Officer Who Pepper-Sprayed a Black Army Medic Is Fired

Problem is... when they DO obey...

and get shot.

In those rare events, the officer faces murder or like charges. Figure it this way: If I don't fight the cop and he kills me, at least he will be going to prison. If I fight him and he kills me, he's not going to face any penalty.

And

You are still dead...at least in theory.

In this particular one, the cop was being an ass. I don't blame the guy for waiting to pull over until he was in a well lighted area. Think about it.

I am not focusing on the black folks they kill, I look at the black folks who are harassed, beaten, evidence planted on, etc.

You were focused on it before. Planting evidence on a suspect is urban legend. People who are harassed are usually giving the cop a hard time. Beaten? That only happens when you fight with an officer and he's trying to put on the cuffs.

Do you not realize that black folks don't need anyone to tell us shit when it comes to the police, many of us speak from out OWN experiences with the cops.

Which is bullshit because it happens so rarely. Most blacks don't think that because it happened to them, they think that because it's what their black friends and family members tell them; other people that have never had that experience either.

Who was the last white guy who was killed by police when they accidentally grabbed their gun when they meant to grab their tasor?

You're talking about an accident here, and the officer has been kicked off the force and immediately charged with a crime.

Do you realize how many situations aren't caught on video.

Every police shooting is thoroughly investigated, and usually by outside law enforcement agencies. They do the investigation, forensic science, collect any and all evidence. Besides, WTF can you go in this country without a camera somewhere recording the event? Yeah, out in the sticks. But these incidents happen in cities.

Police harassing, beating and killing black folks in this country is as old as Apple Pie, this isn't some shit that just started this has been going on since Slave Patrols were created.

This isn't 1953 anymore. This is 2021.

And I'm sure if they were pulling him over for speeding or going over the double yellow, they would have approached the vehicle differently.

How are you sure of that? Watching the footage, I didn't see a whole lot of a threat. What I heard was a lot of over vocalized 'NOW!' commands towards a subject that seemed to be trying to comply with visible hands outside of the window. I saw a rookie that couldn't figure out how the inside handle of a Chevy SUV door works. I saw a complying suspect get pepper sprayed. Did these events not happen in your perception?

And

In this particular one, the cop was being an ass. I don't blame the guy for waiting to pull over until he was in a well lighted area. Think about it.

I have no problem with him going to a public place with more lighting. I have a problem with him giving the police a hard time, and then the cop getting fired for it. I don't understand why leftists always choose the most difficult way to address a situation. It makes no sense to me.

Now if that was me, while I was driving to a well lit place, I would be calling 911 explaining what I was doing. When I got to the station, I would have complied with the orders I received. I would have been on my way in about ten minutes with the gratitude from the officers for being so cooperative.

Those were piss poor tactics on the part of the officer.

If a perpetrator refuses to obey multiple orders by law enforcement, force is their only option. In this case the use of pepper spray was the lesser of the force that could have been applied. Would you have preferred the deployment of the Taser?

Problem is... when they DO obey...

and get shot.

So you're now claiming Duarte Wright was complying and obeying the oders of the cops?

How are you sure of that? Watching the footage, I didn't see a whole lot of a threat. What I heard was a lot of over vocalized 'NOW!' commands towards a subject that seemed to be trying to comply with visible hands outside of the window. I saw a rookie that couldn't figure out how the inside handle of a Chevy SUV door works. I saw a complying suspect get pepper sprayed. Did these events not happen in your perception?

What complying suspect? I didn't see any complying suspect in that video. I seen a guy who told the cop he's not going to follow his commands. That's not a complying suspect. That's somebody giving the cops a hard time.

What complying suspect? I didn't see any complying suspect in that video. I seen a guy who told the cop he's not going to follow his commands. That's not a complying suspect. That's somebody giving the cops a hard time.

So you don't possess the critical thinking skills to diffuse that situation? Is that what you're trying to say?

So you don't possess the critical thinking skills to diffuse that situation? Is that what you're trying to say?

The best way to defuse the situation is just do as the police ask. Why give the cops a hard time? You gain nothing from that. Why are you people so supportive of a trouble maker?

Well since the laws are enforced at state level I was asking for the state law that extends the castle doctrine to your vehicle.

I thought you were in Michigan not Ohio but I didn't look up the applicable law in either state, I figured it would be easier to just ask you since you seem to be familiar with it as I would expect you to be.

I would hate to see you get into trouble simply due to a lack of a little bit of knowledge.

Thank you for your concern, but that's why we have to endure 10 hours of class time to obtain a CCW. You need to know the laws at least well enough to pass the written test which does cover a lot of those laws.

To be honest, when I strap on my gun, I pray to God I don't have to use it even if it's a justified killing. I would like to think most CCW holders feel the same way. Anti-gunners have this false belief we armed citizens dream of the day when the opportunity arises to actually kill a bad guy. But I heed the words of my father who never talks about killing in the Korean war. One thing he did say is that when you kill somebody, it's a feeling like you never had in your life, and wish you didn't.
I have a CCW as well, have had it for 21 years at least I will have had on September 13th. I wasn't required to take a class to get it but I've taken plenty of classes since then because I didn't want to be the dumbass who does something stupid that could have been avoided. And I have to complete an annual re-qualification for some of my other licenses. I'm also a certified trainer so I know some of what I speak.

