Observational points on our 44th President...Barack Obama

That cracks me up every damn time you post it..The man is nothing but a teleprompting reading ROBOT, who has all his ideas FED to him. I'm not sure he's had a ORGINAL thought, EVER.

OK...thanks for playing Steph

Time for another Race Card

Along with the elitist designation, the TelePrompTer reading nonsense is another racially based criticism that is not based in fact

Obama is undoubtedly an articulate man who gives historic speeches. One would question the racist overtones of someone who dismisses it as "He is really incapable of speaking on his own and can only speak with a TelePrompTer. In spite of every president since Ike using a TelePrompTer and every president in history reading from prepared notes....Obama is the first to be singled out as " he can't speak without a TelePrompTer"
:lol::lol::cuckoo:

OMG, You people are friggen LOSING IT. saying he reads from a teleprompter IS RACIST.
Just like people saying his MIDDLE NAME is Racist. EVEN thought that is HIS LEGAL MIDDLE NAME..
my gawd, you people have gone completely STUPID when it comes to this President. And their isn't anything HISTORIC about ANY of his SERMONS (speeches) he gives, he is JUST A MAN who got elected President of the United States.... got it...
one can only shake their heads at some of the dumb shit you people come with...

Well, then maybe you can explain it better Stephanie

Given that every President has read from a TelePrompTer or from prepared notes and given that you have been given numerous press conferences, debates, impromptu speeches and unprepared statements where Obama was articulate and well spoken...

What would be your justification for making a blanket statement that Obama is incapable of speaking without the use of a TelePrompTer?

Is it a veiled statement that black people are incapable of articulate speech without white people feeding them the words?

Or is it simply an irrational hatred of everything Obama?

Ah..that's the elite tag?

I call it level headed.

"The snobbery" thing really doesn't stick either. Snobs distance themselves from people. That is not what this president has done. Quite the opposite.

:lol: He was going to be the great uniter . . . people are more divided now than ever.

But that is not Obama's fault. It is the fault of his Obamanation.... the mindless borgs who follow, and accuse everyone who dares to disagree with the Messiah of 'racism'. That is what divides... not Obama.

Hey California Girl...

Who is the most elitist poster on this message board?

Any ideas?

Along with the elitist designation, the TelePrompTer reading nonsense is another racially based criticism that is not based in fact

Obama is undoubtedly an articulate man who gives historic speeches. One would question the racist overtones of someone who dismisses it as "He is really incapable of speaking on his own and can only speak with a TelePrompTer. In spite of every president since Ike using a TelePrompTer and every president in history reading from prepared notes....Obama is the first to be singled out as " he can't speak without a TelePrompTer"

OMG, You people are friggen LOSING IT. saying he reads from a teleprompter IS RACIST.
Just like people saying his MIDDLE NAME is Racist. EVEN thought that is HIS LEGAL MIDDLE NAME..
my gawd, you people have gone completely STUPID when it comes to this President. And their isn't anything HISTORIC about ANY of his SERMONS (speeches) he gives, he is JUST A MAN who got elected President of the United States.... got it...

Given that every President has read from a TelePrompTer or from prepared notes and given that you have been given numerous press conferences, debates, impromptu speeches and unprepared statements where Obama was articulate and well spoken...

What would be your justification for making a blanket statement that Obama is incapable of speaking without the use of a TelePrompTer?

Is it a veiled statement that black people are incapable of articulate speech without white people feeding them the words?

I'm NOT PLAYING your stupid games about THE COLOR of a persons SKIN and how articulate they speak.
Yet you SAME people have NO PROBLEMS calling Bush a dunce who can't speak or think for himself...As I said, I'm not playing your dumb games...I'm done with you..:eusa_hand:

What's sad is the people in this country actually fell for this fraud. What the hell didn't the people get when he said, I want to TRANSFORM AMERICA? Did they really think that meant, KEEP YOUR FREEDOMS from an overbearing Government? Obama BELIEVES in the ALL MIGHTY Government and he sees himself as the DICTATOR of it.

Now unfortunately we are ALL paying for it. Hopefully we will SURVIVE him until the 2012 elections. But I don't think it is going to pretty. We are already getting a taste of things to come, with his UNION goon thug buddies declaring war on those Sons of a Bitches American citizens who don't AGREE with them..
Better be prepared.

I think the choices in 2012 are going to be abysmal.

Choice: Candidate who thinks there is no such thing as global warming and the world will be fixed if we can just keep gays from getting married.

Choice: Obama who thinks if we spend 400 billion more dollars we will all have jobs.

~sign~

How he was raised doesn't make him an elitist, his attitude does.

Yea.....I know that word

They used to call it uppity

The only time I've ever heard the term uppity is in the phrase 'uppity ******'. Are you implying that people who see Obama as an elitist do so because he is black? If so, you're 100% wrong -- at least with me.

And if you are implying that it's because he's black? This is the bullshit that was being discussed in another thread. Can't criticize Obama without the race card being played. Please. :eusa_hand:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-relations-racism/184324-was-obamas-mother-white.html

I know some MDs who call nurses with advanced degrees 'uppity.'

