Official USMB Debate 2020 -- "Round One" Thread..

Was the first presidential debate a "shit show"?

• Yes

Votes: 59 88.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
The awful mess was Hidin' Biden and his buddy Wallace. Care4all and other TDS folks prove there are two Americas, those who are mentally ill and those who are not. Hidin' Biden stumbled through lie after lie. And President Trump barely got started. Looking forward to the next "mess" in which Hidin' Biden gets massacred again.
This was a pretty neat moment though, huh?

The Proud Boys are not a ws group, nor a hate group. Trump was right to NOT denounce them.

AND might I add, the question is bullshit. ws are a fringe movement with no importance.
Wrong...a POtuS that refused to condemn terrorism is something I thought I would never see. That debate was sad for America.

Walking and defending your self when attacked, is the opposite of terrorism.

It is sad that America needs to be told that.
When a President is asked to condemn violence after an election and he refuses to do so, that is a sad day for America democracy.

Self defense is not something to be condemned, but something to be celebrated.

The attackers, ie antifa, are something to be condemned.

Was Biden asked to condemn them?

‘The first presidential debate left undecided American voters in agreement about at least one thing: President Trump's negativity.

Republican consultant and pollster Frank Luntz asked his focus group to use one word to describe the president and basically "every single word was negative," observed Politico's Tim Alberta. One respondent from Wisconsin called Trump obnoxious and un-presidential, while a Pennsylvania voter said he behaved like a "crackhead." Others described the president as being "un-American" and "arrogant."’

It’s time for undecided voters to decide to vote Trump out of office this November.
Crackhead definitely described Trump’s performance last night.

Look at the supid Jill Biden with a mask
One of them actually admitted that the mask is merely a symbol of oppression to them. It's pure theatrics.
Anyone who has dealt with biological threats in the real world knows that mask isn't a protection from viruses...it is simply a placebo. You have to cover your eyes and your hair to protect yourself from any airborne virus.

The awful mess was Hidin' Biden and his buddy Wallace. Care4all and other TDS folks prove there are two Americas, those who are mentally ill and those who are not. Hidin' Biden stumbled through lie after lie. And President Trump barely got started. Looking forward to the next "mess" in which Hidin' Biden gets massacred again.

The Proud Boys are not a ws group, nor a hate group. Trump was right to NOT denounce them.

AND might I add, the question is bullshit. ws are a fringe movement with no importance.
Wrong...a POtuS that refused to condemn terrorism is something I thought I would never see. That debate was sad for America.

When a President is asked to condemn violence after an election and he refuses to do so, that is a sad day for America democracy.

Biden made clear he condemned violence across the board. Why didn’t Trump do the same?

‘The first presidential debate left undecided American voters in agreement about at least one thing: President Trump's negativity.

Republican consultant and pollster Frank Luntz asked his focus group to use one word to describe the president and basically "every single word was negative," observed Politico's Tim Alberta. One respondent from Wisconsin called Trump obnoxious and un-presidential, while a Pennsylvania voter said he behaved like a "crackhead." Others described the president as being "un-American" and "arrogant."’

It’s time for undecided voters to decide to vote Trump out of office this November.
Trump wasn't there to treat Biden like a friend.
He was there to beat him.

I watched the first hour before I was tired of the shoutfest and went to bed.
What a freaking mess. Trump simply doesn't know when to shut up.
Biden passed his very low brow test, no one expecting much out of him - and we didn't get it.
Trump was a schoolyard bully. He hardly let Biden say two words without interrupting, so the last thing Biden had to worry about was having senior moments.... he never got a moment to show one.

In my opinion - Biden won. He won because he made it. He survived it. He did so without any major senile moments due to Trumps beating. Trump fucked it up like I was afraid he would. He looked childish, bullyish throwing tantrums. Absolutely terrible.
And he gave Biden great reasons to have no more debates.

Biden made clear he condemned violence across the board. Why didn’t Trump do the same?
No he didn't.
Biden wasn't clear about law and order.
The only thing he was clear about was that right now he's telling us what he thinks we want to hear.
Later, he'll change his mind and give in to the left.

No he didn't.
The only thing he was clear about was that right now he's telling us what he thinks we want to hear.
Biden was perfectly clear he condemned violence.

Biden passed his very low brow test, no one expecting much out of him - and we didn't get it.
Trump was a schoolyard bully. He hardly let Biden say two words without interrupting, so the last thing Biden had to worry about was having senior moments.... he never got a moment to show one.

In my opinion - Biden won. He won because he made it. He survived it. He did so without any major senile moments due to Trumps beating. Trump fucked it up like I was afraid he would. He looked childish, bullyish throwing tantrums. Absolutely terrible.
I think that was the impression Chris Wallace gave everyone......because Wallace was there to keep Trump off of Biden.
Biden could interrupt Trump any time he wanted.....but Trump wasn't even allowed to finish his thoughts without Wallace going....but...but...but...but....this is a tactic Wallace uses on his Sunday shows. When he doesn't like the answer....he starts doing his motorboat routine. It's why I stopped watching his show.
This is a trend I've seen with debate moderators....the Republican isn't just debating the Democrat....he has to deal with an argumentative moderator as well.

Biden's performance last night was a joke.

Where in the hell did these Moon Bats come up with this clown?

He was weak, incoherent, full of Left of Left Wing stupidity and very dishonest.

