Obese College Costs

Political Chic graduated from Obese College

Top of her class

Here's where those burgeoning college costs are going:

"College’s Equity and Inclusion Officer Apologizes for Holding ‘F**k Trump’ Sign at Protest
This must have made any students who support Trump feel very equal and included. Just goes to show diversity administration in higher education is about the politics of the left.

Campus Reform reports:

Chief Equity and Inclusion Officer flashes Trump, McConnell profanity-laced sign"
College's Equity and Inclusion Officer Apologizes for Holding 'F**k Trump' Sign at Protest

Back in my day ... the choice of college took into account whether the National Guard would murder you there ... kids today have it too easy ...

Dave Berry, world renowned expert on North Dakota sewage pumping stations, tells the tale of why Princeton University brought Albert Einstein onto their staff ... the administration was having great difficulty determining the right amount of tuition to charge ... thus today we have the not-so-well known Einstein's 3rd Law of Relativity ... "The more a parent pays to send their kid to Princeton, the more impressed the relatives will be, in general" ... and the corollary: "Tuition is limited only by the administration's imagination" ... as in "I can't imagine anyone paying that much to send their brat to this dump" ...

The University of Oregon couldn't build buildings fast enough to keep up with demand ... so administration just started raising tuition by leaps and bounds just to slack the incoming freshman ... didn't work ... the rejection rates are appalling there for no other reason than not enough classrooms ... does the OP think this is wrong? ... should we have yet another layer of government to regulate this? ... should we take all the profit out of higher education? ...

California used to have what some called a K-14 public education system ... community colleges were tuition-free for residents ... and the four-year state colleges and universities were dirt cheap ... here we're talking some big names too, CalTech, UCLA, Berkeley ... Lawrence/Livermore, JPL, Los Alamos ... UC holds the contract for building all the nuclear bombs for the US Military ... all on the tax-payers' backs ...

We all know the OP doesn't want to raise taxes and she sure as shit doesn't want more government regulations ...

My suggestion would be to hold these universities responsible for issuing fraudulent student loans ... just about anybody can walk into a student financial aid office in any community college and get a loan ... without any consideration if the student is qualified to take college level classes ... and so often these students are stuck having to re-take all the classes they failed in high school ... three years later, $10,000 in student loan debt and they still can't pass algebra ... the college gets their money, they absolutely don't care whether the student succeeds or not ... big profits writing everyone a loan who asks ... the nice part about this is we already have all the laws we need and the prosecutors trained to criminally pursue these "loan sharks" ... it's real easy to sit the perspective student down and have them write an essay ... then judge the essay as to whether this person is ready for a college English class ... and if not, then no loan, pay tuition yourself until you are ready for college level classes ...

I'm sorry ... if you're smart enough to go to college ... then you're smart enough to figure out how to pay for it without borrowing ...

Back in my day ... the choice of college took into account whether the National Guard would murder you there ... kids today have it too easy ...

Dave Berry, world renowned expert on North Dakota sewage pumping stations, tells the tale of why Princeton University brought Albert Einstein onto their staff ... the administration was having great difficulty determining the right amount of tuition to charge ... thus today we have the not-so-well known Einstein's 3rd Law of Relativity ... "The more a parent pays to send their kid to Princeton, the more impressed the relatives will be, in general" ... and the corollary: "Tuition is limited only by the administration's imagination" ... as in "I can't imagine anyone paying that much to send their brat to this dump" ...

The University of Oregon couldn't build buildings fast enough to keep up with demand ... so administration just started raising tuition by leaps and bounds just to slack the incoming freshman ... didn't work ... the rejection rates are appalling there for no other reason than not enough classrooms ... does the OP think this is wrong? ... should we have yet another layer of government to regulate this? ... should we take all the profit out of higher education? ...

California used to have what some called a K-14 public education system ... community colleges were tuition-free for residents ... and the four-year state colleges and universities were dirt cheap ... here we're talking some big names too, CalTech, UCLA, Berkeley ... Lawrence/Livermore, JPL, Los Alamos ... UC holds the contract for building all the nuclear bombs for the US Military ... all on the tax-payers' backs ...

We all know the OP doesn't want to raise taxes and she sure as shit doesn't want more government regulations ...

