Official Thread for Denial of GreenHouse Effect and Radiative Physics.

notice they run away? I continue to laugh.

Sock-puppets always return to their feasting grounds ... she's learned to not deny the Greenhouse Effect ... so she's distorting it ...

I don't doubt carbon dioxide increases temperatures at the surface ... but temperature is proportional to mass, not ratios, and there's very little mass being added to our atmosphere ...

Thus very little temperature increase from carbon dioxide alone ... we measure water vapor by the teratonne ... 2 kilojoules per gram just to keep it as vapor ...

Sock-puppets always return to their feasting grounds ... she's learned to not deny the Greenhouse Effect ... so she's distorting it ...

I don't doubt carbon dioxide increases temperatures at the surface ... but temperature is proportional to mass, not ratios, and there's very little mass being added to our atmosphere ...

Thus very little temperature increase from carbon dioxide alone ... we measure water vapor by the teratonne ... 2 kilojoules per gram just to keep it as vapor ...
there's no way CO2 can increase temperatures. Zero.

Pure CO2 does ... a little ... and 150 ppm does too, proportionally less ... we just need to use a thermometer that reads in billionths of degrees ...
how if two CO2 molecules can't make each other warmer, what makes them warmer?

how if two CO2 molecules can't make each other warmer, what makes them warmer?

Radiation from the Sun ... and less so from the Earth ...

If one molecule is 1 eV warmer than the other, then a 1.2 µm photon will transition the gap between and then the other molecule will be 1 eV warmer and emit another 1.2 µm photon ... back and forth ... forever I guess ... energy can't be destroyed willy-nilly ...

Mankind doesn't produce enough energy to raise the temp of the Earth one tiny bit.
That's a truly ignorant comment. If I pull up a fistful of grass and expose the dark soil, I will raise the Earth's temperature a tiny bit.
If we did, we would be flying to the asteroid belt as a common occurrence already.
I haven't the faintest idea what logic you're applying here but, based on your previous claims, I suspect it's crap.
The climate changes. Always has, always will. It takes extraordinary arrogance to think we can do anything about it.
The climate doesn't change spontaneously but when forces drive it one way or the other. And since you haven't provided one iota of science, empirical observations or even basic reasoning to provide the slightest basis for your claim here, I have to conclude it is just as ignorant, unsupported and worthless as every other claim you've ever made here.

Last edited:
Radiation from the Sun ... and less so from the Earth ...

If one molecule is 1 eV warmer than the other, then a 1.2 µm photon will transition the gap between and then the other molecule will be 1 eV warmer and emit another 1.2 µm photon ... back and forth ... forever I guess ... energy can't be destroyed willy-nilly ...
why would one molecule have a different eV than what the surface emitted?

why would one molecule have a different eV than what the surface emitted?

The surface emits a spectrum ... and that spectrum is strictly a function of temperature ... at Earth's temperatures, it's safe to assume all wavelengths from near IR to long radio is emitted ... including 1.2 µm that carbon dioxide is reactive with ... and each individual molecule can absorb one individual photon of 1.2 µm EM radiation ... making that one molecule 1 eV hotter than all the rest of the carbon dioxide molecules ... 2nd Law demands that one molecule emit back out a 1.2 µm photon ... which in turn is absorbed by a different carbon dioxide molecule, making this next molecule 1 eV hotter ... etc etc etc etc etc until a photon exits out into space or is returned back to the surface ... adding the 1 eV to the temperature of the Earth ...

The Greenhouse Effect ...

As a rule of thumb ... 1.2 divided by wavelength in microns gives photon energy in electron-volts ...

The surface emits a spectrum ... and that spectrum is strictly a function of temperature ... at Earth's temperatures, it's safe to assume all wavelengths from near IR to long radio is emitted ... including 1.2 µm that carbon dioxide is reactive with ... and each individual molecule can absorb one individual photon of 1.2 µm EM radiation ... making that one molecule 1 eV hotter than all the rest of the carbon dioxide molecules ... 2nd Law demands that one molecule emit back out a 1.2 µm photon ... which in turn is absorbed by a different carbon dioxide molecule, making this next molecule 1 eV hotter ... etc etc etc etc etc until a photon exits out into space or is returned back to the surface ... adding the 1 eV to the temperature of the Earth ...

As a rule of thumb ... 1.2 divided by wavelength in microns gives photon energy in electron-volts ...
Sorry, Not with what you just pasted does that if every molecule is the same then no molecule can emit more photons than any other molecule. Your path remains in error per the 2nd law two objects at the same temperature cannot warm up. Period!!!!!!

Sorry, Not with what you just pasted does that if every molecule is the same then no molecule can emit more photons than any other molecule. Your path remains in error per the 2nd law two objects at the same temperature cannot warm up. Period!!!!!!

What? ... are you sure you're talking about the the bandwidths the molecule is reactive with? ... very few molecules will be holding this energy under environmental conditions ... why these wavelengths take longer to exit the atmosphere ... while being absorbed and re-radiated, the energy exists as kinetic energy = temperature ...

Remember: Performing work requires the passage of time ... for this interaction, about a half second ... an eternity compared to the speed-of-light ...

They never include grass in their tests of what plants turn CO2 into O2.