So would you please send me the applicable state statute that addresses use of force in self-defense and your state's castle doctrine.

And

I have no problem with him going to a public place with more lighting. I have a problem with him giving the police a hard time, and then the cop getting fired for it. I don't understand why leftists always choose the most difficult way to address a situation. It makes no sense to me.

Now if that was me, while I was driving to a well lit place, I would be calling 911 explaining what I was doing. When I got to the station, I would have complied with the orders I received. I would have been on my way in about ten minutes with the gratitude from the officers for being so cooperative.
The last thing you want to be doing when being pulled over is to be doing anything that the officers can’t identify. Calling 911 probably falls into that category. The SUV had heavily tinted windows which are legal, but raise suspicions in cops that the occupants don’t want the interior of the car seen. As a civilian, regardless of the law or right and wrong, you NEVER want to increase the stress levels of a officer you are in contact with. Right or wrong, it won’t end well.

The best way to defuse the situation is just do as the police ask. Why give the cops a hard time? You gain nothing from that. Why are you people so supportive of a trouble maker?

I haven't said anything in support of anything. Who the fuck is 'you people'? Do you know the slightest thing about the crap you're spewing? Signs point to: derp.

I haven't said anything in support of anything. Who the fuck is 'you people'? Do you know the slightest thing about the crap you're spewing? Signs point to: derp.

You people as anti-cop people. Your posts seem to be sticking up for the solder and not the officer involved.

:auiqs.jpg:I am not anti-cop. Not anti-military either. What else you got?

The last thing you want to be doing when being pulled over is to be doing anything that the officers can’t identify. Calling 911 probably falls into that category. The SUV had heavily tinted windows which are legal, but raise suspicions in cops that the occupants don’t want the interior of the car seen. As a civilian, regardless of the law or right and wrong, you NEVER want to increase the stress levels of a officer you are in contact with. Right or wrong, it won’t end well.

I bought a 2016 Camry last year. It only had 20,000 miles on it. What I found most convenient is I never had to touch my phone. I just hit a button, told the voice recognition system who I wanted to call, and it calls them.

This guy was driving a brand new SUV. I know his vehicle had to have voice recognition on it.

But you are correct. Police do look down on people who drive vehicles with tinted windows. They won't harass you over it, but you probably won't get many breaks from them if you got caught speeding or something.

I am not anti-cop. Not anti-military either. What else you got?

Hey, I'm just going by your comments here. I don't know you personally.

And this proves...

...what, exactly? You don't have to remind me what I say. We're on the Innert00bs. It's archived.

No, I'm telling you that police have to weigh all possibilities like they were trained to do in the police academy. It could have been an armed carjacker. How are they to know until they identify the subject and determine he was harmless? It could have been a frail 80 year old man. They didn't know.

You know, I've never had a cop pull guns on me during a traffic stop and scream for me to get out of my car.

I wonder why that is.

Oh, yeah. I'm white.

Same here. Traffic stops piss me off so badly because the cops were so polite it was annoying.

The circumstances determine if the action is justified. As the McMichaels have found to their sorrow it is illegal in a vast majority of circumstances.
That case is still undecided as far as I know. But if you look at our law, the two words in there are "believe" and "serious bodily harm." We learned that there is no legal definition what serious bodily harm is. For a prosecutor to bring charges against a shooter, he has to prove what he believed at the time which unless you go on Facebook or something and brag that you set somebody up, is impossible to prove. Nobody can tell what I actually believed at the time.

However statistics show that CCW holders are the most law abiding citizens in our country. One of the reasons for that is when you complete class, pass it and apply, they check you out until the time you became an adult.
Actually Ray, it's "reasonably believe", not just believe. If a person is afraid of black people and thinks that they are all violent and if they see a white person that they will immediately try to do them harm and said white person preemptively pulls out a weapon and shoots a black person who happens to get too close to them or startles them in some manner, that's not a "reasonable" belief. Not based on the "reasonable man" or person doctrine.

As far as the McMichaels, the dad being former law enforcement should have known better but it's a clear demonstration of what so many white [racists] think and believe when it comes to black people. Chasing someone down and provoking an armed confrontation is not "self-defense" under any definition, no matter what dumb federal judges in Florida have to say on the matter.

Aaaand that proves...

...what, exactly?

A lot of the responsibility for shit like this falls on groups like BLM, and the media.
They have both convinced a lot of people that cops are willing and downright eager to abuse or even kill black folks, and that causes many black folks to behave in some seriously strange ways when confronted, because they assume ill intent on everyone's part..... and that's fucked up and causes problems, the same way it does when a cop on a traffic stop for something as minor as not having visible plates, assumes the driver is a heavily armed cop-killer, instead of a regular citizen who is wondering why the cops are pulling him over and screaming at him.

Basically, just a whole lot of people are hysterical fucking little bitches who can't seem to realistically assess danger, and do stupid, dangerous shit as a result.

Forum List

Back