Official Coronavirus Thread - Up to the minute Coronavirus map and count.

Then if I'm a liar you can post up an otherwise healthy American who died from corona virus right? You still haven be ads you can't. We already know it's contagious. Don't need a test for that. In the end not getting sick is on us. Not Donald Trump. You aren't really concurned about this virus so much as its just another way for you to say "FUCK TRUMP!". Fact is, healthy people are safe. If you are in a coma laying in a hospital bed waiting to die this will speed you along. That's all their is to it and you can't prove anything otherwise.

Actually it's YOUR job to prove your absolute. Been waiting for that all day. You can't do it.

There are absolutely zero cases of moderately healthy Americans dying from corona virus. Period. That is an absolute. How does one prove that? See, the news you watch won't say it because then you will stop watching and go live instead of hiding in your closet.

I don't know how one proves that, it's YOUR job. You just stated it as an absolute, yet again. We're STILL waiting for that link.

Are you retarded?

Lol, retarded. Tea pot kettle there professor. You are supposed to be an expert in facts, yet here you are unable to provide a 40 year old American dying from this virus. Here is a link for you. I hope it helps you not be so afraid. Life is to awesome to let Larry O scare you under your bed.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

I DIDN'T MAKE SUCH AN ASS-ERTION, Gummo. Only you made an assertion. And we CONTINUE TO wait for you to back it up.

I don't need to go do your homework for you ---- ****YOU**** need to do that.

And you can't. You failed. You lose.

But you did and do assert that all the time. You say "link" and the. You go on like you are. Fact is, corona virus is only dangerous to really d sick people and infants. Period. If that's wrong then please quote from the CDC website saying different. You won't because you can not. Period. This last post was your surrender. It's how you always do it.

Fact is, corona virus is only dangerous to really d sick people and infants. Period. If that's wrong then please quote from the CDC website saying different.
You could go to any reputable website to see they are at higher risk, but not the only ones at risk. Any of them.

Our curve? You make it sound like an end of the world zombie outbreak.
Huh? What is that nonsense? The curve just shows data. How many cases, and when.

I don't mean to be a dick, but it's only dangerous to folks who are already sick
You're not being a dick, you're being an irresponsible liar by making up stupid shit. No, previously ill people are not the only ones who will require inpatient care.

My county has 375,000 people. It has 1436 hospital beds. If only 3% of the population requires inpatient care over a 3-month span, our hospitals will be overwhelmed, and we will be choosing who receives care and who does not. People who would otherwise survive will die, and we will have triages for contagious people with a dangerous virus in our high school gyms, and sports venues, and YMCAs, etc.

Most people with the viruses do not require hospitalization. They may not feel well and just need quarantine. You don't a hospital for that.

And that's the thing, if you go to the hospital all they will do is say your sick, write a perscription for those flu pills and steroids then send you home to hydrate and get better. All the rest is just panic and peddling crap to keep cable news ratings up.

Most people with the viruses do not require hospitalization.
Yes, thank you. It's the ones who do that should worry us.Thank you for taking the entire discussion back to square one. zzzzzzzz

How many of those people with COVID-19 required in-patient hospital care? If you are anyone said it, I must have missed it.

All I know is that in January, February and March, I was hospitalized once each month and I was screened every time I went in the door, plus one ER visit this month. Fortunately, I was sick for other reasons.

COVID-19 cases in the United States by date of illness onset, January 12, 2020, to March 12, 2020, at 4pm ET (n=792)**

Latest data (today) from CDC:

3244 Total confirmed cases
62 Deaths
12 Recovered

Looks to me like the number of new cases is dropping, from a high of 79 on 03/07 to 2 on 03/11 to 0 on 03/13. It could be that some cases may not have been reported though. But frankly I'm not seeing COVID-19 as being that much worse than the Flu.

There are probably a hundred, or a thousand, unconfirmed cases for every confirmed one. Most people don't go the doctor for every sniffle, so they are in no position to be tested.

Like to know where you got your estimate. Unconfirmed cases could be a bad cold, influenza, or something else rather than COVID-19.

That's usually the multiplier that is used to estimate the number of flu cases. Most people who get coronavirus tend to be not that sick, and that is similar to influenza, which the government also tracks the number of cases.

Truly, the actual number of people currently with or recovered from Coronavirus is greater than the "confirmed" cases. And due to the generally mild nature of the symptoms for most people, it would seem to be a lot greater.