I wonder why that is?

think-emoji-thinking.gif

They never include grass in their tests of what plants turn CO2 into O2.

I wonder why that is?

think-emoji-thinking.gif

Corn, wheat and rice? ... what other plants would they test? ... it's the trees that are missing because of deforestation, grass is what is grown instead ... here the climate change is due to less transpiration, rain water is drawn up into the forest canopy and evaporated to be rained out downwind ... this doesn't work as well with the grasses humans grow ... it's the rodent in us, the burrowing kind ...

Corn, wheat and rice? ... what other plants would they test? ... it's the trees that are missing because of deforestation, grass is what is grown instead ... here the climate change is due to less transpiration, rain water is drawn up into the forest canopy and evaporated to be rained out downwind ... this doesn't work as well with the grasses humans grow ... it's the rodent in us, the burrowing kind ...
Uhmm..

Moles, bro?

You don't know the difference between a bushel of corn and a bale of hay? No wonder you have problems. :dunno:

What? ... are you sure you're talking about the the bandwidths the molecule is reactive with? ... very few molecules will be holding this energy under environmental conditions ... why these wavelengths take longer to exit the atmosphere ... while being absorbed and re-radiated, the energy exists as kinetic energy = temperature ...

Remember: Performing work requires the passage of time ... for this interaction, about a half second ... an eternity compared to the speed-of-light ...
but same temperature objects can't warm each other. So the best you get is same temperature as the surface emitting back. I know the UV rays give us sunburns and CO2 ain't got anything to do with that. So where's their heat? Why can't anyone explain where in the atmosphere this heat is at?

but same temperature objects can't warm each other. So the best you get is same temperature as the surface emitting back. I know the UV rays give us sunburns and CO2 ain't got anything to do with that. So where's their heat? Why can't anyone explain where in the atmosphere this heat is at?

Why are you looking at the atmosphere? ... and what do you mean by "heat" ... that term was depreciated in the 19th Century ... do you mean thermal "heat" or latent "heat" ... if you're only looking at temperature, you're wrong ... only stupid people only use temperature to measure global warming ... kitchen counter science ... put a quart on ice in a quart of tap water in a pan and set it on a lit stove burner ... we're adding energy yet temperatures are falling ... that's because of latent heat ... high school chemistry ..

The energy from the Sun comes to us in visible light ... not IR, not UV ... VISIBLE LIGHT ...

=====

The Earth would be -10ºC without an atmosphere ... it's +14ºC with the atmosphere ... this extra kinetic energy is where your "heat" is ... I guess ... alchemy isn't one of my strong subjects ... I don't know where air elementals and fire elementals mix ... real science uses nitrogen and oxygen mixtures ...

Why are you looking at the atmosphere? ... and what do you mean by "heat" ... that term was depreciated in the 19th Century ... do you mean thermal "heat" or latent "heat" ... if you're only looking at temperature, you're wrong ... only stupid people only use temperature to measure global warming ... kitchen counter science ... put a quart on ice in a quart of tap water in a pan and set it on a lit stove burner ... we're adding energy yet temperatures are falling ... that's because of latent heat ... high school chemistry ..

The energy from the Sun comes to us in visible light ... not IR, not UV ... VISIBLE LIGHT ...

=====

The Earth would be -10ºC without an atmosphere ... it's +14ºC with the atmosphere ... this extra kinetic energy is where your "heat" is ... I guess ... alchemy isn't one of my strong subjects ... I don't know where air elementals and fire elementals mix ... real science uses nitrogen and oxygen mixtures ...
well, interesting. So the surface emits IR which the CO2 and other gases absorb. Water vapor as one other gas along with nitrogen and oxygen, and water vapor one can measure as humidity, but I am unaware of the magic CO2 measuring device to say with confidence that CO2 adds heat. Convection heats our atmosphere more than IR from any gas emitting heat. Without CO2 there are no humans. Need at least 170 PPM of it for plants to survive to make oxygen for us, and plants do much better with more CO2, not less. Why are so many trying to kill us by removing that with which we deathly need. CO2, does not emit any more IR than it absorbs and that is only 50% of the absorbed IR. the rest goes to space.

Why are you looking at the atmosphere? ... and what do you mean by "heat" ... that term was depreciated in the 19th Century ...
Depreciated? What do you mean by that?
do you mean thermal "heat" or latent "heat" ... if you're only looking at temperature, you're wrong ... only stupid people only use temperature to measure global warming ...
Most of the world's scientists use temperature for this and all sorts of other things.
kitchen counter science ... put a quart on ice in a quart of tap water in a pan and set it on a lit stove burner ... we're adding energy yet temperatures are falling ... that's because of latent heat ... high school chemistry ..
It is high school chemistry but you seem to think its enough to diss someone with.
That's not true.
Solar-spectrum-at-the-top-of-the-atmosphere-and-at-sea-level-1.png

Not one government can solve homelessness in their country, but apparently, they can fix the earth's temperature if you pay more tax.

Kinda pretty much sums up this climate crap.

Japan has virtually no homelessness ... just mental cases who escape their asylum ... their culture long ago adopted "tiny houses" ...

We fix temperature by using less energy ... and remembering EVs are part of the problem ... we need 90% less passenger vehicles of all types ...

Forum List

Back