My suggestion would be to hold these universities responsible for issuing fraudulent student loans ... just about anybody can walk into a student financial aid office in any community college and get a loan ... without any consideration if the student is qualified to take college level classes ... and so often these students are stuck having to re-take all the classes they failed in high school ... three years later, $10,000 in student loan debt and they still can't pass algebra ... the college gets their money, they absolutely don't care whether the student succeeds or not ... big profits writing everyone a loan who asks ... the nice part about this is we already have all the laws we need and the prosecutors trained to criminally pursue these "loan sharks" ... it's real easy to sit the perspective student down and have them write an essay ... then judge the essay as to whether this person is ready for a college English class ... and if not, then no loan, pay tuition yourself until you are ready for college level classes ...

I'm sorry ... if you're smart enough to go to college ... then you're smart enough to figure out how to pay for it without borrowing ...

"...whether the National Guard would murder you there..."

Liberal pap.
You must be a government school grad, huh?

."...new evidence released by the FBI as to the causes of the Kent State shootings of 1970.

“Previously undisclosed FBI documents suggest that the Kent State antiwar protests were more meticulously planned than originally thought and that one or more gunshots may have been fired at embattled Ohio National Guardsmen before their killings of four students and woundings of at least nine others on that searing day in May 1970….Yet the declassified FBI files show the FBI already had developed credible evidence suggesting that there was indeed a sniper and that one or more shots may have been fired at the guardsmen first….And a memorandum sent to FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover on May 19, 1970, referred to bullet holes found in a tree and a statue — evidence, the report stated, that “indicated that at least two shots had been fired at the National Guard.”
New light shed on Kent State killings

But you bought the propaganda like it was on sale, huh?

"I'm sorry ... if you're smart enough to go to college ..."

I guess we just found out that you're not.

I was once $450,000 in debt ... took me twenty years working 8 hours a day for four months a year and two hours a day the other four months ... doesn't everybody get four months paid vacation every year? ... so who needs a high school diploma? ...

So, tell us, what was your major in college? ...

I was once $450,000 in debt ... took me twenty years working 8 hours a day for four months a year and two hours a day the other four months ... doesn't everybody get four months paid vacation every year? ... so who needs a high school diploma? ...

"I was once $450,000 in debt ...."

And this has what to do with the previous post, where I showed you to have imbibed the Kool-Aid?

"So, tell us, what was your major in college?"

"US????"

You have a tapeworm???

Why are you Leftists so fearful of standing up alone?

All you need know is that I am an expert on every topic I choose to post about.

And, I am never wrong.

Political Chic majored in Cut and Paste

Of course Obese College costs more

You gotta feed those kids

"How to Guarantee Higher College Tuition Costs

College costs continue to rise. Columbia, the nation’s tuition leader this past academic year, has seen its price tag climb yet again, to about $60,000 annually for tuition alone, bringing its total annual cost to over $75,000, when counting room and board. Ivy League schools are not alone. For two generations, tuition-rate hikes have significantly exceeded inflation. Why?

Macro-economists argue that “free money”—delivered to colleges through the government’s spigots—is chiefly to blame, since it encourages schools to find people and things to spend all that money on. Idaho’s Boise State University offers a case in point. Its tuition is dwarfed by Ivies like Columbia. It’s located in the relatively conservative state of Idaho, where, presumably, the state legislature and state board of education are more interested in holding down spending. Yet BSU is subject to the same pressures and temptations of other schools, just on a smaller scale. And Idaho’s legislature has been unwilling to discipline spending. Between 2005 and 2018, the state boosted its spending on BSU by 105 percent—from roughly $250 million to $545 million—well beyond the necessary adjustments for inflation."
How to Guarantee Higher College Tuition Costs

The effect of the ascendancy of the Left/Democrat Party is the breakdown in ethics, and the trashing of American culture, from 'defining deviancy down,' to coarsening the language in discourse (Tlaib).

An unexpected deleterious consequence of the Liberal/Democrat magnification of college debt, it appears, is prospective students prostituting themselves to pay the exorbitant costs.

"Report Says 2.4 Million Students in U.S. Use Dating Site to Seek ‘Sugar Daddies’ for Tuition Help
This seems like a sad way to make ends meet.

FOX Business reports:

College students pay tuition by hooking up with sugar daddies, mommas
About 4 million students are looking for generous partners — sugar daddies or sugar mommas — through dating site SeekingArrangements to help pay for some or part of their school bills. Of that, 62 percent, or 2.48 million, are students in the United States, according to the company. The site recently released its list of schools nationwide with the largest growth in new profiles.

“The numbers speak for themselves,“ Brandon Wade, the founder and CEO of Seeking Arrangements, said in a statement."
Report Says 2.4 Million Students in U.S. Use Dating Site to Seek 'Sugar Daddies' for Tuition Help

Last edited:
Today's Yoot are mostly pussies.

