Only 44% Of U.S. Adults Are Employed For 30-Or-More Hours Per Week

I work +40 hour week every week, its what you need to do to get the job done. I get repaid in by comp time, bonus, working from home when I need to, company car and a generous benefit package. you reap what you sow

I get paid 1.2 million a year because I've been a workoholic for last decade and grew my company from the massive debt it had, and now I just do payroll and verify monies going in and out, and pay independent contractors. Takes 2 hours a day.
good 4 you :cool-45:
In another thread it was 600k

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
44% of US adults are working. Think about that for a minute, retired people are adults. Stay at home moms are adults. The disabled can be adults. Pogo had a good question, what is the ideal number? What has it been traditionally?

Most of the true "unemployed" are that way because this country is in dire fucking straights. And the retired people were nudged into that group with a great big kick in the ass by the Obama administration.

Ah, you mean when he took office in '09, fired up the retro-time machine on his teleprompter and wrecked the economy several months earlier?

Yeah that sucked. What a stupid thing to do.

I knew Obama was going to be trouble the moment we gave him that Delorian.

44% of US adults are working. Think about that for a minute, retired people are adults. Stay at home moms are adults. The disabled can be adults. Pogo had a good question, what is the ideal number? What has it been traditionally?

Most of the true "unemployed" are that way because this country is in dire fucking straights. And the retired people were nudged into that group with a great big kick in the ass by the Obama administration.

Ah, you mean when he took office in '09, fired up the retro-time machine on his teleprompter and wrecked the economy several months earlier?

Yeah that sucked. What a stupid thing to do.

I knew Obama was going to be trouble the moment we gave him that Delorian.

Yeah. Back in 1955...

The far right drones and some of the libertarians here, like Edward B, are truly illiterate about these matters.

Just saw this on cable news. It's bad enough for companies to force people to take early retirement, but when a company lays off 400 workers and requires the workers to train their replacements from India, something smells.

Information technology workers at Southern California Edison (SCE) are being laid off and replaced by workers from India. Some employees are training their H-1B visa holding replacements, and many have already lost their jobs.

The employees are upset and say they can't understand how H-1B guest workers can be used to replace them.

The IT organization's "transition effort" is expected to result in about 400 layoffs, with "another 100 or so employees leaving voluntarily," SCE said in a statement. The "transition," which began in August, will be completed by the end of March, the company said.

"They are bringing in people with a couple of years' experience to replace us and then we have to train them," said one longtime IT worker. "It's demoralizing and in a way I kind of felt betrayed by the company."

Southern California Edison IT workers beyond furious over H-1B replacements Computerworld

Working 60 hours a week for salary? You are being taken advantage of and are hated by your employer. Get out. Get out NOW.

Just saw this on cable news. It's bad enough for companies to force people to take early retirement, but when a company lays off 400 workers and requires the workers to train their replacements from India, something smells.

Information technology workers at Southern California Edison (SCE) are being laid off and replaced by workers from India. Some employees are training their H-1B visa holding replacements, and many have already lost their jobs.

The employees are upset and say they can't understand how H-1B guest workers can be used to replace them.

The IT organization's "transition effort" is expected to result in about 400 layoffs, with "another 100 or so employees leaving voluntarily," SCE said in a statement. The "transition," which began in August, will be completed by the end of March, the company said.

"They are bringing in people with a couple of years' experience to replace us and then we have to train them," said one longtime IT worker. "It's demoralizing and in a way I kind of felt betrayed by the company."

Southern California Edison IT workers beyond furious over H-1B replacements Computerworld

Not shocked at all.

This is why its irrational to ever have loyalty to a company. They're businesses. If they were people, they'd usually be acting like psychopaths, or at the very least sociopaths. There's no point in having loyalty to an organization that lacks the capacity for empathy or returning the feeling.

a4ojro.jpg
Businesses prefer to ship in workers rather than hire citizens....
Actually these jobs are outsourced to overseas contractors, i.e. Get an x-Ray or ct scan and it will most likely be read and analyzed by some radiologist in India. Check out your next rx and don't be surprised if it's manufactured in Croatia

Corporations are doing all they can to kill the middle class in the USA...

Nah.. they are doing all they can to reduce payroll.. Our government is the group doing all they can to kill the middle class.

Seems to me Government, the EPA, and over-regulation of private industry are doing that...

2a6kn42.gif

Its just another way for corporations to get around the medical insurance and other benefits rules. My wife gets 38 hours a week...pieces of shit she works for I hope go bankrupt...worked 13 out of 15 over Christmas break and got screwed out of 20 hours of overtime...its not a surprise...Wal Mart is famous for it.

Its just another way for corporations to get around the medical insurance and other benefits rules. My wife gets 38 hours a week...pieces of shit she works for I hope go bankrupt...worked 13 out of 15 over Christmas break and got screwed out of 20 hours of overtime...its not a surprise...Wal Mart is famous for it.
Yeah those piece of shit companies giving you people jobs.. they need to be taught a lesson!

Seems to me Government, the EPA, and over-regulation of private industry are doing that...

2a6kn42.gif
hmmm, seems to me the UNDER regulated HB1 visas is the problem Vigil, not the over regulating of hb1 visas....

And both Dems and Pubs support these hb1 visas

Wal Mart,,over time,,,that's a rarity....

Next year maybe you can count on her wages being zero.

Next year maybe you can count on her wages being zero.
The typical republican I see. Oh and actually yes they will be as she will be staying home with the baby.

Forum List

Back