ok let's talk Social Securty

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
gonna make this real simple.

Ida May Fuller paid into Social Security for 3 years.
she paid a TOTAL of $24.75

her first check was $22
her monthly checks averaged $52
she collected a total of $22,888.92

anyone who thinks this program can sustain itself is a freaking lunatic.

the original text of the Social Security program states that they can raise the benefit age to 75, which is PROOF that scam artist Roosevelt and his buddies KNEW this program wouldn't work for ever.

Those of you who support Social Security are saying to your kids and grandkids,
"I got my money! good luck! vote Democrat, maybe you'll get something"

I thought you had to have 40 quarters (ten years) in to collect. That leads me to believe she is collecting off of her spouse's earnings.

40 quarters is correct.

I get an annual statement from SS with estimated monthly payments under differing scenarios.
If I start collecting at 62, it will take about 10 years to make back what I paid into the system for decades.

Mr. H and Save Liberty are correct.

The system has some time before it goes red.

We have plenty of time to correct the imbalances with simple reforms.

I don't know what the rules are now but my grandfather retired at 65 and lived til 105,
social security all the live long day

Ida May Fuller was the first person in America to receive a Social Security check, and she lived for 35 years after her retirement at 65.

What does her situation have to do with anything?

gonna make this real simple.

Ida May Fuller paid into Social Security for 3 years.
she paid a TOTAL of $24.75

her first check was $22
her monthly checks averaged $52
she collected a total of $22,888.92

anyone who thinks this program can sustain itself is a freaking lunatic.

the original text of the Social Security program states that they can raise the benefit age to 75, which is PROOF that scam artist Roosevelt and his buddies KNEW this program wouldn't work for ever.

Those of you who support Social Security are saying to your kids and grandkids,
"I got my money! good luck! vote Democrat, maybe you'll get something"

You got a link for that? That proofy thing.

Yes, but on average, many people died and didn't collect their full balance. It is very much like an insurance product.

Ida May Fuller was the first person in America to receive a Social Security check, and she lived for 35 years after her retirement at 65.

it's the proof that the early people collect the most and the later people collect the least...on average

You are correct Wolf. Just send us retirees a 1911 45 automatic, on our 66the birthday. Call it a loan, if you like. I'm sure that the government would not have to invest in more than one bullet.

Have you thought about running for president of the Republican Party? Repealing Social Security was one of the issues Goldwater ran with in 1964.

Last edited:

it's the proof that the early people collect the most and the later people collect the least...on average
It's proof you have no idea what you're talking about.

BTW, Wolf. When Goldwater finished ranting about SS in 1964, Johnson won the election by picking up the electoral votes in 44 out of 50 states and won the largest percent of the popular vote in presidential history, before, or since.....

You plan on collecting LESS than $22,000 in 35 years?

Anybody that thinks they will live long enough to collect ss are dreaming. We will all be dead within next 2 years anyways with this president.

Anybody that thinks they will live long enough to collect ss are dreaming. We will all be dead within next 2 years anyways with this president.

You obviously have not been paying attention, Natural. Bush has been out of office for years, now. It is safe to come out, now....

Forum List

Back