of one's family or friends.

3. It also depends on what one sees in the media.

In my case, my negative perception has been formed by numbers 1, 2, and 3.

I also know (from personal experiences) that some of the nicest, most tolerant, and most generous people are Americans of African ancestry.

Last edited:
I never watch MSNBC ("Democratic Party headquarters," as Jay Leno once called it), but (as a fair-minded moderate), I agree with Ms. Reid that African Americans are considered "scary" by some people.

1. Maybe one's perception depends on one's age, gender, or occupation.

2. It probably also depends on one's personal experiences or those of one's family or friends.

3. It also depends on what we see in the media.

In my case, my perception has been formed by numbers 1, 2, and 3.

I also know (from personal experiences) that some of the nicest, most tolerant, and most generous people are Americans of African ancestry.

So then why given the record of whites in this nation should we as blacks not be scared of whites?

There are approximately 200 million white people in America, and roughly 37 million black people.

It is likely that in the 8 states that AA is not enforced in, that the proven most prosperous beneficiariesof the initiative (white females) are less successful.
Not very intellectually astute, are you ? Over 50+ years, hundreds of millions (I think you heard me right) of whites have entered and left the US job market. Same with colleges, businesses, etc., all being involved with AA.

As for white females, those who benefitted from AA, are very few compared to those who have been victims (daughters, wives, mothers of discriminated against white males). Also, many white women don't get AA preference, but are just discriminated against like all other non-blacks. When I was discriminated against in college, also victims were 3 other Hispanics besides me, 2 Asians, and 5 women. Only ones who got the goodies were blacks.

We're NOT equal. Blacks have preference over whites by Affirmative Action (job hiring, job promotion, college admissions, college financial aid, business loans, etc, etc)

Anti-white discrimination still runs rampant in 42 states, where AA abomination still is not banned.
Why are you not complaining MORE about the demographic group that uses AA lots more than black Americans do?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Not very intellectually astute, are you ? Over 50+ years, hundreds of millions (I think you heard me right) of whites have entered and left the US job market. Same with colleges, businesses, etc., all being involved with AA.

As for white females, those who benefitted from AA, are very few compared to those who have been victims (daughters, wives, mothers of discriminated against white males). Also, many white women don't get AA preference, but are just discriminated against like all other non-blacks. When I was discriminated against in college, also victims were 3 other Hispanics besides me, 2 Asians, and 5 women. Only ones who got the goodies were blacks.

Anyone who ever took a class in statistics is far more rational than you are.

You have not EVER provided anything here that supports what you claim, yet there are is a plethora of information that supports the fact white females have benefitted from Affirmative Action......more than any other demographic.

Just because you are an an isolated case ( if you are even telling the truth) does npt equate to "hundreds of millions" of whites being discriminated against.

You're crazy.

You have not EVER provided anything here that supports what you claim, yet there are is a plethora of information that supports the fact white females have benefitted from Affirmative Action......more than any other demographic.

Do you think the fact white women benefiting from Affirmative Action more than other minorities is an accident ... :dunno:

Just because you are an an isolated case ( if you are even telling the truth) does npt equate to "hundreds of millions" of whites being discriminated against.

You're crazy.
If it's true that white females have benefitted from AA, then good for those white females. But that doesn't help the many white females who LOSE jobs, job promotions, college admissions, college financial aid, business loans, etc, due to AA.

Nor does it help the many more white female dependents of discriminated-against white males, who vastly outnumber white female AA beneficiaries.

PS - as a former college teacher, I'm not impressed by anyone's collection of "information that supports" whatever agenda it is they favor. There's "information" out there to support anything. Big deal. Information comes in all flavors. :rolleyes:

Probably his one.

th
HA HA. Bad choice of picture. Can't even see who's in it. But if we want to compare rioting, blacks lose big. Bad choice of comparisons too :rolleyes:

Oh you can tell alright. And you don't want to compare rioting. You'll start crying if we do so.

Let me help you see. I know you are in your 70's so eyesight might be a problem.

keene-flipped-car.jpg

This big enough for ya?

26-white-riot.w529.h529.2x.jpg

How about this one?

B3Uv-p3CAAIx59O.jpg

And exactly what were these white people rioting for? Some unjust legal decision relative to a murder of an unarmed white by cops?

No. A pumpkin festival and a hockey game

We're NOT equal. Blacks have preference over whites by Affirmative Action (job hiring, job promotion, college admissions, college financial aid, business loans, etc, etc)

Anti-white discrimination still runs rampant in 42 states, where AA abomination still is not banned.
Why are you not complaining MORE about the demographic group that uses AA lots more than black Americans do?

Because that's not what's done here.

Do you think the fact white women benefiting from Affirmative Action more than other minorities is an accident ... :dunno:
I think the idea of white woman benefiting from Affirmative Action more than racial minorities, is a crock - designed to promote Affirmative Action, and deflect criticism of it.

And just because some liberal (heavily biased) think tank, university, or media outlet says something, doesn't prove a damn thing. Their studies have been caught FALSE numerously. (ex. the Stephens-Davidowitz racism study)

You're crazy.
If it's true that white females have benefitted from AA, then good for those white females. But that doesn't help the many white females who LOSE jobs, job promotions, college admissions, college financial aid, business loans, etc, due to AA.

Nor does it help the many more white female dependents of discriminated-against white males, who vastly outnumber white female AA beneficiaries.

PS - as a former college teacher, I'm not impressed by anyone's collection of "information that supports" whatever agenda it is they favor. There's "information" out there to support anything. Big deal. Information comes in all flavors. :rolleyes:

It is true and white men are bot discriminated against. White women are the number 1 beneficiary of the policy, so there is not all those losing jobs because of the things you imagine. Now if you want to make claims your opinion must be supported by information that supports your premise. If you don't want recognize fact, or present it then your argument has no merit.

Forum List

Back