Observational points on our 44th President...Barack Obama

It must be all his use of the words "we" and "us" that make him seem arrogant.

The fact that he can string sentences together and thinks things through makes him an elitist.

Were Obama white and displayed the attitude he does I'd call him an elitist. The color of his skin doesn't have anything to do with it.

Interesting that, once again, the race card is played by the left leaning. And again goes to the point that criticism of Obama by those on the right is so often tossed aside as 'racism by another word'. This game is old.

Race Card! Race Card!

Why is it impossible to discuss the racial implications of the first black American president?

The fact that the term "elitist" is used to describe a man who came from arguably the most non elite background in presidential history raises questions. You really can't name anything that would make him elite so you come back with a vague reference to "attitude"

Being uppity was all about attitude too

Nothing is wrong with discussion racial implications but when one can't criticize Obama without the race card being played? yeah, it's old.

Of Clinton, McCain and Obama, Obama was the least wealthy. His background/upbringing isn't what makes him an elitist. His attitude of snobbery, of being above the fray of never being affected by shit because he's above all that does. You want to call it uppity? Feel free but stop putting your label in others mouths.

Once again, if Obama were white I'd still see him as an elitist because of how he acts and his attitude.

Ah..that's the elite tag?

I call it level headed.

"The snobbery" thing really doesn't stick either. Snobs distance themselves from people. That is not what this president has done. Quite the opposite.

Were Obama white and displayed the attitude he does I'd call him an elitist. The color of his skin doesn't have anything to do with it.

Interesting that, once again, the race card is played by the left leaning. And again goes to the point that criticism of Obama by those on the right is so often tossed aside as 'racism by another word'. This game is old.

Race Card! Race Card!

Why is it impossible to discuss the racial implications of the first black American president?

The fact that the term "elitist" is used to describe a man who came from arguably the most non elite background in presidential history raises questions. You really can't name anything that would make him elite so you come back with a vague reference to "attitude"

Nothing is wrong with discussion racial implications but when one can't criticize Obama without the race card being played? yeah, it's old.

Of Clinton, McCain and Obama, Obama was the least wealthy. His background/upbringing isn't what makes him an elitist. His attitude of snobbery, of being above the fray of never being affected by shit because he's above all that does. You want to call it uppity? Feel free but stop putting your label in others mouths.

Once again, if Obama were white I'd still see him as an elitist because of how he acts and his attitude.

Once again we get the "we can't criticize Obama without the race card coming out" defense

Criticize all you want.....Economy, Foreign policy, global warming ...pick an issue.... that's not race card

I do have a problem with using the term elitist to describe someone from the most non elite backgrounds in presidential history. Why cant we discuss the possibility that there may be some racist overtones to using the term elitist? To me, it sounds too much like the term uppity.

Can you explain what the difference between being elitist and being uppity would be?

Race Card! Race Card!

I call it level headed.

"The snobbery" thing really doesn't stick either. Snobs distance themselves from people. That is not what this president has done. Quite the opposite.

:lol: He was going to be the great uniter . . . people are more divided now than ever.

Race Card! Race Card!

I call it level headed.

man, you are so naive when it come to Obama, it's SCARY.. So I guess those people in the 60% DISAPPROVAL rating of this man just has it ALL WRONG...
SHEESH

Last edited:
In watching the man for the past 3 years, here are a few observations I have made.

Who is he?

1) He is an elitist in the sense of one who believes there is a superior class of people. He sees himself as a premier member of this class, and therefore his view of the world is more distinctive than others based entirely on this opinion of himself.
2) He is a narcissist in the mental sense. Like above, seeing himself as one of near divine intellect. This is based on the obvious annoyance he presents and even anger when his opinions or actions are questioned.
3) He holds himself blameless. And therefore is above being held culpable of his past claims or promises.
4) He applies situational ethics to his actions. He is at ease with the belief that what someone else is guilty of, he can be free of blame.

Most of all, I have been fascinated by his total lack of critical thinking. He surrounds himself with others of like mindedness, unable to stomach the opinion or conflicting ideas of others not like himself.