Most people who get coronavirus tend to be not that sick

---
I agree, healthy, active people might be infected but their body and immune system is strong enough to fight it off. Now there's a reason to take care of your body, exercise regularly, and stay hydrated. Old effers like me have to realize we ain't as strong as we used to be.

Truly, the actual number of people currently with or recovered from Coronavirus is greater than the "confirmed" cases.

-- I wouldn't doubt it, but I'm not sure I'd buy the assertion that there are probably a thousand unconfirmed cases of COVID-19 out there for every confirmed one. Maybe there are though, apparently this one spreads pretty easily. Many people might be ill with some kind of respiratory illness, but whether it's COVID-19 is unknown. I was just wondering, does COVID-19 mean there are 18 other types of Coronavirus out there?

I do believe this pandemic is somewhat overblown. It's not too different from the Flu, except we don't have vacines and specific medications for COVID-19 yet cuz it's so new. Still, better safe than sorry, the wife and I don't have anyplace that we need to be for awhile so we'll hunker down and ride it out. Hopefully but May it'll be more contained.

There are other coronaviruses (it's a family) but the "19" is for the year it emerged, 2019.

I agree, it's highly unlikely there are a thousand undetected cases for every one detected. That would put us close to four million infections, which would be WAY over the levels of reported cases in China and South Korea where testing has been diligent.

All I know is that in January, February and March, I was hospitalized once each month and I was screened every time I went in the door, plus one ER visit this month. Fortunately, I was sick for other reasons.
well, I hope you are better.

We shouldn't be going to the hospitals for testing We should just have drive up testing, or free temp clinics.

We shouldn't be going to the hospitals for testing We should just have drive up testing, or free temp clinics.

People who aren't very sick aren't likely to get tested. And those who are somewhat ill are more likely just to go to an urgent care center or to their doctor's office- not a "drive up testing". "drive up testing" doesn't differentiate if a patient might have something else totally unrelated to coronavirus. There are still a lot of people with other illnesses out there, both acute and chronic.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2002032

Of 1099 studied patients hospitalized (which, basically, means diagnosed, as they were all hospitalized for quarantine) with covid-19, 6.1% ended up in ICU, on a ventilator, or dead.

Median age of the sample: 47

And this:

"On admission, the degree of severity of Covid-19 was categorized as nonsevere in 926 patients and severe in 173 patients. Patients with severe disease were older than those with nonsevere disease by a median of 7 years. Moreover, the presence of any coexisting illness was more common among patients with severe disease than among those with nonsevere disease (38.7% vs. 21.0%). However, the exposure history between the two groups of disease severity was similar."

So, 61.9% of those admitted with severe disease had no co-existing illness. In this case, "severe disease" means life threatening pneumonia, primarily.

And the President announced we will have drive through testing very shortly and several retailers committed to setting them up in their parking lots. Clinics are a bad idea since that would expose healthy people to a higher than usual probability of close contact with an infected person. At his press conference the President spoke of contracting companies to send technicians to your home in some cases to collect samples for testing.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2002032

Of 1099 studied patients hospitalized (which, basically, means diagnosed, as they were all hospitalized for quarantine) with covid-19, 6.1% ended up in ICU, on a ventilator, or dead.

Median age of the sample: 47

And this:

"On admission, the degree of severity of Covid-19 was categorized as nonsevere in 926 patients and severe in 173 patients. Patients with severe disease were older than those with nonsevere disease by a median of 7 years. Moreover, the presence of any coexisting illness was more common among patients with severe disease than among those with nonsevere disease (38.7% vs. 21.0%). However, the exposure history between the two groups of disease severity was similar."

So, 61.9% of those admitted with severe disease had no co-existing illness. In this case, "severe disease" means life threatening pneumonia, primarily.

So, if this study is our guide, and low end estimates that 20% of people will be infected prove true, then 75,000 people in my county will be infected. Of those, 15.7% = 11,806 will get severe disease, requiring hospitalization.

So, yes, we should be doing everything we can to prevent this.

And the President announced we will have drive through testing very shortly and several retailers committed to setting them up in their parking lots.
Excellent.
Clinics are a bad idea since that would expose healthy people to a higher than usual probability of close contact with an infected person.
True, but it's better than no testing. I have heard people talk about how it would, essentially, operate like a drive by clinic, as you would only get out of your car when it is your turn.

