OMG, Schumer tells Trump and his pussies to shut up. Outrage to follow.

lOL

Democratic U.S. Senator Schumer expresses regret for Supreme Court comments

“I should not have used the words I used yesterday. They did not come out the way I intended to,” Schumer said Thursday in a speech on the Senate floor. “My point was there would be political consequences, for President Trump and Senate Republicans — if the Supreme Court, with newly confirmed justices, stripped away a woman’s right to choose.”

“I’m from Brooklyn. We speak in a strong language,” he added.
But Schumer defended the spirit of his remarks on Thursday, accusing Republicans of “manufacturing outrage” about the speech and ignoring efforts to gut abortion rights across the country.

“What will remain long after the clamor over my comments dies down is the issue at hand: a woman’s constitutional right to choose and Republican attempts to invalidate it,” he said. “The fact that my Republican colleagues have worked, systematically over the course of decades, to install the judicial infrastructure to take down Roe v. Wade — and do very real damage to the country and the American way of life. That is the issue that will remain.”

Tough, it's a crime to threaten judges.

There are consequences for criminal behavior.
If it’s a crime, why hasn’t Schumer been arrested and charged?
Because as a sitting Senator, he is immune to the laws that the rest of us must abide by.

Just imagine what the pussies in this thread would say if Trump or a Republican had made such statements.

His comments wouldn't be so bad if the left wasn't known to be easily triggered. All political violence comes from the left. If liberals were just normal, decent human beings, I wouldn't read so much into it. Because of this, and the climate we are in, he really needs to step down. He's putting people's lives at risk.

lOL

“I should not have used the words I used yesterday. They did not come out the way I intended to,” Schumer said Thursday in a speech on the Senate floor. “My point was there would be political consequences, for President Trump and Senate Republicans — if the Supreme Court, with newly confirmed justices, stripped away a woman’s right to choose.”

But Schumer defended the spirit of his remarks on Thursday, accusing Republicans of “manufacturing outrage” about the speech and ignoring efforts to gut abortion rights across the country.

“What will remain long after the clamor over my comments dies down is the issue at hand: a woman’s constitutional right to choose and Republican attempts to invalidate it,” he said. “The fact that my Republican colleagues have worked, systematically over the course of decades, to install the judicial infrastructure to take down Roe v. Wade — and do very real damage to the country and the American way of life. That is the issue that will remain.”
Schumer makes a good point

Dems need to make abortion an issue in 2020

Republicans will strip away a woman’s right to an abortion if Trump is re-elected. They are already doing it at the state level.

If women allow Trump to be re-elected, they have only themselves to blame.

The only States where this would end up hurting Republicans already protect abortion via State law, and wouldn't impact him Electorally.

The women in places that would ban abortion if Roe is overturned probably support said bans just as much as the men there do.

lOL

Sounds like "Sorry--not sorry" to me.
Where he's really in error is in equating the justices with Republicans. Big no no.
He’s also wrong in equating the case to the American way of life. How sick is that?

If an abortion goes bad, would you have wanted there to be a hospital close enough where the doctor has privileges? Only makes sense to me, if one truly cares about the health of women.
Ask the Supreme Court that question.
Well the answer is that if ANYONE is sick or injured a hospital Is required by LAW to admit them, regardless of whether their doc has any affiliation with the hospital or even if they don't have a doc or insurance. Deptedo is just repeating anti-choice LIES. Although he/she may just be misinformed and misled by the theocrats.

lOL

Republicans will strip away a woman’s right to an abortion if Trump is re-elected. They are already doing it at the state level.

The only States where this would end up hurting Republicans already protect abortion via State law, and wouldn't impact him Electorally.

The women in places that would ban abortion if Roe is overturned probably support said bans just as much as the men there do.

Ohio NC Iowa Neb Ariz to name but four.

lOL

Based on what?

lOL

Schumer must step down or face removal from office. The democrats would expect no less from any Republican.

lOL

Schumer must step down or face removal from office. The democrats would expect no less from any Republican.
Do you really take your shit seriously? LOL

lOL

Where he's really in error is in equating the justices with Republicans. Big no no.
He’s also wrong in equating the case to the American way of life. How sick is that?

If an abortion goes bad, would you have wanted there to be a hospital close enough where the doctor has privileges? Only makes sense to me, if one truly cares about the health of women.
Ask the Supreme Court that question.
Well the answer is that if ANYONE is sick or injured a hospital Is required by LAW to admit them, regardless of whether their doc has any affiliation with the hospital or even if they don't have a doc or insurance. Deptedo is just repeating anti-choice LIES. Although he/she may just be misinformed and misled by the theocrats.
Thanks, bendog.

lOL

Based on what?

