On nomination Trump leaves Establishment little choice...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Donald Trump can lose Ohio to John Kasich on Tuesday and still have a 1,242-delegate majority going into the Republican National Convention in July or, at worst, wind up 142 delegates short, according to the latest state-by-state delegate allocation analysis by The Washington Times.

It is doubtful that the Republican establishment, despite plotting over the past month on how to deny Mr. Trump the nomination, will attempt to take it away from him if he is only 142 delegates short of the 1,237-delegate majority required for nomination, said Republican National Committee counsel James Bopp Jr. and former RNC Treasurer Randy Pullen.

Former Republican National Committee Chairman Mike Duncan implied during a video-recorded strategy session with other anti-Trump Republican wheelers and dealers that the enthusiasm for blocking Mr. Trump at any cost is withering among some establishment leaders.

Asked whether he is sure Mr. Trump would make a better president than Hillary Clinton, Mr. Duncan said, “No, but it’s a risk that I’m willing to take. If we get off into splitting our party, we can’t put it back together. Humpty Dumpty won’t come back together.”

Donald Trump gives Republicans little choice on nomination

Asked whether he is sure Mr. Trump would make a better president than Hillary Clinton, Mr. Duncan said, “No, but it’s a risk that I’m willing to take. If we get off into splitting our party, we can’t put it back together. Humpty Dumpty won’t come back together.”
My guess is that they've looked at this thing from every possible direction and decided that they can't pull the rug out from under Trump.

There may be a few who go so far as to publicly support Hillary, a few may publicly say they're voting third party. The rest will just find other stuff to do between now and the election.

Amazing to watch.

If the "GOP" denies The Donald, hopefully The Donald will run as a third party. And hopefully the ZOG doesn't have the voting machines rigged.

A candidate cannot just simply decide to run 3rd Party and then it happens. There are filing deadlines that vary by state, petitions to collect, etc… An established Party can accept someone as their nominee however.

Good to see the GOP in this death spiral. Couldn’t happen to a more deserving body.

My guess is that they've looked at this thing from every possible direction and decided that they can't pull the rug out from under Trump.

There may be a few who go so far as to publicly support Hillary, a few may publicly say they're voting third party. The rest will just find other stuff to do between now and the election.

Amazing to watch.

Like I told Toro...if there is anything the last 7.5 years has taught us, it is how absolutely risk adverse the Establishment GOP has become.

Donald Trump can lose Ohio to John Kasich on Tuesday and still have a 1,242-delegate majority going into the Republican National Convention in July or, at worst, wind up 142 delegates short, according to the latest state-by-state delegate allocation analysis by The Washington Times.

It is doubtful that the Republican establishment, despite plotting over the past month on how to deny Mr. Trump the nomination, will attempt to take it away from him if he is only 142 delegates short of the 1,237-delegate majority required for nomination, said Republican National Committee counsel James Bopp Jr. and former RNC Treasurer Randy Pullen.

Former Republican National Committee Chairman Mike Duncan implied during a video-recorded strategy session with other anti-Trump Republican wheelers and dealers that the enthusiasm for blocking Mr. Trump at any cost is withering among some establishment leaders.

Donald Trump gives Republicans little choice on nomination

So they finally admit they are more concerned with the good of their party than with the good of the country. That's been obvious for a long time, but this is the first time they have come out and said it so publicly, and with no doubt of their meaning.

Forum List

Back