OK, I admit it....was I ever wrong

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
I always prided myself on being able to pick the republican candidate years in advance. It was so easy, Republicans always went with the safe pick, the guy who came in second the last time, the well known candidate. There were no Carters, Clinton's or Obamas coming out of nowhere for the Republicans

I was positive Bush would win the nomination easily

I underestimated Trump and how easily he would dismantle Bush. Bush looked like a sputtering idiot next to Trump. I also overestimated Jebs charisma.......there was none. No charm, no wit.....not the guy you would want to have a beer with

I really blew this one

While it wasn't difficult to see the growing divisions in the GOP, I don't think anyone could have predicted this campaign season.

it has been coming for a long time now

we have been promised one thing after another

with the same old excuses for far too long

the remaining establishment republicans best learn this

or they too will be tossed in the dust bins of history

I always prided myself on being able to pick the republican candidate years in advance. It was so easy, Republicans always went with the safe pick, the guy who came in second the last time, the well known candidate. There were no Carters, Clinton's or Obamas coming out of nowhere for the Republicans

I underestimated Trump and how easily he would dismantle Bush. Bush looked like a sputtering idiot next to Trump. I also overestimated Jebs charisma.......there was none. No charm, no wit.....not the guy you would want to have a beer with

I really blew this one

The guy who came in second in 2012 wasn't Jeb Bush.

Jeb never had a shot. If you didn't know that last year you just aren't paying attention

I really blew this one

Winger, when Kasich goes, it will mean massive change in the GOP no matter what happens. The old guard will be on the way out. If they have their way and nominate Rubio and he LOSES, all the old people will be removed from office pretty quickly, within a cycle or 2. If any of them win the Presidency, well then you know the path of the party will be decided by that person.

It is going to be interesting because the establishment is all in on Rubio. If they can't get him to win in the general after succeeding to push him into the nomination, they just all cost themselves their jobs.

If they can't get him the nomination at all, it will show they have lost total control of their party, and more will stand up to them and remove them. Very interesting indeed!

I really blew this one

You certainly can't blame yourself. We've all been conditioned into believing that money equates success in elections. Bush was raking it in from contributors and that's what gave many people the notion that he was (without a doubt) going to be the nominee.

As long as you didn't have a lot of money on him in Vegas, you're still doing okay. :banana::banana:

I really blew this one
You probably believed in hope and change too. Dumbass
Lol

I really blew this one

Winger, when Kasich goes, it will mean massive change in the GOP no matter what happens. The old guard will be on the way out. If they have their way and nominate Rubio and he LOSES, all the old people will be removed from office pretty quickly, within a cycle or 2. If any of them win the Presidency, well then you know the path of the party will be decided by that person.

It is going to be interesting because the establishment is all in on Rubio. If they can't get him to win in the general after succeeding to push him into the nomination, they just all cost themselves their jobs.

If they can't get him the nomination at all, it will show they have lost total control of their party, and more will stand up to them and remove them. Very interesting indeed!
Poach more Rinos

Would all those present heaping dirt on Jeb's grave who also cast two votes for his imbecile brother please raise their hands.......

Rustic......don't be shy now....

Amazin', ain't it?

Would all those present heaping dirt on Jeb's grave who also cast two votes for his imbecile brother please raise their hands.......

Rustic......don't be shy now....

Amazin', ain't it?
I did not, hate to disappoint ya.
I don't vote for career politicians... Progressives to you.

While it wasn't difficult to see the growing divisions in the GOP, I don't think anyone could have predicted this campaign season.

Consider the Republicans are all unpopular because of their unpopular candidates in the house and senate. Cruz and rubio are a part of a very unpopular government. Not to mention voters clearly did not want to go back to a bush

Consider the Republicans are all unpopular because of their unpopular candidates in the house and senate. Cruz and rubio are a part of a very unpopular government. Not to mention voters clearly did not want to go back to a bush

This is internal......if the GOP is going to pay the price for its 5th columnists in Congress, it should be in the general....

Forum List

Back