The only time I've ever heard the term uppity is in the phrase 'uppity ******'. Are you implying that people who see Obama as an elitist do so because he is black? If so, you're 100% wrong -- at least with me.

And if you are implying that it's because he's black? This is the bullshit that was being discussed in another thread. Can't criticize Obama without the race card being played. Please. :eusa_hand:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-relations-racism/184324-was-obamas-mother-white.html

I believe that calling Obama elitist is a code word for uppity

In the segregated south, two things would get a black man hung. One was looking at a white woman, the other was acting like you were better than a white person.

Now calling Obama uppity would not be socially correct. So they coined the term elitist to let people know that he thinks he is better than you. It is intended to gain the same reaction

In fact, Obama is one of the least wealthy presidents in history. He, and his wife lived the American dream of working their way up to eventually become President. Now that he is president, the critics start with...he thinks he is better than you

OK right wing posters....time to play your "race card" game

Is John Kerry black too? I remember him being called an elitist. :razz:

Even though I went on scholarship, I have been called an elitist because I graduated from Vanderbilt. But then I'm one of those uppity nurses! :clap2:

I believe that calling Obama elitist is a code word for uppity

In the segregated south, two things would get a black man hung. One was looking at a white woman, the other was acting like you were better than a white person.

Now calling Obama uppity would not be socially correct. So they coined the term elitist to let people know that he thinks he is better than you. It is intended to gain the same reaction

In fact, Obama is one of the least wealthy presidents in history. He, and his wife lived the American dream of working their way up to eventually become President. Now that he is president, the critics start with...he thinks he is better than you

OK right wing posters....time to play your "race card" game

What was Kerrys family background compared to Obamas? Kerry and Bush and Kennedy all came from elite American families, why else would the term be used to describe Obama?

Here you go:

The son of an Army Air Corps serviceman, Kerry was born in Aurora, Colorado. He attended boarding school in Massachusetts and New Hampshire and went on to graduate from Yale University class of 1966, where he majored in political science. He enlisted in the Naval Reserve in 1966 and, during 1968-1969, served a four-month tour of duty in South Vietnam as officer-in-charge (OIC) of a Swift Boat. For that service he was awarded several combat medals that include the Silver Star, Bronze Star, and three Purple Hearts. After returning to the United States, Kerry joined the Vietnam Veterans Against the War in which he served as a nationally recognized spokesperson and as an outspoken opponent of the Vietnam war. During that period, he appeared before the Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs where he deemed his superiors to be "war criminals".

John Kerry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As I recall, it was Kerry's WIFE who had the family money, not him!

Since Stephanie is playing my straight man today, let's play another of those dreaded Race Cards

Is calling Obama " Hussein" racist?

Do people who call him Hussein do so because it is a funny sounding name or because they want to remind people that his family has Muslim roots or even that Obama is a secret Muslim?

No...no racism there

What was Kerrys family background compared to Obamas? Kerry and Bush and Kennedy all came from elite American families, why else would the term be used to describe Obama?

Here you go:

The son of an Army Air Corps serviceman, Kerry was born in Aurora, Colorado. He attended boarding school in Massachusetts and New Hampshire and went on to graduate from Yale University class of 1966, where he majored in political science. He enlisted in the Naval Reserve in 1966 and, during 1968-1969, served a four-month tour of duty in South Vietnam as officer-in-charge (OIC) of a Swift Boat. For that service he was awarded several combat medals that include the Silver Star, Bronze Star, and three Purple Hearts. After returning to the United States, Kerry joined the Vietnam Veterans Against the War in which he served as a nationally recognized spokesperson and as an outspoken opponent of the Vietnam war. During that period, he appeared before the Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs where he deemed his superiors to be "war criminals".

May be my mistake. I thought I heard that his mother was from the Forbes family

Here you go:

May be my mistake. I thought I heard that his mother was from the Forbes family

From the wiki article

Kerry is the child of Richard Jerry Kerry (1915–2000), a Foreign Service Officer and an attorney for the Bureau of United Nations Affairs, and Rosemary Forbes Kerry (1913–2002), a World War II nurse and member of the wealthy Forbes family. He has three siblings: two sisters, Diana (born in 1947) and Margerie (aka Peggy; born in 1941), and a brother, Cameron (born in 1950), Cameron Kerry was picked to be Barack Obama's general counsel of the Commerce Department.[2]

It appears that she was, but she did lower herself to be a nurse. LOL

Damn...this thread has grown.
From what I have read through - I have seen no substantive argument to my opinions.

My opinion on Bush is that he was far too impulsive, not terribly bright and probably the worst war-time President in history. However, he was absolutely charitable and was clearly an action-oriented person.

I base my opinion on a number of things about Obama.
Take the Beer Summit...he made an absolute ass out of himself by firing off on a situation that he only knew ONE side of - but in keeping with his elitism - and all because it never occurred to him that a "member of the club" could possibly be in the wrong against a white police officer...and even made reference to racial profiling!

That is one example.

