Official USMB Debate 2020 -- "Round One" Thread..

Was the first presidential debate a "shit show"?

• Yes

Votes: 59 88.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
A lion? Only if the lion is rabid, and lashing out insanely like a maniac. Trump was completely incapable of controlling himself. His face was red and sweaty, and he looked like he was ready to pop a vein.
How would you react if you were running for office and you could tell the election was being rigged against you? Trump has every right to react the way he did.

His lack of courage in answering the packing of the Supreme Court is interesting. We ll see if this hurts Biden.
Biden punted
Yes. Unfortunate. Shows cowardice.

Trump didn’t punt on condemning White Supremacy
He just can’t do it. Looked like he was going to at first, then backed away
Where is it give us some names of these people
Will you shut up and let adults speak? Jeezuz
Jews are not human we step on you
Inbreeding has you punch drunk. Stand down.
Find a country that will take you people in

Link it. I'd love to see the differences between the two plans.
Maybe he shouldn't have plagiarized the name if he wanted to put out a separate plan.
He's never been known to plagiarize things before, right?

Bidens version is $96 trillion cheaper.

If the debate was as shit show it was because Trump refused to shut the hell up and abide by the rules.
When are moderators gonna quit treating these things like 1st grade show & tell?

The format was 2 minutes each then OPEN DISCUSSION for what 10 or 15 minutes? How is CONSTANTLY interupting by the moderator open discussion?
I agree the moderation was poor.

AOC has threatened to poke out his eyes if he doesn't. So he does.
He clearly stated that the GND was not the Biden plan when its costs came up.
4 million buildings reworked I heard right? Weatherizing homes?
500,000 electric vehicles right? With Calif outlawing gas engines in 2035, AND with Calif having electric generation problems...i.e. blackouts, hmmm... answers?

Actually 500,000 electric vehicles is not that unreasonable. IIRC the U.S. federal govt. purchases an average of 40,000 new commercial vehicles every year. So if a president mandated that those vehicles purchased to be electrically powered that would add up to 320,000 in 8 years right there.

The thing was, Biden acted like a gentleman who was concerned about the American People.
Trump acted like a petulant child, who spent more time arguing with the moderator than espousing his positions.
And Wallace was probably the most friendly moderator he was going to get.
Trump is the one who cares about real Americans, Biden only cares about the people who came here from shit hole countries.
Biden didn't act like a gentleman lol. Watch the first 10 or 15 minutes and count all the personal insults he slung.

Then count all the times he called trump "man"
That is the dead giveaway that he's losing it. Unfortunately between Trumps insistence on having the last word and Wallace rescuing him by changing the subject the meltdown never materialized
STAND BY QANON
What is that stupid shit supposed to mean? If you have a point, MAKE IT, or STFU

Trump is right, the election is already rigged.
It is, but it still might be enough of a dominating win for Trump.

I hope so, because otherwise, get ready for war.
Trump lost badly...

He looked like he had no plan... Biden was talking policies, trump ended up insulting Biden's dead son...

When did Trump insult Biden’s dead son? What were you watching? Trump was talking about HUNTER, NOT BEAU.
But the question was posed to Biden and Biden was talking about Beau. trump was off topic.

It was as if the Fake News WaPo came up with the idiotic questions for the limp wristed Wallace. Kung Flu, the President's taxes, the myth of White power groups taking over cities, the myth of global warming causing forest fires, etc. Hidin' Biden actually remembered his Fake News talking points, that President Trump was hiding in a bunker instead of Hidin'. "Projection" is the main ad hominem democrats use against the truth.

Despite the intrusive, dnc motivated moderation and questions totally biased in favor of Fake News, President Trump did manage to bring up relevant issues such as Hidin' Biden's corruption and his son's corrupt ties to China, Ukraine and Russia. Hidin' Biden made no sense generally, lied about his past corruption, and refused to answer an actual relevant question, and made that stupid grin everytime he realized he did not doze off so far.

