TrumpNation and the Phrase “truthful hyperbole”

May 4, 2022

My Lawyers Got Trump to Admit 30 Lies Under Oath

"Trump sued me, then had to acknowledge 30 times during a deposition that he had lied over the years about a wide range of issues."

Factual: proven lie in a court of law.

"Have you previously associated with people you knew were members of organized crime?" one of my lawyers asked.

"No, I haven't," Trump responded.

"Zone 2": All other forums not specified as Zone 1 or Zone 3: This will apply to the vast majority of the board.: Baiting and polarizing OP's (Opening Posts), and thread titles risk the thread either being moved or trashed. Also see important policy on "Clean Thread Starts" at the following link -- New "Clean Start" Policy on Creating Threads . Keep it relevant, choose wisely. Each post must contain significant and specific thread topic content to advance the discussion, in addition to any personal flame or snark. No trolling. No hit and run flames. No hijacking or derailing threads.

• Banned
Trump was Caught in 30 Lies During One 2007 Deposition

As a businessman (taxes, filings, bookkeeping):

"Have you ever lied in public statements about your properties?” a lawyer asked Trump. The current GOP Presidential candidate replied, “I try and be truthful,” adding, “I’m no different from a politician running for office. You always want to put the best foot forward.” In one part of the deposition, Trump acknowledged that he once intentionally implied to a reporter that he owned a 50 percent stake in a real estate project. He then admitted that in reality, he only owned 30 percent.

quotes:

Attorney Andrew Ceresney asked Trump how much the New York City education center The Learning Annex paid him for a speaking engagement. “I was paid more than a million dollars,” Trump said. Ceresney asked how much of that was actually in cash. “Approximately $400,000.”

So where did more than half of Trump’s claimed amount come from? As the Post put it, “the intangible value of publicity.” Trump apparently claimed that the value of getting his name and brand out there was worth even more than the speech itself. By that logic, if Trump had spoken for free, he could have claimed he was paid $600,000.

The case came about after a book, “Trump Nation: The Art of Being the Donald,” came out in 2005. It was written by then-New York Times reporter Timothy L. O’Brien. In it, O’Brien reportedly questioned sources who said that Trump was worth between $150 million and $250 million, disputing Trump’s claim that he was worth billions.

• Banned
Trump was Caught in 30 Lies During One 2007 Deposition

As a businessman (taxes, filings, bookkeeping):

quotes:

Attorney Andrew Ceresney asked Trump how much the New York City education center The Learning Annex paid him for a speaking engagement. “I was paid more than a million dollars,” Trump said. Ceresney asked how much of that was actually in cash. “Approximately $400,000.”

So where did more than half of Trump’s claimed amount come from? As the Post put it, “the intangible value of publicity.” Trump apparently claimed that the value of getting his name and brand out there was worth even more than the speech itself. By that logic, if Trump had spoken for free, he could have claimed he was paid $600,000.

The case came about after a book, “Trump Nation: The Art of Being the Donald,” came out in 2005. It was written by then-New York Times reporter Timothy L. O’Brien. In it, O’Brien reportedly questioned sources who said that Trump was worth between $150 million and $250 million, disputing Trump’s claim that he was worth billions.

People hitting a FAKE NEWS button must be in denial about the realization that this is TRUTH from court records.

And for anyone that might consider claiming this thread is a "One-sided partisanship" hackjob, unworthy of consideration, I say refute a fact. I say try not to deflect. I say try to be honest.

I don't if people believe a comparison or moral equivalency is in order here. For when discussing the wrong doings of an individual, when is it a credible defeense and appropriate to bring up what otehrs might have done? If peopl edo so, I will say you remind me of the child who when they get caught at doing something wrong, whines 'But Mom/Dad, Johnnie/Rebecca did it too!" as if that is a defense of wrong doing.

If we all step outside of our info bubbles, we'd know, we'd be forced to admit that it is only one man - the "I alone..." guy, who decades ago defended lies of his own as being 'truthful hyperbole' and stating he believed lying as a businessman and celebrity was ok, because he himself believed all politicians lie -- his family was long involved in shady business dealings with politicians in NYC/NY State - only to become a politician himself.

note: He can't help his mouth. He has impulses to attack everyone personally, in order to deflect and strike out at how life is so unfair to the richest kid on the block:
witness this:
"You can go ahead and speak to guys who have four-hundred-pound wives at home who are jealous of me, but the guys who really know me know I'm a great builder,"

"Trump sued me, then had to acknowledge 30 times during a deposition that he had lied over the years about a wide range of issues."

5q0qd2.jpg

• Banned
They are in a cult.

Trump's History of Lies pre Presidential run:
quotes:

Q: Have you ever not been truthful?

A: My net worth fluctuates, and it goes up and down with markets and with attitudes and with feelings, even my own feelings, but I try.

Q: Let me just understand that a little bit. Let’s talk about net worth for a second. You said that the net worth goes up and down based upon your own feelings?

A: Yes, even my own feelings, as to where the world is, where the world is going, and that can change rapidly from day to day. Then you have a September 11th, and you don’t feel so good about yourself and you don’t feel so good about the world and you don’t feel so good about New York City. Then you have a year later, and the city is as hot as a pistol. Even months after that it was a different feeling. So yeah, even my own feelings affect my value to myself.

Q
: When you publicly state what you’re worth, what do you base that number on?

A
: I would say it’s my general attitude at the time that the question may be asked. And as I say, it varies.

• Banned

Trump lost in court again - to his niece and the NYT

So tired of winning yet?

Great to hear that he truly is a wonderful and real man.Like Baby Jesus was.
God and Man .
As we all lie at least ten times a day on average, his record of only thirty in several years makes him saintly .
I always thought the title of Saint Donald was befitting .
Thank you Baby Jesus for giving us Saint Don, or the Donny Christ Child, as we call him.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back