Zone1 What is Racism?

I do believe a concrete definition of racism is required here at USMB. This is because we have a segment of the membership here who have created a definition based on things thsat don't meet the standard. This section of the forum is titled race and racism, meaning issues about race and racism are the topics to be discussed. Yet if some members here present issues of race, they are personally attacked, their threads are hijacked and closed while other threads that are openly racist don't get touched.

Racism: a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

Notice what the definition does not say. It does not say that racism is the mere discussion of race. It does not say that racism is the mention of a persons skin color or race. It does not say that the mention of public plicy, laws or past racist actions by a specific group is racist. Only when such things are stated in a way that infers racial superiority to an ENTIRE RACE, not a subgroup within a race, are those things racist.

So, for example, a white member of the forum stating that blacks in Baltimore commit more violent crimes than blacks elsewhere is not a racist statement. But what happens here is that white members start talking about black crime as evidence t the entire black race is accused of being violent criminals. Never do we see a description of a particular portion of the black community. The same goes with welfare. Then we have the all blacks who vote democrat stuff, which implie that blacks are too stupid to think for ourselves, while white liberals are so much more intelligent based on them being white that we must rely on them for knowledge,that is racist.

Contrast this to pointing out white republican racism, which does not imply that the ENTIRE WHITE RACE is racist, and this is what gets called racism in this forum, primarily by white republicans who make the type of broadbrushing comments about blacks that I posted in the prior paragraph.

So my suggested solution is this, why don't we go by the Websters dictionary definition of racism to evalute what is racist and not the grievance industry defntion?
Racism: The practice of winning arguments on political issues while being white.

That's proven wrong in this forum daily.
Only in your imagination. Here is proof of what you pretend is not true, even though you know it is true. Everybody else knows it is true too.

bellcurve5.jpg

=========================
2006 College & University
Guidance, Scholarships, Money and Info Gateways
(For Students, Parents, College Advisors, Mentors,
and Cultural Groups)
==========================

SAT and ACT Scores by Race/Ethnicity: 2003

In recent years the noted pattern of test scores has reflected similar numbers--
Editor, 2005

SAT Ethnic Group Scores (Math/Verbal+total)

• American Indian---482/480 (962)
• Asian American-----575/508 (1083)
• African American-----426/431 (857)
• Puerto Rican----457/448 (905)

Other Hispanic----464/457 (921)

• White-----534/529 (1063)
• Other ----513/501 (1014)

Source: www.collegeboard.com

Average ACT Composite Score by Race/Ethnicity, 2003
----------------------------------------------------

• African American ----16.9
• American Indian---18.7
• Caucasian---- 21.7
• Mexican American----18.3
• Asian American---- 21.8
• Hispanic----19.0
• Other ----19.3
• Multiracial-----20.9
• Prefer Not to Respond -----21.8
• No Response-----20.1

Source: www.act.org

Quote from attached SAT/ACT article:

"Readiness for college science and math coursework was particularly low among
African American students. Only 5 percent of African American test-takers scored
at or above the college-readiness benchmark for college biology, and just 10
percent attained the readiness benchmark for college algebra. Ferguson said
Black students were less likely than others to take tough, college-prep courses
and "often don't receive the information and guidance they need to properly plan
for college."

For overview and more info, go to:
http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m0DXK/15_20/109265562/p1/article.jhtml

SAT and ACT Scores by Race/Ethnicity

I wish every single white person would stop caring that they are labeled a racist. It would make the race discussion much more fun.

Dilbert 2.jpeg

The fact that one rash statement by Scott Adams destroyed his career is disturbing to me. I miss Dilbert.

I always saw Scott Adams as a kind of a leftist. The targets of his satire were not big government, high taxes, and lazy government employees, but alienating work conditions in the private sector, imperious bosses, and CEO's who gave themselves raises and bonuses after firing twenty percent of their employees.

Forum List

Back