Oil companies right now have 9,000 leases they can drill on. Why are they not drilling?

Seems they want to slow supply with demand going up that mean Cha ching. More record prices.

So why sit on these leases and not drill.

Oh yeah they have billions of reason not to.

If an oil company has a lease on Federal Lands and a lease on Private Lands ...
It doesn't matter how much trouble they will have to go through in logistics to move the drilling rig and families to the Private Land ...
when the Feds can decide to freeze operations on the Federal Lands at any time a politician gets a wild hair up their ass.

It's about money and investing your effort into something you control while saving the Federal Leases for times when
you have the capabilities and desire to screw around with whatever the government will let you do,
with the acceptance that they can make everything you just invested in the project worth nothing in a return at a moment's notice with the swipe of a pen.

Ask the folks that invested in the Keystone Pipeline how that works.

Last edited:
So give us an example. When did Trump ever use our national security agencies for personal matters not related to his job?

WOW.

Network news has become so partisan, distorted and fake that licenses must be challenged and, if appropriate, revoked. Not fair to public!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 12, 2017

December 10 2019
On November 22, Amazon filed a lawsuit in federal court contesting the October decision by the Department of Defense. Court documents unsealed this week show Amazon places the blame for losing the JEDI contract squarely on Trump. It contends Trump used his power as president to influence the contract decision as part of his "personal vendetta" against Amazon and Bezos.

"[Trump] used his power to 'screw Amazon' out of the JEDI Contract as part of his highly public personal vendetta against Mr. Bezos, Amazon and the Washington Post," said documents with the Court of Federal Claims.

Amazon said it also didn't win JEDI because of "improper pressure" from Trump. The court documents said Trump "launched repeated public and behind-the-scenes attacks" to steer the contract away from AWS and to harm Bezos, "his perceived political enemy."

October 8 2020
“Unless Bill Barr indicts these people for crimes, the greatest political crime in the history of our country, then we’re going to get little satisfaction unless I win and we’ll just have to go, because I won’t forget it,” Mr. Trump said, referring to the investigation into his 2016 campaign ties with Russia.
“But these people should be indicted. This was the greatest political crime in the history of our country, and that includes Obama and it includes Biden.”
“Where are all of the arrests?” Trump said, after several dozen tweets on the subject over the past 24 hours. “Can you imagine if the roles were reversed? Long term sentences would have started two years ago. Shameful!”

By early afternoon, Trump was letting loose his frustrations in an all-caps missive that seemed aimed at nobody in particular.
“DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS, THE BIGGEST OF ALL POLITICAL SCANDALS (IN HISTORY)!!! BIDEN, OBAMA AND CROOKED HILLARY LED THIS TREASONOUS PLOT!!! BIDEN SHOULDN’T BE ALLOWED TO RUN - GOT CAUGHT!!!” Trump tweeted.

I don't know how he would sellout his country, you're the one who made the claim of blackmail.
WTF?

To China.President Xi of China, and I, are working together to give massive Chinese phone company, ZTE, a way to get back into business, fast. Too many jobs in China lost. Commerce Department has been instructed to get it done!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)May 13, 2018

Too many jobs in China lost?

Trump did not mention in that tweet or its follow-ups that on Thursday, the developer of a theme park resort outside of Jakarta had signed a deal to receive as much as $500 million in Chinese government loans, as well as another $500 million from Chinese banks, according to Agence France-Presse. Trump’s family business, the Trump Organization, has a deal to license the Trump name to the resort, which includes a golf course and hotels.

To Russia.

May 10 2017
When President Donald Trump hosted Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in the Oval Office on Wednesday just hours after firing the FBI director who was overseeing an investigation into whether Trump’s team colluded with the Russians, he was breaking with recent precedent at the specific request of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The chummy White House visit—photos of the president yukking it up with Lavrov and Russian Ambassador to the United States Sergey Kislyak were released by the Russian Foreign Ministry since no U.S. press was allowed to cover the visit
Are you sure you know what blackmail even is?

Board leftists.
Sure, liar.
No one has advocated to stop ANY investigation of Hunter Biden.
RWNJ's just think that because they have no proof.
So, naturally they blame anyone but themselves.
He is a ”private citizen”.
So?
It's been two years, where's your proof?

Just like the Durham "investigation"....................NOTHINGBURGER.

WOW.

Network news has become so partisan, distorted and fake that licenses must be challenged and, if appropriate, revoked. Not fair to public!

I keep forgetting I'm talking with a public school geraduate. So one more time: when did President Trump ever use OUR NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCIES for personal matters?

WTF?

To China.President Xi of China, and I, are working together to give massive Chinese phone company, ZTE, a way to get back into business, fast. Too many jobs in China lost. Commerce Department has been instructed to get it done!

Again, one more time: How would he (Biden) sell out this country?

I keep forgetting I'm talking with a public school geraduate. So one more time: when did President Trump ever use OUR NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCIES for personal matters?
I just pointed it out, retard.
Just because you don't like the answer......................................
Again, one more time: How would he (Biden) sell out this country?
He wouldn't, that would be republicans, they have a history of doing that.

I just pointed it out, retard.
Just because you don't like the answer......................................

He wouldn't, that would be republicans, they have a history of doing that.

You didn't point out shit. Trump didn't use them for a personal vendetta. It was a Pentagon decision.

The report “confirms that the Department of Defense conducted the JEDI Cloud procurement process fairly and in accordance with the law,” Pentagon spokesperson Lt. Col. Robert Carver said in a statement.

“The IG’s team found that there was no influence by the White House or DoD leadership on the career source selection boards who made the ultimate vendor selection,” he said. “This report should finally close the door on the media and corporate-driven attacks on the career procurement officials who have been working tirelessly to get the much needed JEDI cloud computing environment into the hands of our frontline warfighters while continuing to protect American taxpayers.”

And WTF does him asking that the election be looked into have to do with personal gain? It's political and he's allowed to make such a request. Do you understand what personal gain even means?

Forum List

Back