Official Coronavirus Thread - Up to the minute Coronavirus map and count.

We shouldn't be going to the hospitals for testing We should just have drive up testing, or free temp clinics.

There's another thread on why the states don't have test kits yet. It's not Trump's fault the FDA has those rules in place. Anyway, this week we should be getting the test kits and we can get tested. Then they'll know where it is spreading faster. I doubt one will be hospitalized unless they are in the danger category and require it. Those are the ones who could die. The COVID-19 vaccine testing was supposed to start in Washington on 3/19. Has it been started already? It different type of vaccine than in the past. Suppose to help the RNA (DNA?).

siap. Cyberattack hits health department.

Key U.S. Health Agency Suffers Cyberattack During Coronavirus Response

'(Bloomberg) — The U.S. Health and Human Services Department suffered a cyberattack Sunday night during the nation’s response to the coronavirus pandemic, according to three people familiar with the matter.

"The attack appears to have been intended to slow the agency’s systems down, but didn’t do so in any meaningful way, said the people, who asked for anonymity to discuss an incident that was not public.'

Rumors of national quarantine are FAKE.

'NSC tweeted just before midnight: “Text message rumors of a national #quarantine are FAKE. There is no national lockdown. @CDCgov has and will continue to post the latest guidance on #COVID19.”'

Key U.S. Health Agency Suffers Cyberattack During Coronavirus Response

Gulp. A state lockdown is not imminent, but it could be on the table.

'To start — California has recorded 335 confirmed cases and six deaths as of Sunday at 5:30 p.m. We’re closing in on 12,000 people who are self-monitoring for symptoms.
  • Faced with mounting coronavirus infections, California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Sunday issued sweeping new restrictions in California, calling for home isolation of everyone in the state over age 65 and people with chronic disease, both high-risk populations. He’s asking bars to close, and restaurants to reduce their occupancy. And, he’s putting more resources into protecting the homeless by acquiring hotels to shelter them.
“We recognize that social isolation for millions of Californians is anxiety-inducing,” he said. But, “we need to meet this moment head on, and lean in and own this moment ... and take actions we think are commensurate with the need to protect the most vulnerable Californians.”'

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politic...icle241167586.html#storylink=topdigest_latest

Wow. I remember the other day when it was 0. This is getting out of control.
More than 3,700 people have tested positive for the new COVID-19 disease in the U.S. and at least 71 have died. Globally, the death toll was just over 6,500 on Monday, with the weekend seeing an alarming spike in fatalities in three European nations grappling with aggressive outbreaks.
Coronavirus shutdowns spread across U.S. as death toll tops 70

More than 3,700 people have tested positive for the new COVID-19 disease in the U.S. and at least 71 have died. Globally, the death toll was just over 6,500 on Monday, with the weekend seeing an alarming spike in fatalities in three European nations grappling with aggressive outbreaks.

And now this...

Thousands leave Miami cruise ship without screenings after former passenger had coronavirus

Asswipe needs to step down!!!!!

when was that date exactly. you know, the other day?

Twice as many die in one day alone from pneumonia in the USA but that’s a fact and proportionate assessment of threat which will get you locked up right now

Woohoo! 71. Can we make it to 100? Come on 100!

QUOTE="The Original Tree, post: 24252892, member: 60550"]
Woohoo! 71. Can we make it to 100? Come on 100![/QUOTE]
Right? I feel exactly the same way.

As far as monitoring one's own locale --- the CDC map does not appear to be getting updated at all.

I've heard the rich have ordered the gigabit internet as they may be home more. Thus, with increased and more profitable orders, cable cos, AT&T, and others have scrambled to meet this demand. There may be work in your neighborhood to upgrade utility lines.

More people have recovered than have died.

And now this...

Thousands leave Miami cruise ship without screenings after former passenger had coronavirus

Asswipe needs to step down!!!!!
Obama personally handled every cruise ship during the Ebola pandemic

70 people over how much time ?

Do you know how many people die in the U.S. on a daily basis.

And how many have died from the flu during the same time frame as the 71.

70 deaths is out of control? Some perspective:

From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

Additionally, CDC estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died from (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during the first year the virus circulated.** Globally, 80 percent of (H1N1)pdm09 virus-related deaths were estimated to have occurred in people younger than 65 years of age. This differs greatly from typical seasonal influenza epidemics, during which about 70 percent to 90 percent of deaths are estimated to occur in people 65 years and older.
CDC: 2009 H1N1 Pandemic

It's people like you that need to STFU.

Panic (which you guys do a lot) is not helpful.

Forum List

Back