He didn't answer the substantive questions and he looked like he was on some kind of drug,

"Come on Man" was the only thing we got out of him.

If Trump brings up Hunter Biden tonight, here is how I would recommend that Joe Biden respond:

What did I or Hunter do that was illegal - or even unethical? I would remind you that you have two family members working for you in the White House - and both were denied security clearances - which you overrode. This means that you gave them access to our nation's top secrets. Why were they denied security clearances in the first place?

Fire the prosecutor and you get your billion dollars. Biden in full media view about the investigation of his son Hunter.

You are lying! That is false information that has been thoroughly debunked. Your lying dog won't hunt.
Nothing was debunked. Biden said it full view of everyone. Try again.

Funny. You have totally ignored all related CONTEXT. Everyone wanted that dishonest lying Ukraine prosecutor fired - and it had nothing to do with Hunter Biden.

Well Ol Hunter was making a fortune sitting on a board that does a business he knows nothing about. Nothing illegal but one has to wonder why he was on that board. That inspector was investigating Burisma and Biden used his office to get him fired. I wonder why?? Could it be so his son could keep his cushy job. Hell the dumbass outed himself on National television.

Biden didn't have a plan for jackshit last night.

No plan for the COVID, health care, economy or anything else. He couldn't articulate one thing he was going to do for this country that Trump hasn't already done a great job doing.

Only an idiot would vote for him.

Biden lied, exaggerated, ...and won because he survived? Living in a basement is surviving. He has been living as a politician in a basement for 47 years while accomplishing nothing...but NOW he wants to do something for America? No thanks. He and his family have enriched themselves enough.

Trump would have been able to win the debate last night if he were able to exercise some form of self-control. His inability to act like a civilized human being was his undoing. Biden’s performance was not great by any means, but at least he came across as rationale and in self-control. Trump was a disgrace to the presidency and America.

No he didn't.
Biden was perfectly clear he condemned violence.
I disagree....but he did enough / said enough to lose the left. You will see him back-tracking now to shore that up.

On that last night Biden has very little to worry about in debates...

In boxing match terms...
Biden was there to box and Trump was there to grab on... The fight was ugly and the ref gave Trump warnings for grabbing on...
Biden landed a few blows, Trump threw next to nothing... No knockout...

Biden by points...

If Trump brings up Hunter Biden tonight, here is how I would recommend that Joe Biden respond:

What did I or Hunter do that was illegal - or even unethical? I would remind you that you have two family members working for you in the White House - and both were denied security clearances - which you overrode. This means that you gave them access to our nation's top secrets. Why were they denied security clearances in the first place?

Fire the prosecutor and you get your billion dollars. Biden in full media view about the investigation of his son Hunter.

You are lying! That is false information that has been thoroughly debunked. Your lying dog won't hunt. Tonight's moderator, Chris Wallace, knows the truth.
"Debunked"....The cry of the liberoidal who got caught cold.

Yup according to Biden all questions about him, money and his son were all debunked. Had to laugh at that one. In fact I laughed a lot when Biden spoke.

He said he and Obama left Trump a great economy which Trump ruined. Guess UE at the lowest its been in 50 years, jobs all across the country and a great economy is a ruined economy.

Biden also wants to keep the country shut down when things should be opening up to get the economy up and rolling. Trump was right about that.

Biden also blamed Trump for the 200,000 American dead instead of the Chinese. He also ignored Trump when Trump reminded him that he called Trump a racist when he wanted to stop flights into the US. Biden had no answer so kept his mouth shut.

I had a lot of the questions I had answered last night and will be watching Pence/Harris to see how that goes. I'll also be watching the next Presidential debate.

I think that was the impression Chris Wallace gave everyone......because Wallace was there to keep Trump off of Biden.
Biden could interrupt Trump any time he wanted.....but Trump wasn't even allowed to finish his thoughts without Wallace going....but...but...but...but....this is a tactic Wallace uses on his Sunday shows. When he doesn't like the answer....he starts doing his motorboat routine. It's why I stopped watching his show.
This is a trend I've seen with debate moderators....the Republican isn't just debating the Democrat....he has to deal with an argumentative moderator as well.
In my opinion, all Trump had to do was show up and let Biden destroy himself. But it went the other way around. The debate isn't going to change anyone's mind that is already made up. Like both of ours. I am not voting for Biden now, just like I wasn't yesterday. But there are people on the fence. There are folks that can go either way, and last night I believe Trump took more hits than Biden. It was a schoolyard brawl, a complete mess.
And I do agree Wallace does indeed interrupt too much. It isn't a high school debate forum. That can add frustration to an already obvious tense debate. I agree he certainly interrupted Trump more than Biden, particularly when it was Trump's turn and he would start to talk and Wallace would interrupt simply to tell him it is his turn. That was dumb, and he did it 3 times by my count.
But in the end - I think for fence sitters... Biden looked better. Everyone was expecting little from him, but also expected him to falter and lose his place...confused.. but Trump never gave him more than 10 seconds to speak.

On that last night Biden has very little to worry about in debates...

In boxing match terms...
Biden was there to box and Trump was there to grab on... The fight was ugly and the ref gave Trump warnings for grabbing on...
Biden landed a few blows, Trump threw next to nothing... No knockout...

Biden by points...
To continue with your boxing analogy, Trump was like a punch drunk fighter. A boxer that just took one too many blows to the head.

Forum List

Back