Based on I'm less cynical than you are because I think women in those states can be motivated to vote against the gop by social media ads that specifically target women who have some data point indicating they may support poor women in other states having the right to get an abortion before the fetus is viable. However, I understand your position on abortion, and your belief that your's is the only valid position.

ps, and I suspect there are very rich people who will fund ads

lOL

Tough, it's a crime to threaten judges.

There are consequences for criminal behavior.
If it’s a crime, why hasn’t Schumer been arrested and charged?
Because as a sitting Senator, he is immune to the laws that the rest of us must abide by.
Really? Where is that in the Constitution?

lOL

Based on what?

Based on I'm less cynical than you are because I think women in those states can be motivated to vote against the gop by social media ads that specifically target women who have some data point indicating they may support poor women in other states having the right to get an abortion before the fetus is viable. However, I understand your position on abortion, and your belief that your's is the only valid position.

Actually you probably don't understand my position on abortion. I live in NY and see no need to push for an abortion ban in NY. Abortion is a State level issue. Roe is my problem, not legal abortion itself.

To me abortion as a form of birth control is a dick move. There are plenty of birth control methods out there to be used. Abortion for medical reasons is A-OK in my book, and I can see the reason why someone raped wouldn't want the kid.

To me any abortion in the first trimester should be 100% legal, after that I can see governments making restrictions, which could increase as the fetus approaches viability.

Now if Alabama wants to be more strict about it, they can have at it, because to me there is no right to an abortion as "given" by Roe.

Roe was an attempt to end a debate, and all it did was prolong it and make it more spiteful.

Based on what?

Actually you probably don't understand my position on abortion. I live in NY and see no need to push for an abortion ban in NY. Abortion is a State level issue. Roe is my problem, not legal abortion itself.

To me abortion as a form of birth control is a dick move. There are plenty of birth control methods out there to be used. Abortion for medical reasons is A-OK in my book, and I can see the reason why someone raped wouldn't want the kid.

To me any abortion in the first trimester should be 100% legal, after that I can see governments making restrictions, which could increase as the fetus approaches viability.

Now if Alabama wants to be more strict about it, they can have at it, because to me there is no right to an abortion as "given" by Roe.

Roe was an attempt to end a debate, and all it did was prolong it and make it more spiteful.
States cannot dictate religious beliefs in the medical field. A Roman Catholic physician who doesn't believe in abortion should not have to forfeit his entire career because he refuses to abort somebody's unwanted but also self-inflicted pregnancy. The dilly-brained female should have contacted a non-Catholic physician for her heathen decision, not whined to the Hospital that her civil rights were attacked because of a man's religion. After all, the Constitution tells legislators "you shall pass no law against religion." That includes state laws that do not accommodate Christian men and women who have been persecuted because they are physicians who want nothing to do with what their religion is against. They should be allowed to continue their practice within the parameters of their faith, and the government has overstepped a million times a year to pamper those who choose to murder their fetus, because Congress is too craven to inflict a law that already exists on the right to kill life creepolinis who send women to hell for murdering the unborn. And that's what I think.

Based on what?

States cannot dictate religious beliefs in the medical field. A Roman Catholic physician who doesn't believe in abortion should not have to forfeit his entire career because he refuses to abort somebody's unwanted but also self-inflicted pregnancy. The dilly-brained female should have contacted a non-Catholic physician for her heathen decision, not whined to the Hospital that her civil rights were attacked because of a man's religion. After all, the Constitution tells legislators "you shall pass no law against religion." That includes state laws that do not accommodate Christian men and women who have been persecuted because they are physicians who want nothing to do with what their religion is against. They should be allowed to continue their practice within the parameters of their faith, and the government has overstepped a million times a year to pamper those who choose to murder their fetus, because Congress is too craven to inflict a law that already exists on the right to kill life creepolinis who send women to hell for murdering the unborn. And that's what I think.

I think a state govt can tell physicians they may not refuse to treat a person based on their race religion gender or even sexual orientation. But I don't believe any state has told physicians they must do "x procedure" if either they think its not in the patient's interest or if their moral beliefs are not compatible with the procedure.

lOL

Here is a reality check for you Schumer said this in a election year to fire up the base because Schumer knows if Trump win another term it mean replacing possibly two to three justices in the next four years from Thomas, Ginsburg and possibly Keegan, so Schumer fear is the court could be tilt Conservative for the next few decades if that were to happen.

So as Schumer was stupid for his words if you realize why he did it, well it is to fire up the base and make people realize if Democrats lose in November the USSC will be Conservative for the next two to three decades...

Also you being from Maine you should know Schumer and Trump have a different Lingo than the rest of America because they are from New York City.

So when someone spews Trump us threatening or Schumer is threatening I usually chalk it up to someone ignorance of New Yorker street Lingo.

So learn it or be as usual and be ignorant and wait for Maddow to explain it to you...

Forum List

Back