3000, out of a population of 328,200,000. 50 deaths, all persons with underlying problems.

Just sayin'.

Actually 3457 known cases, and 63 deaths. Although it wasn't that long ago that your numbers were actually accurate, which shows how fast they pile up. Hell by the time you read that and click on it it's likely to pile up some more.

That's about 10.4 cases per 1M population. Coupla days ago that was around 6.

And that doesn't mean we're spreading the infection. We don't know that yet. It means we're still catching up to identifying cases that already exist. The whole testing thing, you know.

So there's my link, why don't you show us yours about the "all with underlying problems". Let's pool info together.

The good news is that we have now counted more patients Recovered than Perished (69/73). As we said, this comes as time passes, enough time for those infected to fend off the infection. We've got a long way to catch up with the Chinas and South Koreas (13 times more Recovered than dead) but we've crossed a threshold, for now.

Probably not, but all I can do is my part.
Correct! We are in agreement, there. we can only control what we can control.
So far, it's been old sick people.
So, do you think that might have anything to do with people receiving good medical care? As in, without effective care, that little factoid might change?

No. Because the old people who died were dying from something else. Of all the old people who were taken off that cruse ship, how many have died? What? None? Surely they weren't all 35 year olds.

Seven have died from the Diamond Princess, fifteen are in serious/critical condition.

See there you go. Now, I assume you read that in an article, so that being the case the ages of the people should be known. That as well as any other underlying health issues should have also been printed. The article I saw said one of the Japanese folks who died was 80 years old. You show me a 40 something moderately healthy who dropped dead from corona virus that's one thing. As it is now, only sickly old people have to worry.
That is not quite true. The elderly or those with with lung or cardio vascular diseases, or those with diabetes are high risk. You have to add to that list people with dozens of other diseases that have been left with weaken immune systems. All toll, we are talking about 68 million older adults over 60 and 20 million younger adults that suffer from various disease that put them in a high risk group. That means we are talking about 1 out 4 American that have a relatively high risk of dying if infected.

So, do you think that might have anything to do with people receiving good medical care? As in, without effective care, that little factoid might change?

No. Because the old people who died were dying from something else. Of all the old people who were taken off that cruse ship, how many have died? What? None? Surely they weren't all 35 year olds.

Seven have died from the Diamond Princess, fifteen are in serious/critical condition.

See there you go. Now, I assume you read that in an article, so that being the case the ages of the people should be known. That as well as any other underlying health issues should have also been printed. The article I saw said one of the Japanese folks who died was 80 years old. You show me a 40 something moderately healthy who dropped dead from corona virus that's one thing. As it is now, only sickly old people have to worry.
That is not quite true. The elderly or those with with lung or cardio vascular diseases, or those with diabetes are high risk. You have to add to that list people with dozens of other diseases that have been left with weaken immune systems. All toll, we are talking about 68 million older adults over 60 and 20 million younger adults that suffer from various disease that put them in a high risk group. That means we are talking about 1 out 4 American that have a relatively high risk of dying if infected.

Thing is no one really knows. It looks like everyone on that side of the world is on the down hill side of this. Lots of people died no doubt, but what's lacking is why? no one on the news will point to a case of an avrage guy or gal who isn't in a high risk group getting sick and dying from corona virus. So sure, protect the OD folk, test people so you can send them home until they are better, but stop all the panic and the political bull shit. It's just over kill.

A little over two weeks ago there were only a few cases both confined to small areas in Washington and California. The CDC and the World Health Organization were screaming the need for immediate action but the president was too busy with his South Carolina rally attacking democrats and the media for exaggerating the situation with something so outlandish as an epidemic. He downplayed the virus and called it the flu. In the days following, he ignored the pleas for test kits and joked about the virus in tweets. And after the virus was spreading, he lied to the nation about the availability of test kits, saying that anybody can get a test. First HHS, said that was not so, that testing required a doctor's order. The CDC then admitted that they had a protocol that limited testing to only those with confirmed exposure to the virus and with symptoms. Later Trump's NIH adviser testified before congress that there were not enough test kits.

Finally after the virus had spread to over half the states, the president decides it's time for action. His lack of action in those first critical weeks will be responsible for many thousands more cases and hundreds if not thousands of deaths.

I dont think that is a fair or accurate summary of this administrations action, which I put in blue in the timeline below.

