One More Trump Lie ….His Promise to Support and Defend LGBTQ Interests

Well folks, we’re approaching the fist anniversary of Trumps awful presidency and the list of atrocious deeds that he is responsible for is long. There is undermining health care for millions, supporting the rape of the environment to the horror of much of the world, preparing to sign so call “tax reform “legislation that is a giveaway to the wealthy and to corporations to name just a few.

But there is one issue that is getting little press and scant public attention. Among his many lies during the campaign and since, was his promise to promote LGBTQ rights and interests. He fooled people into thinking that he would be a pro LGBT president who is better on the issue than Clinton. The fact is that gay, lesbian, and transgender Republicans who supported him were ultimately sucker- punched in the gut. Let’s take a look at his first year, but first some background.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/the-terrible-anti-lgbtq-first-year-of-the-promised-pro-gay-president-trump/

President Donald Trump speaks to the 2017 Values Voter Summit in Washington, D.C. (Photo by Jared Holt for Right Wing Watch)

As a presidential candidate, Donald Trump thrilled conservative gay leaders. He promised to “do everything in my power to protect LGBTQ citizens” and described himself as “fine” with marriage equality, which he said had been “settled” by the U.S. Supreme Court. Gay Republicans, who have had little experience with candidates expressing anything other than hostility, lost all sense of perspective. Chris Barron, a co-founder of GOProud, pronounced Trump “a better friend to the LGBT community than Hillary Clinton could ever be.” Breitbartista Milo Yiannapoulos went even further, declaring, “Donald Trump is the most pro-gay candidate in American electoral history.” Both statements were obviously and wildly untrue, as Trump’s damaging first year in office has made clear. As Miranda’s recent post noted, this was the year that the Religious Right moved into the White House. And the consequences for LGBTQ people have been predictably awful.

Indeed, last December, anti-LGBTQ extremist Scott Lively celebrated the election of Trump, who he said wisely concealed his anti-equality agenda as a candidate. Lively predicted that after Trump named new Supreme Court justices, “Kennedy and his homosexualist fellow travelers will presumably never again be able to repeat their past acts of violence to the Constitution and its Biblical foundations.”

Many LGBTQ people have been or will be harmed by broad-based Trump-GOP policies, like the tax bill and its assault on the Affordable Care Act, that also affect millions of non-LGBTQ Americans. But LGBTQ Americans are also facing very focused attacks from the Trump administration. That’s why NBC called Trump’s first 100 days “fear-inducing” for LGBTQ Americans. And by mid-year, German Lopez at Vox was calling Trump’s campaign promises to the LGBTQ community “total bullshit” and Luke Darby at GQ was calling the administration “a disaster for LGBT Americans.” The Human Rights Campaign’s Sarah McBride went even further, writing in Cosmopolitan that the Trump administration has “revealed itself to be the ugliest, most explicitly anti-LGBTQ presidency in U.S. history.” Journalist Michelangelo Signorile seconded that emotion in September.

Follow the above link for a list of his betrayals. Even if you don’t care much about this issue, you should care about the lies, which know no bounds, as well as his lack of loyalty to others, even while he insists on loyalty to himself.

Last edited:
I honestly don't think Trump is concerned at all with race, sexual orientation or the like. He's a more of a libertarian on these issues. Live and let live. He will get government out of peoples lives, improve the economy and the rest is up to you.

He had Peter Thiel speak at the convention and hasn't done anything that I can see to impose government Will over any particular community

Last edited:
Doesn't seem like it;
Trump Keeps Obama's Top Gay Rights Envoy at State Department ...
foreignpolicy.com/.../trump-keeps-obamas-top-gay-rights-envoy-at-state-department/
The Trump administration has decided to keep President Barack Obama's top advocate for gay rights issues at the State Department in defiance of evangelical groups who called for his immediate expulsion, Foreign Policy has learned. Randy Berry, the Special Envoy for the Human Rights of LGBTI .

What's so god damned funny Piss Mo??

you-mad-again-bro.jpg

Doesn't seem like it;
Trump Keeps Obama's Top Gay Rights Envoy at State Department ...
foreignpolicy.com/.../trump-keeps-obamas-top-gay-rights-envoy-at-state-department/
The Trump administration has decided to keep President Barack Obama's top advocate for gay rights issues at the State Department in defiance of evangelical groups who called for his immediate expulsion, Foreign Policy has learned. Randy Berry, the Special Envoy for the Human Rights of LGBTI .
And that negates the atrocities that I have documented? How exactly? And where is he now.?? Do you think that T-Rump would have appointed him?

Me?? Non at all. I'm a straight , white cisgender male. But Transgender kids have lost the right to be protected from discrimination at school, thanks to T-Rump appointee Betsy DeVos and Trans people are fearing for their right to a career in the military to name just two issues. .
Since transfreakazoids are a tiny minority, and around 40% of them eventually commit suicide. I doubt the President is too worried about losing their vote in the 2020 election. ...... :cool:

What's so god damned funny Piss Mo??

Tell us, TheRegressiveTraitor, what rights have you lost?
Me?? Non at all. I'm a straight , white cisgender male. But Transgender kids have lost the right to be protected from discrimination at school, thanks to T-Rump appointee Betsy DeVos and Trans people are fearing for their right to a career in the military to name just two issues. .

“Trans” people have lost no rights in the military under President Trump.

Any able bodied man or woman that meets the requirements can join and serve. The military has NEVER allowed men to pretend to be female and be held to female standards, not under Obama or any other President.