Meh...it takes all kinds...

I call it level headed.

:lol: He was going to be the great uniter . . . people are more divided now than ever.

But that is not Obama's fault. It is the fault of his Obamanation.... the mindless borgs who follow, and accuse everyone who dares to disagree with the Messiah of 'racism'. That is what divides... not Obama.

Race Card! Race Card!

Once again we get the "we can't criticize Obama without the race card coming out" defense

Criticize all you want.....Economy, Foreign policy, global warming ...pick an issue.... that's not race card

I do have a problem with using the term elitist to describe someone from the most non elite backgrounds in presidential history. Why cant we discuss the possibility that there may be some racist overtones to using the term elitist? To me, it sounds too much like the term uppity.

Can you explain what the difference between being elitist and being uppity would be?

You know I actually had to look up uppity? The definition is akin to elitist. Neither description mentions race. So why do you infer that when someone calls him an elitist that's some kind of code word for criticizing his race? How is it that calling Obama an elitist is criticizing him based on his skin color?

uppity:

affecting an attitude of inflated self-esteem; haughty; snobbish.

elitist:

1. (of a person or class of persons) considered superior by others or by themselves, as in intellect, talent, power, wealth, or position in society: elitist country clubbers who have theirs and don't care about anybody else.

2.catering to or associated with an elitist class, its ideologies, or its institutions: Even at such a small, private college, Latin and Greek are under attack as too elitist.

3. a person having, thought to have, or professing superior intellect or talent, power, wealth, or membership in the upper echelons of society: He lost a congressional race in Texas by being smeared as an Eastern elitist.

eta: the bolded . . . . you're the one who bought race into the discussion

Last edited:

I call it level headed.

man, you are so naive, it's SCARY..

Naive? Naw.

I am a certified ITIL practitioner.

http://www.itil-officialsite.com/
Information Technology Infrastructure Library - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm certified V3.

And that kind of helps me understand this President. He appoints the best and most qualified people to positions in his administration. That does not mean he is unwilling to make adjustments if those appointments don't work out. Indeed you must be able to identify problems and act on them rapidly.

And a good contrast to that was President Bush. He made appointments based on two things..ideology and friendships. That changed in the second term when Robert Gates and Jim Baker came in to his administration. Then you started seeing more common sense appointments like David Petraeus, Henry Paulson, Ben Bernake and the removal of Donald Rumsfeld.

President Obama has a very good handle on taking a problem apart and solving it in stages. A good example of that was the Somali Pirate Incident. It was handled in a very cool and competent manner. Nothing was overdone. And the resolution was picture perfect. Another was the BP oil spill. After the initial deaths, the spill was cleaned up and BP was made to pay for it. That was a very complex problem..and handled without a lot of drama from the administration. That of course can't be said for the Republicans who were almost hysterical about every single move.

• Thanks
Reactions: idb
LOL

I just love when Conservatives use the term elitist when referring to someone raised by a single mother who worked his way up to become president of the US

Meanwhile, George Bush came from one of the richest and most powerful families in America and was sold by Republicans as a "Good ole Boy"

You can keep spreading the lie Obama was raised by a poor single mother, but the facts are, he was RAISED by RICH White Grandparents. He had EVERYTHING handed to him and he used them and spit on them as he is us.

As for Bush, he was never SOLD as anything. Everybody knew who the Bush family was.

Exactly !! I wouldn't doubt dual citizenship either to take advantage of the free education either.

You know I actually had to look up uppity? The definition is akin to elitist. Neither description mentions race. So why do you infer that when someone calls him an elitist that's some kind of code word for criticizing his race? How is it that calling Obama an elitist is criticizing him based on his skin color?

uppity:

elitist:

1. (of a person or class of persons) considered superior by others or by themselves, as in intellect, talent, power, wealth, or position in society: elitist country clubbers who have theirs and don't care about anybody else.

2.catering to or associated with an elitist class, its ideologies, or its institutions: Even at such a small, private college, Latin and Greek are under attack as too elitist.

