Only 44% Of U.S. Adults Are Employed For 30-Or-More Hours Per Week

I work +40 hour week every week, its what you need to do to get the job done. I get repaid in by comp time, bonus, working from home when I need to, company car and a generous benefit package. you reap what you sow
Sounds great..I am sure you are proud of yourself...

There you have it folks. Put the baby boomer in the pipe and smoke it

-Geaux
----------
Jim Clifton, the Chairman and CEO of Gallup, says that the percentage of Americans that are employed full-time has been hovering near record lows since the end of the last recession. But most Americans don’t realize this because the official unemployment numbers are extremely misleading. In fact, Clifton says that the official 5.6 percent unemployment rate is a “big lie”. Gallup regularly tracks the percentage of U.S. adults that are employed for 30 or more hours per week, and it is currently at 44.2 percent. It has been hovering between 42 percent and 45 percent since the end of 2009. This is extremely low. As I discussed the other day, there are 8.69 million Americans that are considered to be “officially unemployed” at this point. But there are another 92.90 million Americans that are considered to be “not in the labor force”. Millions upon millions of those Americans would work if they could. Overall, there are 101 million U.S. adults that do not have a job right now. But you won’t hear that number being discussed by the mainstream media, because it would make Barack Obama look really bad.

Only 44 Of U.S. Adults Are Employed For 30-Or-More Hours Per Week Zero Hedge

That's a labor participation rate issue. And the Babyboomers leaving the work force are one of the priamry reasons its declining. Just as their entering the work force was one of the reasons that the LPR increased in the early 60s.

I work +40 hour week every week, its what you need to do to get the job done. I get repaid in by comp time, bonus, working from home when I need to, company car and a generous benefit package. you reap what you sow

I get paid 1.2 million a year because I've been a workoholic for last decade and grew my company from the massive debt it had, and now I just do payroll and verify monies going in and out, and pay independent contractors. Takes 2 hours a day.

-Geaux
----------
Jim Clifton, the Chairman and CEO of Gallup, says that the percentage of Americans that are employed full-time has been hovering near record lows since the end of the last recession. But most Americans don’t realize this because the official unemployment numbers are extremely misleading. In fact, Clifton says that the official 5.6 percent unemployment rate is a “big lie”. Gallup regularly tracks the percentage of U.S. adults that are employed for 30 or more hours per week, and it is currently at 44.2 percent. It has been hovering between 42 percent and 45 percent since the end of 2009. This is extremely low. As I discussed the other day, there are 8.69 million Americans that are considered to be “officially unemployed” at this point. But there are another 92.90 million Americans that are considered to be “not in the labor force”. Millions upon millions of those Americans would work if they could. Overall, there are 101 million U.S. adults that do not have a job right now. But you won’t hear that number being discussed by the mainstream media, because it would make Barack Obama look really bad.

Everything about that fucking Obama administration is a goddamn lie. That 101 million adults would equate to a 33% UNEMPLOYMENT RATE. Of course half of those people are on the government teat sucking away.

-Geaux
----------

That's a labor participation rate issue. And the Babyboomers leaving the work force are one of the priamry reasons its declining. Just as their entering the work force was one of the reasons that the LPR increased in the early 60s.

That's one reason I'm asking him what the ideal rate should be. We have a fast-growing retired population, who still count as adults, then you have those taking care of children... then those in school or disabled or who don't work on an hourly basis--- how many are we supposed to have left?

His leaving "44%" hanging in the air kind of implies "out of 100" but that's obviously not realistic or close. Wonder why he gave no context. :dunno:

Also can't help noticing his OP starts out talking about the CEO of Gallup, but that's not where his links go -- they go instead to a blog.

Somebody's hiding sump'm.

-Geaux
----------

Everything about that fucking Obama administration is a goddamn lie. That 101 million adults would equate to a 33% UNEMPLOYMENT RATE. Of course half of those people are on the government teat sucking away.

That's if we counted every housewife, college student, and millions of the retired as 'unemployed'. Which would be silly.

Obama's using virtually the same process for counting unemployment as was done in the administration before him. If you don't like the standard, take it up with Bush.

Going to get much worse in 2016 also.
Then give these people a job, the rich damn sure ain't gonna do it....
Remove the 100's of billions of dollars of restrictive regulations on business and watch the jobs begin to flourish.

Obama and the libs must have that dodd frank bill. Can't part with that. God forbid.
That thing was a pain in the ass when I got a new house this fall, same with my consolidation loan to pay off my losses under Boosh and the illegal invasion....

The OP title means nothing at all.

It has no relevance without quantification and qualification.

Geaux4it has long been known for posting stuff he knows nothing about.

-Geaux
----------

I like teets, yet I never seem to get any anymore...guess I could try and re-enlist in the Army....

44% of US adults are working. Think about that for a minute, retired people are adults. Stay at home moms are adults. The disabled can be adults. Pogo had a good question, what is the ideal number? What has it been traditionally?

Most of the true "unemployed" are that way because this country is in dire fucking straights. And the retired people were nudged into that group with a great big kick in the ass by the Obama administration.

I get paid 1.2 million a year because I've been a workoholic for last decade and grew my company from the massive debt it had, and now I just do payroll and verify monies going in and out, and pay independent contractors. Takes 2 hours a day.
good 4 you :cool-45:

-Geaux
----------

That's one reason I'm asking him what the ideal rate should be. We have a fast-growing retired population, who still count as adults, then you have those taking care of children... then those in school or disabled or who don't work on an hourly basis--- how many are we supposed to have left?

His leaving "44%" hanging in the air kind of implies "out of 100" but that's obviously not realistic or close. Wonder why he gave no context. :dunno:

Easy....because his argument relies on the ignorance of his audience. Willful or otherwise.

The baby boom generation started in 46. Which means they'd begin reaching minimum retirement age under social security in 2008. And begin retiring early if they had retirement autonomous of social security at roughly 55 or so.

Which unsurprisingly matches the LPR numbers just about exactly. With the LPR beginning to decline in 2001.....and that rate decreasing more sharply when the boomers began to reach retirement age for social security in 2008.

Unsurprisingly, you saw a corresponding increase in the LPR when these same boomers entered the work force in the mid 60s. And another major increase in the 70s when more women started working.

(sarcasm)Thanks Obama!(/sarcasm)

Last edited:
44% of US adults are working. Think about that for a minute, retired people are adults. Stay at home moms are adults. The disabled can be adults. Pogo had a good question, what is the ideal number? What has it been traditionally?

Most of the true "unemployed" are that way because this country is in dire fucking straights. And the retired people were nudged into that group with a great big kick in the ass by the Obama administration.

Ah, you mean when he took office in '09, fired up the reverse-time machine on his teleprompter and retroactively wrecked the economy several months earlier?

Yeah that sucked. What a stupid thing to do.

good 4 you :cool-45:

ditto.

Says who?

Republicans of late have gotten so anti-American. They trash our country, our people, our work ethic, our leadership, our laws, our government. Its like listening to Soviet Era Politburo.

.......huh. Many GOP are almost fawning in their obsequious admiration of Vadimir Putin. They are taking Russia's side in military conflicts in eastern europe. They do support Russian efforts to marginalize gays and strip them of rights....

...hmmmmm.

Forum List

Back