Same goes for students being “discriminated” against. Boys NEVER had a right to go into girls restrooms, nor should they.

So again, what “right” has actually been lost?

I honestly don't think Trump is concerned at all with race, sexual orientation or the like. He's a more of a libertarian on these issues. Live and let live. He will get government out of peoples lives, improve the economy and the rest is up to you.

He had Peter Thiel speak at the convention and hasn't done anything that I can see to impose government Will over any particular community
I honestly don't think that he is concerned about much of anything except power and enriching himself. Maybe he is a libertarian. I hate libertarians. They don't promote government intrusion into peoples lives. Rather, they remove government protections for those who would be victims of discrimination by others who have power over minorities. They promote social Darwinism. PS: Peter Thiel is an idiot nd a pansy.

Trans” people have lost no rights in the military under President Trump.
Cut the dishonest horseshit , or maybe iy
Trans” people have lost no rights in the military under President Trump.

Any able bodied man or woman that meets the requirements can join and serve.
Please cut the dishonest horseshit, or maybe it's just your ignorance speaking. If they have not lost anything it is only because the courts have blocked his efforts to kick them out and bar their enlistment. But those already serving have I fact lost a right, the right to job security when serving honorable and competently-because anything can happen down the road.

I honestly don't think that he is concerned about much of anything except power and enriching himself. Maybe he is a libertarian. I hate libertarians. They don't promote government intrusion into peoples lives. Rather, they remove government protections for those who would be victims of discrimination by others who have power over minorities. They promote social Darwinism. PS: Peter Thiel is an idiot nd a pansy.

I bet you citizens of Venezuela wish they had a libertarian government rather than the "protections" that government promises them.

The only thing that trans people have lost with Trump is that the US Military /taxpayer will not pay for their transition

Well folks, we’re approaching the fist anniversary of Trumps awful presidency and the list of atrocious deeds that he is responsible for is long. There is undermining health care for millions, supporting the rape of the environment to the horror of much of the world, preparing to sign so call “tax reform “legislation that is a giveaway to the wealthy and to corporations to name just a few.

But there is one issue that is getting little press and scant public attention. Among his many lies during the campaign and since, was his promise to promote LGBTQ rights and interests. He fooled people into thinking that he would be a pro LGBT president who is better on the issue than Clinton. The fact is that gay, lesbian, and transgender Republicans who supported him were ultimately sucker- punched in the gut. Let’s take a look at his first year, but first some background.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/the-terrible-anti-lgbtq-first-year-of-the-promised-pro-gay-president-trump/

President Donald Trump speaks to the 2017 Values Voter Summit in Washington, D.C. (Photo by Jared Holt for Right Wing Watch)

As a presidential candidate, Donald Trump thrilled conservative gay leaders. He promised to “do everything in my power to protect LGBTQ citizens” and described himself as “fine” with marriage equality, which he said had been “settled” by the U.S. Supreme Court. Gay Republicans, who have had little experience with candidates expressing anything other than hostility, lost all sense of perspective. Chris Barron, a co-founder of GOProud, pronounced Trump “a better friend to the LGBT community than Hillary Clinton could ever be.” Breitbartista Milo Yiannapoulos went even further, declaring, “Donald Trump is the most pro-gay candidate in American electoral history.” Both statements were obviously and wildly untrue, as Trump’s damaging first year in office has made clear. As Miranda’s recent post noted, this was the year that the Religious Right moved into the White House. And the consequences for LGBTQ people have been predictably awful.

Indeed, last December, anti-LGBTQ extremist Scott Lively celebrated the election of Trump, who he said wisely concealed his anti-equality agenda as a candidate. Lively predicted that after Trump named new Supreme Court justices, “Kennedy and his homosexualist fellow travelers will presumably never again be able to repeat their past acts of violence to the Constitution and its Biblical foundations.”

Many LGBTQ people have been or will be harmed by broad-based Trump-GOP policies, like the tax bill and its assault on the Affordable Care Act, that also affect millions of non-LGBTQ Americans. But LGBTQ Americans are also facing very focused attacks from the Trump administration. That’s why NBC called Trump’s first 100 days “fear-inducing” for LGBTQ Americans. And by mid-year, German Lopez at Vox was calling Trump’s campaign promises to the LGBTQ community “total bullshit” and Luke Darby at GQ was calling the administration “a disaster for LGBT Americans.” The Human Rights Campaign’s Sarah McBride went even further, writing in Cosmopolitan that the Trump administration has “revealed itself to be the ugliest, most explicitly anti-LGBTQ presidency in U.S. history.” Journalist Michelangelo Signorile seconded that emotion in September.

Follow the above link for a list of his betrayals. Even if you don’t care much about this issue, you should care about the lies, which know no bounds, as well as his lack of loyalty to others, even while he insists on loyalty to himself.

Jesus you guys are so.predictable. the tax bill is anti gay?.....again no details or facts, just more antigroup of the day bullshit.

how else is he anti gay?
and more than bush and Reagan, peopl who wanted gay people to die.....eventually people will wise up to your hyperbolic bullshit

I bet you citizens of Venezuela wish they had a libertarian government rather than the "protections" that government promises them.
WTF!! Venezuela??

Jesus you guys are so.predictable. the tax bill is anti gay?.....again no details or facts, just more antigroup of the day bullshit.

how else is he anti gay?
and more than bush and Reagan, peopl who wanted gay people to die.....eventually people will wise up to your hyperbolic bullshit
I made my point. Don't pretend not to understand. Or, is it a matter of reading comprehension?

Forum List

Back