I have had several conversations in recent years with HS grads on the subject of college and paying for it. My own college and law school were paid for by
  • The GI Bill,
  • Personal savings,
  • Part-time jobs (multiple) during first two years,
  • Earnings while working full time and schooling full-time (7 years),
  • Employer contributions,
  • One small grant (PHEAA, $1,200) and one small loan ($1,200), which was paid off before that school year ended.
And of course, living on campus was never an option.

My first two years were in Community College, and I lost not a single credit when I transferred to Univ of Pittsburgh. Admittedly the tuitions and fees at the time (1971-1982) were very low compared to today, but when I mention going into the Service, working midnight shift while going to school during the day (which I did for two years), going part-time and figuring on taking more than four years, their eyes glaze over. The only college scenario they can conceive of is coming up with a mountain of money to finance going to school for four years, living on campus, and exiting with that mountain of debt. And they really don't want to be bothered with working during breaks.

Part of this attitude is the sheer magnitude of the cost of going "conventional." The savings one would accumulate in a summer of part-time work at Wendy's is a pittance compared to even the first semester's tuition at a private college. Why bother?

As detailed earlier in this thread, college tuitions, costs, and fees have skyrocketed over the years since the Boomers departed college and left all those empty seats. On one hand it's the free availability of Federal loan money that fuels the increases, but the explosion of bullshit staff and faculty is equally to blame. If you eliminated every position that included the words "diversity" or "inclusion" it would save a ton, and the mission of the university would not be impeded in the least. The same could be said of deleting every course that includes the word, "studies" in its title. Courses and majors have been added to accommodate the small army of new students who have no business even being on a college campus other than in a janitorial capacity (yes, laddie, I'm talking about the football team and the "diversity" mob).

But, further to the title of this posting, it is still possible to finance a BA/BS and not go broke in the process, if you have the maturity, pluck, and good judgment to do things reasonably.

But what's the alternative to College? Working in a factory for a wage of $20 per hour?(can't get far on that kind of slave wage)....my granddaughter just graduated from uw Madison and was immediately hired on in a hospital Maki g almost $40 per hour...she works 36 hours a week and gets paid for 40. She would never come close to that working for some lowlife company owner.

You could perhaps use your own brain, some motivation and a little imagination. I retired early and pretty well off as a non degreed EE in silicon valley . Probably the most competitive environment on earth for EEs at the time.
Then too there were Jobs, Gates, Wozniak and many others including Zuckerberg who dragged down billions sans degree. However they all had to use their brains along with a lot of hard work and some long hours.
A degree, especially some worthless BA degree in liberal arts crap guarantees you NOTHING!

Ah, college. The last bastion of experimentation.

Like choosing underwater basketweaving as your major, while your parents pay through the nose.

OK, that one's still just a rumor, but you might want to check with your kids before signing on the dotted line -- because these 20 twisted majors are 100 percent real:

1. Wine Making. College isn't just about boozing after hours. Students at a host of schools can take viticulture -- learning to make wine from the grape growing to the grape stomping (or pressing these days) and beyond.

2. Golf Management. Four years on the links doesn't sound all that hard, but these students actually learn everything from how to keep a green "green" to hospitality.

3. Boilermaking. Not just the Purdue mascot, it's the study of how to make and repair steam parts.

4. Franchising. An entire line of study can help you run your own fast food chain. It's a far cry from flipping burgers.

5. Philology. A fancy name for the study of language. Take your pick from Tagalog to Urdu.

6. Meat Cutting. Thank a meat-cutting major for your steak tonight.

7. Home Ec. Yes, even in this day and age -- although they call it "family and consumer sciences" these days.

8. Home Furnishings and Equipment Installers. A roundabout way of saying "interior design," but they sound large and in charge this way.

9. Auctioneering. Classes to make you talk faster! New Yorkers need not apply.

10. Fashion and Fabric Consultation. Next stop: personal shopper.

11. Aromatherapy. You mean there's more to it than walking through Yankee Candle and taking home what smells good?

12. Human Sexuality. Let's talk about sex, baby! They do it at Widener University!

13. Canadian History. Our neighbor to the north is YOUNGER than the United States. And that's saying a lot.

14. Gunsmithing. As long as there's a right to bear arms, someone has to make them, right?

15. Mortuary Science and Embalming. Somebody's got to do it, but way to bring a pallor to your party days.

16. Logic. Can we sign everyone up for a year of this?

17. Security and Loss Prevention. They're NOT just mall cops apparently.

18. Cartooning. It's not a well-known college, but there's a school devoted entirely to comic books. Spider-Man eat your heart out.