Easy victory for President Trump under very unfair circumstances in regards to the moderation and questions.

In regards to the idiocy that "Trump did not condemn White groups" why would he? Why not have a complete list of groups to condemn and have each candidate comment. Why wasn't Hidin' Biden asked if he would condemn BLM, or Black Israelites, or other radical racist groups who openly hate Whitey?

Last edited:
Go to Bidens website, he has his plans there for you to read. I can only translate or mis-translate.
I don't need to translate, here's a direct quote:
Biden believes the Green New Deal is a crucial framework for meeting the climate challenges we face.
Plan for Climate Change and Environmental Justice | Joe Biden
He plaigerized the name, not the plan. Biden also believes in defunding the police, but not cutting off their funding.

Same name, different plan.

Trump lost badly...

He looked like he had no plan... Biden was talking policies, trump ended up insulting Biden's dead son...

When did Trump insult Biden’s dead son? What were you watching? Trump was talking about HUNTER, NOT BEAU.

Biden was talking about Beau at the time... Trump was just overreaching...

The debate was awful... Wallace was not at fault...

Trump was filled with false statements...
You say that as you defend a lie

Phhhhhheewww....oh boy....

First off, hats off to Wallace. That could not have been an easy job. For those of you who say Wallace is a disgrace...you are entitled to your opinion...but I just dont see it.

I imagine wallace, after he leaves tonight is going to have himself a stiff drink.....or 18....

I did not see where wallace was favoring trump at all. He spent most of the debate trying to shut trump down. Again, that chair was a tough place to be tonight.

Say what you will, but biden did it. He held out for the entire debate and didn't cave. Sure, he had a few moments where he got a bit tongue tied, but at the end of it all, he didn't turn into the nonsensical babbling person people thought he would. For the most part, he stayed on point. Its because of this that I think trumps antics actually helped biden.

Biden, by withstanding trumps onslaught, showed people he has more resolve. I think this is going to play well for biden, not so much for trump.

Trump had a good opportunity here to prove all of his critics wrong. He should have stood up there, and respected biden. He should have respected Wallace, and the rules of the debate. They both should have spoken when it was their turn and respected the other person when it wasn't.

Trump had an opportunity to look presidential, but he didn't do it. He had to be the aggressor and the bully. He had to dominate and try to shut biden down. He could have been the bigger man, and people would have gained respect for him, because he would have shown the country that he could stand there and carry on a debate, calmly, and with reservation.

Again, I think this is not going to play well for trump. Let's hope someone talks to him and gives him some constructive criticism before their next debate.

I think most people have already made up their minds, so, in the long run, this will probably not really hurt trump.
200 million?
Huh?

Trump lost badly...

Biden was talking about Beau at the time... Trump was just overreaching...

The debate was awful... Wallace was not at fault...

Trump was filled with false statements...

That was when Biden was lying about Trump calling soldiers losers.

Meanwhile, we have on video Biden calling them stupid bastards.

Which Biden lied and denied saying even though it's on video.

We all know Chris Wallace will hammer trump and give biden a pass

Elementary, my dear Watson

That goes without saying. ;)
Ya because he knows Trump is a lying ass hole, and Trump proved it tonight ,when the fact check comes in from everyone and Trumps non stop lies and distortions , it will swing this debate to Biden, he didn't have to do anything actually .Just let Trump be a asshole and go with his only true self a lying peice of dirt.

His lack of courage in answering the packing of the Supreme Court is interesting. We ll see if this hurts Biden.
Biden punted
Yes. Unfortunate. Shows cowardice.

Trump didn’t punt on condemning White Supremacy
He just can’t do it. Looked like he was going to at first, then backed away
He said Proud Boys stand down and Biden said Antifa is an idea?

No. He didn't say ”Proud Boys stand down”.
He did. LoneLoser. Turn up your miracle ear, fatty.

You are, as is often the case, wrong. Will you be man enough to admit your error?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Forum List

Back