Once again we get the "we can't criticize Obama without the race card coming out" defense

Criticize all you want.....Economy, Foreign policy, global warming ...pick an issue.... that's not race card

I do have a problem with using the term elitist to describe someone from the most non elite backgrounds in presidential history. Why cant we discuss the possibility that there may be some racist overtones to using the term elitist? To me, it sounds too much like the term uppity.

Can you explain what the difference between being elitist and being uppity would be?

You know I actually had to look up uppity? The definition is akin to elitist. Neither description mentions race. So why do you infer that when someone calls him an elitist that's some kind of code word for criticizing his race? How is it that calling Obama an elitist is criticizing him based on his skin color?

uppity:

affecting an attitude of inflated self-esteem; haughty; snobbish.

elitist:

1. (of a person or class of persons) considered superior by others or by themselves, as in intellect, talent, power, wealth, or position in society: elitist country clubbers who have theirs and don't care about anybody else.

2.catering to or associated with an elitist class, its ideologies, or its institutions: Even at such a small, private college, Latin and Greek are under attack as too elitist.

3. a person having, thought to have, or professing superior intellect or talent, power, wealth, or membership in the upper echelons of society: He lost a congressional race in Texas by being smeared as an Eastern elitist.

eta: the bolded . . . . you're the one who bought race into the discussion

Thanks...

Yes, I was the first one to bring race into the discussion because I believe it to be appropriate. Just like all criticism of Obama is not racist, questioning some potential racial overtones of some criticism is not always playing the Race Card

I criticized Obama's elitist attitude and your immediate response to it was that it was racist (your uppity remark). You also posted "criticize all you want . . . that's not race card". You're playing the race card when your response is "uppity: code word for you don't like him because he's black".

You want to discuss his race or take criticism of him as shots at the color of his skin? Have at it. I'm not playing that game. I don't care that he's black. If he were white and displayed the same snobbish, elitist, above it all attitude I'd call him an elitist.

It's a statement that says without the teleprompter Obama rambles on and on (ok, even with it he rambles) and his speech is filled with "uhs, umms and lengthy pauses between points".

That he uses a teleprompter isn't a problem, they all do. That he is dependent upon it is the problem. Most use notes/teleprompter, etc. as a reference to their speech; Obama uses it as a crutch.

NONE of that has squat to do with his skin color.

P.S. "Along with the elitist designation, the TelePrompTer reading nonsense is another racially based criticism that is not based in fact." That's the first time I've ever heard of Obama using a teleprompter as being racially based. Wow, you guys are really out there . . . .

Yea.....I know that word

They used to call it uppity

I know some MDs who call nurses with advanced degrees 'uppity.'

My thoughts are that the docs do that because they see those nurses as 'wanna be docs' . . . but they're (the nurses) aren't.

Sounds to me like the docs are being the 'uppity' ones.

LOL

I just love when Conservatives use the term elitist when referring to someone raised by a single mother who worked his way up to become president of the US

Meanwhile, George Bush came from one of the richest and most powerful families in America and was sold by Republicans as a "Good ole Boy"
At least GWB can prove he is a citizen of the USA. Obamaturd has yet to do that.

LOL

I just love when Conservatives use the term elitist when referring to someone raised by a single mother who worked his way up to become president of the US

Meanwhile, George Bush came from one of the richest and most powerful families in America and was sold by Republicans as a "Good ole Boy"

Obama didn't work his way up without help. How did he get his college paid for? We do know that he used affirmative action to get placed on the Harvard Law Review. We know nothing about the usurper named Barack Hussein, Obama aka Barry Soetoro, aka Barack Obama Soebarkah. Take your pick.

So what?

How many black kids receiving financial aid to go to college are called elitist?
I do not trust anyone who keeps changing their name. Unqualified, period.

LOL

At least GWB can prove he is a citizen of the USA. Obamaturd has yet to do that.

Obama didn't work his way up without help. How did he get his college paid for? We do know that he used affirmative action to get placed on the Harvard Law Review. We know nothing about the usurper named Barack Hussein, Obama aka Barry Soetoro, aka Barack Obama Soebarkah. Take your pick.

So what?

How many black kids receiving financial aid to go to college are called elitist?
I do not trust anyone who keeps changing their name. Unqualified, period.

When the left talks about 'right-wing racists' they are referring to kooks like you. You don't do anyone any favors by spewing nonsensical shit like this. Loon.

LOL

Thanks for sharing that

You come by this analysis based on what? This is hardly critical and seems completely like a "hit piece" opinion. It ignores his history, which has shown at various times that he has worked to help people in unfortunate circumstances better themselves (Hence the tag "community organizer"), he has held himself accountable for his party's losses ( the "shellacking" speech was pretty indicative of that ), has admitted to fault ( Beer summit ), and has generally reached out multiple times and included the ideas of the opposition. This, by the way is in direct contrast to his predecessor who called himself "The Decider" and held that he was never wrong or that debate was a means to bring the opposition to your side.

I've NEVER seen him doing anything like this, even in jest.

George W Bush - The Elite My Base - YouTube

And I have NEVER seen him say that "god told him to run". As Bush, Bachmann and Perry have done.

this community organizing was a stepping stone ala the wright church, he needed cred in the black community, and he knew how to get it. *shrugs*.

Forum List

Back