Observational points on our 44th President...Barack Obama

LOL

I just love when Conservatives use the term elitist when referring to someone raised by a single mother who worked his way up to become president of the US

Meanwhile, George Bush came from one of the richest and most powerful families in America and was sold by Republicans as a "Good ole Boy"

How he was raised doesn't make him an elitist, his attitude does.

Yea.....I know that word

They used to call it uppity

Playing the race card.... how pathetic.

Yea.....I know that word

The only time I've ever heard the term uppity is in the phrase 'uppity ******'. Are you implying that people who see Obama as an elitist do so because he is black? If so, you're 100% wrong -- at least with me.

And if you are implying that it's because he's black? This is the bullshit that was being discussed in another thread. Can't criticize Obama without the race card being played. Please. :eusa_hand:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-relations-racism/184324-was-obamas-mother-white.html

I believe that calling Obama elitist is a code word for uppity

In the segregated south, two things would get a black man hung. One was looking at a white woman, the other was acting like you were better than a white person.

Now calling Obama uppity would not be socially correct. So they coined the term elitist to let people know that he thinks he is better than you. It is intended to gain the same reaction

In fact, Obama is one of the least wealthy presidents in history. He, and his wife lived the American dream of working their way up to eventually become President. Now that he is president, the critics start with...he thinks he is better than you

OK right wing posters....time to play your "race card" game

In watching the man for the past 3 years, here are a few observations I have made.

Who is he?

1) He is an elitist in the sense of one who believes there is a superior class of people. He sees himself as a premier member of this class, and therefore his view of the world is more distinctive than others based entirely on this opinion of himself.
2) He is a narcissist in the mental sense. Like above, seeing himself as one of near divine intellect. This is based on the obvious annoyance he presents and even anger when his opinions or actions are questioned.
3) He holds himself blameless. And therefore is above being held culpable of his past claims or promises.
4) He applies situational ethics to his actions. He is at ease with the belief that what someone else is guilty of, he can be free of blame.

Most of all, I have been fascinated by his total lack of critical thinking. He surrounds himself with others of like mindedness, unable to stomach the opinion or conflicting ideas of others not like himself.

I agree.

you really need to stop encouraging the trolls and loons, cher. no matter how much rep it gets you from the rightwingnut brigade. :D

yawn.

LOL

I just love when Conservatives use the term elitist when referring to someone raised by a single mother who worked his way up to become president of the US

Meanwhile, George Bush came from one of the richest and most powerful families in America and was sold by Republicans as a "Good ole Boy"

Yea.....I know that word

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner. 10 posts into a thread and the race card is played, as usual, by a lib. The man is arrogant, narcissistic and petulant. Pretty much "uppity" but who used the word first?
Libs inject race into a discussion when they either run out of facts or can't find anything pertinent on Huff Po.

In watching the man for the past 3 years, here are a few observations I have made.

Who is he?

1) He is an elitist in the sense of one who believes there is a superior class of people. He sees himself as a premier member of this class, and therefore his view of the world is more distinctive than others based entirely on this opinion of himself.
2) He is a narcissist in the mental sense. Like above, seeing himself as one of near divine intellect. This is based on the obvious annoyance he presents and even anger when his opinions or actions are questioned.
3) He holds himself blameless. And therefore is above being held culpable of his past claims or promises.
4) He applies situational ethics to his actions. He is at ease with the belief that what someone else is guilty of, he can be free of blame.

Most of all, I have been fascinated by his total lack of critical thinking. He surrounds himself with others of like mindedness, unable to stomach the opinion or conflicting ideas of others not like himself.

I agree.

you really need to stop encouraging the trolls and loons, cher. no matter how much rep it gets you from the rightwingnut brigade. :D

Iam is not a troll nor a loon. In fact, he's a bright guy and I know him from way back, before this forum.

I do happen to agree with his assessment of Obama, particular Obama's lack of critical thinking and surrounding himself with sycophantic far left individuals.

You come by this analysis based on what? This is hardly critical and seems completely like a "hit piece" opinion. It ignores his history, which has shown at various times that he has worked to help people in unfortunate circumstances better themselves (Hence the tag "community organizer"), he has held himself accountable for his party's losses ( the "shellacking" speech was pretty indicative of that ), has admitted to fault ( Beer summit ), and has generally reached out multiple times and included the ideas of the opposition. This, by the way is in direct contrast to his predecessor who called himself "The Decider" and held that he was never wrong or that debate was a means to bring the opposition to your side.

I've NEVER seen him doing anything like this, even in jest.

George W Bush - The Elite My Base - YouTube

And I have NEVER seen him say that "god told him to run". As Bush, Bachmann and Perry have done.

Oh my God...did you just seriously make a counter point that the hilarious Beer Summit somehow shows humility?
Your kidding right? I mean seriously...:clap2:

There were several points in there that pointed to that. He's also apologized at various times for saying things at speeches that he thought went to far..

Obama Walks Back Call For Latinos To 'Punish' Their 'Enemies'

And he gave credit to his predecessor for nothing he had nothing to do with..

Obama Calls Bush Fellow Patriot in Iraq Speech - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Bush never gave credit to his predecessor at all. Even when he helped out in Haiti.

And Contrast all that humility with:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haQzdW7hg4A]Classic Bush - What Mistakes? - YouTube[/ame]

I can't think of anything so starkly different.

:boohoo:
LOL

:boohoo:

Yea.....I know that word

The only time I've ever heard the term uppity is in the phrase 'uppity ******'. Are you implying that people who see Obama as an elitist do so because he is black? If so, you're 100% wrong -- at least with me.

