Officer Who Pepper-Sprayed a Black Army Medic Is Fired

When I was instructed to do something that was against regs by higher ups, I just flat refused on several occasions, and then documented it.
What did they do to you when you refused to follow the order and it was a legal order?
I never did that.

I agreed to follow the rules when I signed up and I did.

I didn't try to get subordinates to do dirt for me and then deny that I ever gave those instructions when the investigators came around.

I got a news flash for you; a lot of those lifer vets that you thank for their service, are some of the most ethically challenged and morally corrupt shitbags you will ever meet.

Not all of them are like that, but a hell of a lot more than you think are.
Its your story

if you choose to write yourself in as Pvt Snuffy the infallible barracks lawyer thats your privilege

But I’m not impressed

I don't give a shit if you're impressed.

The thing is, it doesn't really matter if you know what the regs are, they are just going to do what they are gonna do.

What you call being a barracks lawyer is just trying to minimize the damage these people do.

A lot of black people are afraid of cops.
Agreed

they have been brainwashed by the lib news media that sensationalizes every incident where to police shoot a black criminal

but for black people who are not criminals and choose to cooperate with the cops their risk is no higher than mine
I tried to explain that to him.

It would be easier if there weren't videos of cops treating a "Hey I don't see a license plate, let's check that out..." routine traffic infraction stop, like it's a "Hey that looks like an SUV full of drug cartel hitmen just itching to murder cops...." felony car stop.
Just saying.

It would help if both sides would calm the hell down some.

thousands who were illegally searched under Stop and Frisk had no choice but cooperate.
Now you are topic drifting

The issue here is a black driver who refused to obey police commands to get out of his car

You made a vast generalization. I narrowed it down.

Bond Set At $3 Million For Fired Columbus Police Officer Who Killed Andre Hill

He did what he was told and BLAM!
We dont know what happened because the body cams were not on

but the black army medic clearly defied police orders thereby putting himself in danger

sooooooooooooooo... he pulls into an extremely LIT gas station - where, not only everyone in the immediate vicinity could see - but also driver's by - might have some nefarious motive? ray ray ... wtf is wrong with you? you threw way yer critical thinking cap, didn't you?

Well Playwithyourself, police have to be prepared for anything. When you have such a job, you can't take anything for granted. Even when police approach a vehicle in broad daylight after stopping the car and calling in the license plate, they approach the car with their hand on their firearm. Did you ever hear of a police ambush? They happen all the time.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! of course. but for fuck's sake - the dude drove with his flashers on, at a normal speed, if not slower - did NOT try to make a run AND went to a well lit area where the cops could see a lot easier wtf was happening AND were supposta tell him WHY he was being pulled over.

a cop's job is also to try to DE ESCALATE any potential scenerio that might be amped up - that cop did the opposite.

your excuses just don'y fly raymond & the cop was justifiably fired.

he certainly understands justifide 'commands'.
There no such thing as “justifide” commands

there are only commands, period

not true. an underling can refuse an illegal / immoral order.
Yes, but he better by right

very few situations are so clearcut as Mi Lie in vietnam

and certainly not the mistaken idea of libs on this forum that black people do not have go get out of their car when ordered to by police

bullshit. if he honestly didn't know why - because he had done NOTHING wrong - AND given the atmosphere ... being a black dude these days seems to be a terminal illness - AND he put his own phone on to record because of that quandry, AND - being in the military, he certainly understands justifide 'commands'.

So what do you think what would happen to him if a higher rank officer gave him a command and he refused it because he claimed he was afraid of the higher ranked solder, or he didn't think the command was proper?

When a police officer pulls you over, you don't assume you didn't do anything wrong and therefore disobey their orders. You pull over, do what they tell you to do, and they'll explain why they pulled you over. If you're going to act like an asshole, they're going to treat you like an asshole.

he asked REPEATEDLY why he was being pulled over & the cop REFUSED to say why.

he was justifiably fired & that makes you wrong as usual.

and certainly not the mistaken idea of libs on this forum that black people do not have go get out of their car when ordered to by police

lol ... ^ ' mistaken idea of libs on this forum that black people do not have go get out of their car when ordered to by police '

i never said 'black people' specifically, now did i? no, no i did not. i also said females are taught not to pull over in a darkened desolite area , let alone get out of that car.

do you think i meant just black females?

Last edited:

Judge to the defendant;
"Why didn't you just get out of the car, son?"
Defendant; "I was scared of them and told them so."
Judge; "And did they tell you that you would be perfectly safe if you just complied with their lawful orders?'
Defendant; "No, actually the one cop told me I was right to be scared of them.... so I sure as hell wasn't going to get out after hearing him say that."

:45:

thousands who were illegally searched under Stop and Frisk had no choice but cooperate.

The issue here is a black driver who refused to obey police commands to get out of his car

but the black army medic clearly defied police orders thereby putting himself in danger

he's a 2nd lieutenant in the army medical corp ... that's a little more involved & higher ranking than 'just' a medic.

hmmmm ....it seems like you are deliberately trying to lower his role or sumpthin'.

tell me, do you think any army grunt = the same as a 2nd lieutenant also?

