Open Minded Agnostic Atheist

Can you really have a lack of belief in something that exists?
Agnostic atheists acknowledge the possibility that gods exist, on the basis that they cannot be ruled out. Not that they do exist. Else they would be theists.
Theists don't exist. Jews, Chistians, Muslims, Buddhists and so on exist. And agnosticism is a philosophy. The belief in god or the belief in atheism is a spiritual belief. Indeed are the most Christians agnostics ("I believe in god") and the most atheists are not agnostics ("I know god is not existing, because there is no prove for god.").

The arguments are based on facts.

No. Many of the premises are dubious at best.

And even if they weren't, they are still jist philosophical arguments. This isnt going to convince an evidence based thinker to accept such an extraordinary idea. Just as you would not accept the existence of apollo, or shiva, when someone uses similar arguments.

You really need to think about that last statement. It will help you understand what you are up against.
Many cultures have come to an understanding of God - Native Americans, ancient Greeks, etc.

I’ll give you another chance to refute the various arguments I’ve linked to. Please be specific.

Are you saying you only accept arguments based on objective reality?

Long before we prayed to the Son of God we were praying to the Sun. To me that makes sense. At night you would pray for it to come back as lions or bears ate your loveones at night and because it was cold without the sun. And if you were bad it got really hot and a drought came. Even today I pray and worship the sun. It gives us life and without it, we're done.

And even if they weren't, they are still jist philosophical arguments. This isnt going to convince an evidence based thinker to accept such an extraordinary idea. Just as you would not accept the existence of apollo, or shiva, when someone uses similar arguments.

You really need to think about that last statement. It will help you understand what you are up against.
Many cultures have come to an understanding of God - Native Americans, ancient Greeks, etc.

I’ll give you another chance to refute the various arguments I’ve linked to. Please be specific.

Long before we prayed to the Son of God we were praying to the Sun. To me that makes sense. At night you would pray for it to come back as lions or bears ate your loveones at night and because it was cold without the sun. And if you were bad it got really hot and a drought came. Even today I pray and worship the sun. It gives us life and without it, we're done.

People used to pray to the moon as well.

Can you really have a lack of belief in something that exists?
Agnostic atheists acknowledge the possibility that gods exist, on the basis that they cannot be ruled out. Not that they do exist. Else they would be theists.
Theists don't exist. Jews, Chistians, Muslims, Buddhists and so on exist. And agnosticism is a philosophy. The belief in god or the belief in atheism is a spiritual belief. Indeed are the most Christians agnostics ("I believe in god") and the most atheists are not agnostics ("I know god is not existing, because there is no prove for god.").
I would say most theists will admit the stories about rising from the dead aren't literal stories and I'm sure most atheists will admit they are really agnostic atheists.

So most people don't take the bible literally and most atheists don't claim to know for sure.

Long before we prayed to the Son of God we were praying to the Sun. ...

Empty phrase.

It provided light at night. I'm sure they did. And it wasn't always around. Some nights there is no moon. Some nights only a half moon. I'm sure a full moon was nice because they could see a lot better. I know when I'm walking my dog at daylight savings I feel a lot better walking in the dark with a full moon vs. dark without.

It provided light at night. I'm sure they did. And it wasn't always around. Some nights there is no moon. Some nights only a half moon. I'm sure a full moon was nice because they could see a lot better. I know when I'm walking my dog at daylight savings I feel a lot better walking in the dark with a full moon vs. dark without.

Definitely. I live up in the mountains, so the moon is my streetlight. :)

a. I look around and see no evidence of god(s). As far as the gods in the holy books, I'm an atheist. Don't buy it for one second. Willing to bet my soul on it.
b. It's unknowable if God continues to hide. You would have to be a god yourself to know 100% for sure because you'd have to look everywhere not only in this universe but in all the other rhelms such as heaven to see if he's hiding.
We live in a physical world. God is spirit. What physical evidence is expected to materialize?

Second, God is not hiding anymore than those living in the desert can claim all the dolphins are hiding.

Finally, too many only see the Bible through the lens of twenty-first century language, history, and culture and therefore haven't a clue, let alone the faintest idea of what the original authors were saying--and how their accounts were perceived by the original audience.

Forum List

Back