19. Bagpiping. There's never a shortage of pipers at Scottish funerals ... or weddings ... thanks to Carnegie Mellon.

20. Sports Ministry. Get out there with your pastor and play paddleball at Belhaven. You'll be in sports heaven.

Would you pay for these?

Meatcutting and 19 More Strange College Majors Parents Are Paying For

Exploring the undead: University of Baltimore to offer English class on zombies

By Daniel de Vise

Friday, September 10, 2010

Is "Night of the Living Dead" a simple zombie film or a subtle antiwar statement? Precisely when did viral pandemic supplant nuclear radiation as the leading cause of zombification? And which sort of animated dead has the greater potential to frighten: shambler or sprinter?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/08/AR2010090802944.html?wprss=rss_metro

College: Liberalism, Incorporated.
I did a quick search for:
19. Bagpiping. There's never a shortage of pipers at Scottish funerals ... or weddings ... thanks to Carnegie Mellon.

Yes indeed, that is a valid major and so far 3 people have graduated. Who knew? Two were easy to find as they have web sites devoted to booking
them for events. Odd major but it appears they are earning money, no idea how much, so it puts them ahead of other majors that are just pre-graduate schools degrees. They probably love what they're doing.

As pointed out by the esteemed Heather MacDonald, the "diversity" industry in our nation's colleges is fueled by a phony and patently false complaint: That women and BIPOC's have been victimized by discrimination for all of recorded history (on campus).

Indeed, looking at the thousands and thousands of otherwise worthless administrators on campus dedicated to promoting "diversity" (and enforcing Title IX) one would conclude that women and BIPOC's had had virtually no chance of either entry or success on campus, due to the tremendous discrimination visited upon them.

But this is pure poppycock. Universities welcome such people with open arms. They waive previously inviolable criteria in order to get them onto faculty and into senior administrative positions. The Diversity Industry is totally dedicated to stamping out something (discrimination against wimmin and BIPOC's) that is virtually non-existent on college campi today.

And make no mistake: Funding the diversity industry is a major driver of exploding college costs today.

We lost a vital path to success in this country when college tuition became so massive that it is virtually impossible to "work your way through college," as I did. And there is no rational justification for the cost explosion, other than the infusion of federal government money and interference.

You could perhaps use your own brain, some motivation and a little imagination. I retired early and pretty well off as a non degreed EE in silicon valley . Probably the most competitive environment on earth for EEs at the time.
Then too there were Jobs, Gates, Wozniak and many others including Zuckerberg who dragged down billions sans degree. However they all had to use their brains along with a lot of hard work and some long hours.
A degree, especially some worthless BA degree in liberal arts crap guarantees you NOTHING!
Yes let's all play the "let's start a business lottery"... when 70% of businesses fail by 10 years.

Did you ever consider who provides jobs?

Did you ever consider who pays all the taxes that keep you in beer and weed???

No?

So you're a government school grad, huh?
Who provides the jobs are you and me buying stuff.

Businesses are not job creators... no business person is going to open a business or even expand one if there's no demand for their products.

Demand comes about when you or I have money in our pockets.

Consumers are the job creators!

What a moron. Entrepreneurs are the job creators. What consumer wanted Amazon? You could buy books at the local Barnes & Noble or Borders. Amazon INTRODUCED CONSUMERS to the idea of shopping on line for a better price, which concept quickly expanded from books to EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD. Now them employ hundreds of thousands.

What consumer wanted facebook, google, youtube, or any of the other bullshit sites that occupies peoples' time and attention? Nobody. Entrepreneurs created the demand for those services, then hired the staff to fulfill that demand.

What consumer wanted Starbuck's? You could get coffee anywhere, or make it yourself. Starbuck's CREATED THAT MARKET, which employs those thousands and thousands of people.

Countless other examples. Entrepreneurs identify, and sometimes CREATE a consumer need, then fulfill it.

And hire people to make it happen.

Consumers don't create shit.

Who provides the jobs are you and me buying stuff.

Businesses are not job creators... no business person is going to open a business or even expand one if there's no demand for their products.

Demand comes about when you or I have money in our pockets.

Consumers are the job creators!

"Businesses are not job creators"

So you ARE a government school grad.

Forum List

Back