And if you are implying that it's because he's black? This is the bullshit that was being discussed in another thread. Can't criticize Obama without the race card being played. Please. :eusa_hand:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-relations-racism/184324-was-obamas-mother-white.html

In the segregated south, two things would get a black man hung. One was looking at a white woman, the other was acting like you were better than a white person.

Now calling Obama uppity would not be socially correct. So they coined the term elitist to let people know that he thinks he is better than you. It is intended to gain the same reaction

In fact, Obama is one of the least wealthy presidents in history. He, and his wife lived the American dream of working their way up to eventually become President. Now that he is president, the critics start with...he thinks he is better than you

I wouldn't go that far. Quite frankly he has a very professorial tone, that if you have never sat in a college lecture, may sound a little "elitist". Given that Bush did the "down home" cowboy thing nearly every time..people are not going to be use to it.

Iam is not a troll nor a loon. In fact, he's a bright guy and I know him from way back, before this forum.
I do happen to agree with his assessment of Obama, particular Obama's lack of critical thinking and surrounding himself with sycophantic far left individuals.

Many of us know Iam from other environs. He is on the level.

You come by this analysis based on what? This is hardly critical and seems completely like a "hit piece" opinion. It ignores his history, which has shown at various times that he has worked to help people in unfortunate circumstances better themselves (Hence the tag "community organizer"), he has held himself accountable for his party's losses ( the "shellacking" speech was pretty indicative of that ), has admitted to fault ( Beer summit ), and has generally reached out multiple times and included the ideas of the opposition. This, by the way is in direct contrast to his predecessor who called himself "The Decider" and held that he was never wrong or that debate was a means to bring the opposition to your side.

I've NEVER seen him doing anything like this, even in jest.

George W Bush - The Elite My Base - YouTube

And I have NEVER seen him say that "god told him to run". As Bush, Bachmann and Perry have done.

Oh my God...did you just seriously make a counter point that the hilarious Beer Summit somehow shows humility?

There were several points in there that pointed to that. He's also apologized at various times for saying things at speeches that he thought went to far..

Bush never gave credit to his predecessor at all. Even when he helped out in Haiti.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haQzdW7hg4A]Classic Bush - What Mistakes? - YouTube[/ame]

DEFLECT deflect deflect. I MUST protect Obama, I must protect Obama.:eusa_whistle:

Yea.....I know that word

Is John Kerry black too? I remember him being called an elitist. :razz:

DEFLECT deflect deflect. I MUST protect Obama, I must protect Obama.:eusa_whistle:

See Steph..when you make a point..it's generally a good idea to provide facts, examples and contrasts.

That way your point is a bit more solid.

Hope that helps.

:lol:

Were Obama white and displayed the attitude he does I'd call him an elitist. The color of his skin doesn't have anything to do with it.

Interesting that, once again, the race card is played by the left leaning. And again goes to the point that criticism of Obama by those on the right is so often tossed aside as 'racism by another word'. This game is old.

Classic Bush - What Mistakes? - YouTube

See Steph..when you make a point..it's generally a good idea to provide facts, examples and contrasts.

Hope that helps.

I made the point. What didn't you get about it.? This THREAD is about OBAMA. NOT Booooooooooooooooosh

Last edited:

What was Kerrys family background compared to Obamas? Kerry and Bush and Kennedy all came from elite American families, why else would the term be used to describe Obama?

What was Kerrys family background compared to Obamas? Kerry and Bush and Kennedy all came from elite American families, why else would the term be used to describe Obama?

Holy cow..The Obama's haven't EXACTLY lived A POOR LIFE. so yes, they both would be considered, elitist. but you just CAN'T leave their SKIN COLOR out it for some reason, WHY IS THAT?

Last edited:

Hope that helps.

I made the point. What didn't you get about it.? This THREAD is about OBAMA. NOT Booooooooooooooooosh

The "contrast" thing went Whoooooooooooooooooshhhh right over your head did it.

K..here's a challenge. Provide something, anything..that supports the elitist claim. You might want to find the "group" Obama is aligning with too..unless you think that he really does feel superior to everyone else.

Then provide something substantial to back that up.

Were Obama white and displayed the attitude he does I'd call him an elitist. The color of his skin doesn't have anything to do with it.

Interesting that, once again, the race card is played by the left leaning. And again goes to the point that criticism of Obama by those on the right is so often tossed aside as 'racism by another word'. This game is old.

Race Card! Race Card!

Why is it impossible to discuss the racial implications of the first black American president?

The fact that the term "elitist" is used to describe a man who came from arguably the most non elite background in presidential history raises questions. You really can't name anything that would make him elite so you come back with a vague reference to "attitude"

Being uppity was all about attitude too

Race Card! Race Card!

Why is it impossible to discuss the racial implications of the first black American president?

The fact that the term "elitist" is used to describe a man who came from arguably the most non elite background in presidential history raises questions. You really can't name anything that would make him elite so you come back with a vague reference to "attitude"

Being uppity was all about attitude too

Nothing is wrong with discussion racial implications but when one can't criticize Obama without the race card being played? yeah, it's old.

Of Clinton, McCain and Obama, Obama was the least wealthy. His background/upbringing isn't what makes him an elitist. His attitude of snobbery, of being above the fray of never being affected by shit because he's above all that does. You want to call it uppity? Feel free but stop putting your label in others mouths.

Once again, if Obama were white I'd still see him as an elitist because of how he acts and his attitude.

Forum List

Back