Coronavirus Outbreak Timeline
December 31, 2019 – Cases of pneumonia detected in Wuhan, China, are first reported to the WHO. During this reported period, the virus is unknown. The cases occur between December 12 and December 29, according to Wuhan Municipal Health.

January 1, 2020 – Chinese health authorities close the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market after it is discovered that wild animals sold there may be the source of the virus.

January 5, 2020 – China announces that the unknown pneumonia cases in Wuhan are not SARS or MERS. In a statement, the Wuhan Municipal Health Commission says a retrospective probe into the outbreak has been initiated.

January 7, 2020 – Chinese authorities confirm that they have identified the virus as a novel coronavirus, initially named 2019-nCoV by the WHO.
January 20, 2020 –
China reports 139 new cases of the sickness, including a third death.

January 20, 2020 – The National Institutes of Health announces that it is working on a vaccine against the coronavirus. “The NIH is in the process of taking the first steps towards the development of a vaccine,” says Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

January 21, 2020 – Officials in Washington state confirm the first case on US soil.

January 22, 2020 – Wuhan says it will “temporarily” close its airport and railway stations for departing passengers following news that the death toll from the Wuhan Coronavirus has risen to 17. Chinese authorities confirm at least 547 cases in the mainland.

January 23, 2020 – At an emergency committee convened by the World Health Organization, the WHO says that the Wuhan coronavirus does not yet constitute a public health emergency of international concern.

January 23, 2020 – The Beijing Culture and Tourism Bureau cancels all large-scale Lunar New Year celebrations in an effort to contain the growing spread of Wuhan coronavirus. On the same day, Chinese authorities enforce a partial lockdown of transport in and out of Wuhan. Authorities in the nearby cities of Huanggang and Ezhou Huanggang announce a series of similar measures.

January 26, 2020 – The China Association of Travel Services reports that all tours, including international ones, will be suspended.

January 28, 2020 Chinese President Xi Jinping meets with WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom in Beijing. At the meeting, Xi and the WHO agree to send a team of international experts, including US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention staff, to China to investigate the coronavirus outbreak.

January 29, 2020 – The White House announces the formation of a new task force that will help monitor and contain the spread of the virus, and ensure Americans have accurate and up-to-date health and travel information, it said.

January 30, 2020 – The US reports its first confirmed case of person-to-person transmission of the Wuhan coronavirus. On the same day, the WHO determines that the outbreak constitutes a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC).

January 31, 2020 – The Donald Trump administration announces it will deny entry to foreign nationals who have traveled in China in the last 14 days.

February 2, 2020 – A man in the Philippines dies from the Wuhan coronavirus — the first time a death has been reported outside mainland China since the outbreak began.

February 3, 2020 – China’s Foreign Ministry accuses the US government of inappropriately reacting to the outbreak and spreading fear by enforcing travel restrictions.

February 4, 2020 – The Japanese Health Ministry announces that ten people aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship moored in Yokohama Bay are confirmed to have the coronavirus. The ship, which is carrying more than 3,700 people, is placed under quarantine scheduled to end on February 19.

February 7, 2020 – Li Wenliang, a Wuhan doctor who was targeted by police for trying to sound the alarm on a “SARS-like” virus in December, dies of the coronavirus. Following news of Li’s death, the topics “Wuhan government owes Dr. Li Wenliang an apology,” and “We want freedom of speech,” trend on China’s Twitter-like platform, Weibo, before disappearing from the heavily censored platform.

February 8, 2020 – The US Embassy in Beijing confirms that a 60-year-old US national died in Wuhan on February 6, marking the first confirmed death of a foreigner.

February 10, 2020 – Xi inspects efforts to contain the Wuhan coronavirus in Beijing, the first time he has appeared on the front lines of the fight against the outbreak. On the same day, a team of international experts from WHO arrives in China to assist with containing the coronavirus outbreak.

February 10, 2020 – The Anthem of the Seas, a Royal Caribbean cruise ship, sets sail from Bayonne, New Jersey, after a coronavirus scare had kept it docked and its passengers waiting for days.

February 11, 2020 The WHO names the coronavirus COVID-19.

February 13, 2020 – China’s state-run Xinhua News Agency announces that Shanghai mayor Ying Yong will be replacing Jiang Chaoliang amid the outbreak. Wuhan Communist Party chief Ma Guoqiang has also been replaced by Wang Zhonglin, party chief of Jinan city in Shandong province, according to Xinhua.