Last edited:

Judge to the defendant;
"Why didn't you just get out of the car, son?"
Defendant; "I was scared of them and told them so."
Judge; "And did they tell you that you would be perfectly safe if you just complied with their lawful orders?'
Defendant; "No, actually the one cop told me I was right to be scared of them.... so I sure as hell wasn't going to get out after hearing him say that."

:45:

that's right.

Armed officers suggest Black Army lieutenant would face execution during traffic stop: Lawsuit
Watch the disturbing confrontation between Lt. Caron Nazario and officers Joe Gutierrez and Daniel Crocker in the media player below.

By Tom Foreman Jr., Associated Press

WINDSOR, Va. -- A second lieutenant in the U.S. Army is suing two Virginia police officers over a traffic stop last December during which the officers drew their guns, pointed them at him and used a slang term to suggest he was facing execution before pepper-spraying him and knocking him to the ground.

Body camera footage shows Caron Nazario, who is Black and Latino, was dressed in uniform with his hands held in the air outside the driver's side window as he told the armed officers, "I'm honestly afraid to get out."

"Yeah, you should be!" one of the officers responded during the stop at a gas station.
[...]
The officers shouted conflicting orders at Nazario, telling him to put his hands out the window while also telling him to open the door and get out, the lawsuit says.

At one point, Gutierrez told Nazario he was "fixin' to ride the lightning," according to the lawsuit. The phrase was a line from the movie "The Green Mile," a film about a Black man facing execution, and references the electric chair, the lawsuit states.

Nazario got out of the vehicle and again asked for a supervisor. Gutierrez responded with "knee-strikes" to his legs, knocking him to the ground, the lawsuit says. The two officers struck him multiple times, then handcuffed and interrogated him.
Armed officers suggest Black Army lieutenant would face execution during traffic stop: Lawsuit

In our historical past, law enforcement would use their authority to deny or disparage blacks their due process in legal venues.
If blacks think they are still living in the 19th century then they should report to the nearest plantation and get busy picking cotton.

spla_c170818_1131.jpg

which one are you?

Actually. If he receives an illegal order he is required by regulations not to obey it.
yes, thats one of the dumbest ideas the military ever came up with

But it does not apply in the civilian world

And certainly not when the order is legal as this one was

i never said it was illegal - what i SAID was, a person in the military can distiguish between orders - & whether they have to comply.

this one, he did not because the cop wasn't complying with standard protocol.

Yeah, exactly.

Thing is, the senior cop on scene was the asshole in this situation.

He fucked it up, the soldier wasn't out of line, and he was right to be scared of that cop. There is nothing wrong with questioning why a public servant (who puts food on the table with tax money extorted from me) is pointing a gun at me and threatening to kill me...... we all have every right to do that. That is not evidence of wrongdoing or bad intent..... it's just not.

Nobody threatened to kill him. Police have to prepare themselves for self-defense. That's the only reason they pull out their weapon. How did the officer fuck up when this is common procedure for most police departments?

the cop told the driver he SHOULD be afraid & might ' ride the lightening '.

why must you lie, raymond? oh that's right ... cause you don't have a legit argument; that's why.

he's a 2nd lieutenant in the army medical corp ... that's a little more involved & higher ranking than 'just' a medic.

hmmmm ....it seems like you are deliberately trying to lower his role or sumpthin'.

tell me, do you think any army grunt = the same as a 2nd lieutenant also?
No, we grunts were actually good for something.

Hell they even threatened the man and told him he should be scared.
Yes that was uncalled for but humans do
make mistakes

The officer was not a Robocop without emotion

and those 4 words should have earned him a one day suspension without pay

they are trained ... repeatedly trained. if a cop can't adhere to the ongoing repeated training, then he has no biz'nez being on the force.

& now he's not. justifiably not.

There is nothing wrong with questioning why a public servant (who puts food on the table with tax money extorted from me) is pointing a gun at me and threatening to kill me......
When you believe the cop is a split second away from pulling the trigger thats a pretty dumb time to play barracks lawyer

if the black person in question has a lick of sense they will comply and argue about it later

so the question becomes is the black guy stupid, suicidal, or lying about his mortal fear of police?

you mean like when philando castile was pulled over for a broken tail light(?) & did everything right including telling the cop he was a LICENSED gun owner & where the gun was located in the car & was killed anyway?

I mean, the cop did have a gun pointed at his face, so it's not like that's the most irrational thing in the world.
the black guy knew the cop was not going to shoot him

He may be a jerk, but I don't think he is that stupid

he was told flat out he should be afraid & he might 'ride the lightening '.
That's a reference to a taser.

Top definition
ride the lightning
To be executed by electrocution. Most commonly, the electric chair.
"Ole' boy's gonna ride the lighting for killing that man."

by DZ March 15, 2004

Urban Dictionary: ride the lightning

New Topics

Forum List

Back