3. a person having, thought to have, or professing superior intellect or talent, power, wealth, or membership in the upper echelons of society: He lost a congressional race in Texas by being smeared as an Eastern elitist.

Go a little deeper into your google of uppity...

uppity:

elitist:

Thanks...

Yes, I was the first one to bring race into the discussion because I believe it to be appropriate. Just like all criticism of Obama is not racist, questioning some potential racial overtones of some criticism is not always playing the Race Card

LOL

I just love when Conservatives use the term elitist when referring to someone raised by a single mother who worked his way up to become president of the US

Meanwhile, George Bush came from one of the richest and most powerful families in America and was sold by Republicans as a "Good ole Boy"

You can keep spreading the lie Obama was raised by a poor single mother, but the facts are, he was RAISED by RICH White Grandparents. He had EVERYTHING handed to him and he used them and spit on them as he is us.

As for Bush, he was never SOLD as anything. Everybody knew who the Bush family was.

Exactly !! I wouldn't doubt dual citizenship either to take advantage of the free education either.

Well folks ...which is it?

Was he raised by RICH White Grandparents who were elite and gave him everything he wanted or did he receive free educational benefits?

The fact that he can string sentences together and thinks things through makes him an elitist.

That cracks me up every damn time you post it..The man is nothing but a teleprompting reading ROBOT, who has all his ideas FED to him. I'm not sure he's had a ORGINAL thought, EVER.

A previous poster brought up....We used to call John Kerry elitist and he is white that proves we are not racist

John Kerry came from a wealthy family with strong political power. He also married into one of the richest families in the US. I can see questioning whether Kerry is elitist because that is what elitist is (same with Kennedy and Bush)

What in Obamas background would cause him to be elitist? Other than vague "I don't like his attitude" and " he thinks he is better than us" would differentiate Obama being elitist and Obama being uppity?

A previous poster brought up....We used to call John Kerry elitist and he is white that proves we are not racist

John Kerry came from a wealthy family with strong political power. He also married into one of the richest families in the US. I can see questioning whether Kerry is elitist because that is what elitist is (same with Kennedy and Bush)

What in Obamas background would cause him to be elitist? Other than vague "I don't like his attitude" and " he thinks he is better than us" would differentiate Obama being elitist and Obama being uppity?

Starting to see your point.

I even threw out a direction to go with the "elitist" meme which wasn't even sniffed out.

This may be racism.

That cracks me up every damn time you post it..The man is nothing but a teleprompting reading ROBOT, who has all his ideas FED to him. I'm not sure he's had a ORGINAL thought, EVER.

OK...thanks for playing Steph

Time for another Race Card

Along with the elitist designation, the TelePrompTer reading nonsense is another racially based criticism that is not based in fact

Obama is undoubtedly an articulate man who gives historic speeches. One would question the racist overtones of someone who dismisses it as "He is really incapable of speaking on his own and can only speak with a TelePrompTer. In spite of every president since Ike using a TelePrompTer and every president in history reading from prepared notes....Obama is the first to be singled out as " he can't speak without a TelePrompTer"

OK...thanks for playing Steph

Time for another Race Card

Along with the elitist designation, the TelePrompTer reading nonsense is another racially based criticism that is not based in fact

Obama is undoubtedly an articulate man who gives historic speeches. One would question the racist overtones of someone who dismisses it as "He is really incapable of speaking on his own and can only speak with a TelePrompTer. In spite of every president since Ike using a TelePrompTer and every president in history reading from prepared notes....Obama is the first to be singled out as " he can't speak without a TelePrompTer"
:lol::lol::cuckoo:

OMG, You people are friggen LOSING IT. saying he reads from a teleprompter IS RACIST.
Just like people saying his MIDDLE NAME is Racist. EVEN thought that is HIS LEGAL MIDDLE NAME..
my gawd, you people have gone completely STUPID when it comes to this President. And there isn't anything HISTORIC about ANY of his SERMONS (speeches) he gives, he is JUST A MAN who got elected President of the United States.... got it...
one can only shake their heads at some of the dumb shit you people come with...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back