February 14, 2020 – A Chinese tourist who tested positive for the virus dies in France, becoming the first person to die in the outbreak in Europe.

February 14, 2020 – Egypt announces its first case of Wuhan coronavirus on Friday, according to a joint statement by Egypt’s Ministry of Health and the WHO. The confirmed case marks the first in Africa since the virus was detected.

February 15, 2020 – The official Communist Party journal Qiushi publishes the transcript of a speech made on February 3 by Xi in which he “issued requirements for the prevention and control of the new coronavirus” on January 7, revealing Xi knew about and was directing the response to the virus on almost two weeks before he commented on it publicly.

February 18, 2020 – Xi says in a phone call with British Prime Minister Boris Johnson that China’s measures to prevent and control the epidemic “are achieving visible progress,” according to state news Xinhua.

February 19, 2020 – Passengers who have tested negative for the novel coronavirus begin disembarking from the stricken Diamond Princess cruise ship, despite mounting evidence from infectious disease experts they could unknowingly be carrying the virus back into their communities.

February 21, 2020 – The CDC changes criteria for counting confirmed cases of novel coronavirus in the US and begins tracking two separate and distinct groups: those repatriated by the US Department of State and those identified by the US public health network.

February 25, 2020 – The NIH announces that a clinical trial to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of the antiviral drug remdesivir in adults diagnosed with coronavirus has started at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha. The first participant is an American who was evacuated from the Diamond Princess cruise ship docked in Japan.

February 26, 2020 CDC officials say that a California patient being treated for novel coronavirus is the first US case of unknown origin. The patient, who didn’t have any relevant travel history nor exposure to another known patient, is the first possible US case of “community spread.”

February 26, 2020 President Donald Trump places Vice President Mike Pence in charge of the US government response to the novel coronavirus, amid growing criticism of the White House’s handling of the outbreak.

So, on Jan 23 WHO says this is not an emergency but 5 days later the WH is announcing a task force to go to China and investigate the disease. BEFORE THAT, we were already working on a vaccine for it to reduce its spread.

The next day Trump sets of a task force to contain and monitor the spread of the virus.
Two days after that, Trump bans direct travel to and from China, which was what has done the most to buy us time to respond to this thing, as contrasted with Itally and the EU's total fuck up with all of it.
By the end of February, within a month of this thing starting, Trump has Pence in charge of managing our national response, all this while Europ[e was still completely ignoring any stringent controls at all.

From Wikipedia
In February, the government began making protective gear against infection by invoking a federal defense law to boost production of masks, gloves, gowns and other items needed to protect medical personnel from exposure.[153]

Testing
The purposes of testing are to tell whether an person has a coronavirus infection, and to let health professionals know both how bad the epidemic is and where it is worst.[154] The government began testing by the CDC, but soon after the CDC found that the test kits were defective and gave inaccurate readings, thus rendering them useless.[155][156]

On March 4, FDA commissioner Stephen Hahn, estimated that close to a million tests would soon be able to be performed with the new test kits, while Vice President Mike Pence estimated it could be as many as 1.5 million.[157]

As of March 12, all 50 states were able to perform tests, with a doctor's approval, either from the CDC or from commercial labs in a state.[159]

This was followed by the government announcing a series of measures intended to speed up testing, including appointment of Admiral Brett Giroir, of the U.S. Public Health Service, to oversee testing, funding for two companies developing rapid tests and a hotline for labs to call to get help finding needed supplies.[160]

The FDA also gave emergency authorization for New York to obtain an automated coronavirus test unit that will speed up screening to provide results in 3.5 hours.[161]

March 13, the Trump administration stated that there will be tests conducted in retail store parking lots across the country, with participating franchises including Walmart, Target, CVS, and Walgreens, and that the results would be sent to labs to complete testing

I think that, with all the ankle biting Trump is getting from partisan hacks, he is doing a damned fine job.

I did not read that in an article. I took it right off the running chart.

Official corona virus infected count in North Korea today:

8:05 AM - 1
8:13 AM - 0
8:48 AM - 1
9:00 AM - 0
9:23 AM - 1
9:29 AM - 0
Really? :shok:
YUP. Same as Duarte cases of drug possession.
8:00 Man found with drugs
8:05 Man buried
:10:
kill-your-local-rt-465-slain-in-july-drug-pushers-53022086.png

Forum List

Back